“Think not once but twice even three times before staying”

Chambersburg Travelodge
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Chambersburg
Long Island, NY,
“Think not once but twice even three times before staying”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Ok, I always follow what the reviews are for a hotel But this time I should not have!!! This hotel wasn't awful but it was not good. The benefit of this hotel was Peggy's next door where you get your hot breakfast. Great friendly people. I really don't have any complaint about the desk staff. Mainly the problem with this hotel is that it is old and run down. The price great but you pay for what you get!!! I would say if you can't find ANY other place and don't want to pay the $120 and up price for other places than by all means stay here. Don't misunderstand my review the main problem with this place is that it is old, old, old! Needs new carpets, and some of the rooms smell musty.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms weren't musty smelling
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank koalatea

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Chambersburg
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Overall This travelLodge Was Pretty Humble, Basic, AndDated But Clean And We Slept Well. There Was Rust On Toilet Paper Holder, Bath Fan Would Cut Off And On At Times.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Manish P, Front Office Manager at Chambersburg Travelodge, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear Brian S,

Thank you for taking the time to write this comment. We take our guests comments into consideration and improve upon them. We will look into the problems you faced. We hope to see you again!
Punxsutawney, PA
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We were attending the Track & Field State Championships in Shippensburg, and there were only 3 hotels that had vacancies. I didn't even try two of them because they were last on the list for hotels in Chambersburg. I read the reviews on Trip Advisor and decided to try the Travelodge. If you are looking for something fancy, this isn't the place to stay, but it had clean rooms and the owner was very nice and accommodating. The only problem that we had was a smell in the room. You could smell it as soon as you opened the door. I can't describe the smell, except maybe a closed up, damp odor, like maybe the rug was wet at one time and never dried right. That was my only complaint. I told this to the man at the desk when we checked out, and he said I should have told him about it, and he would have tried to do something, even changing our room. I didn't ask before that, because I knew the hotel was full and felt he had no other place to put us. Breakfast is included with the room, and there is a restaurant on premises, where you order what you want to eat, with three choices, and it is cooked and served. The breakfast was delicious, and served well. All in all, it was a nice stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family