Seven Springs Mountain Resort
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Champion
See available hotels
  • Restaurant
Econo Lodge(Somerset)
View Hotel
All reviewsthe main lodgeroller skatingfamily memoriesbreakfast buffetalpine slideski slopesfamily packagesnow tubingpizza shopwine festivallift ticketsfourth floorsporting claysindoor poolholiday weekendslope sidelong weekend
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 July 2011

We went to Seven Springs for a mountain bike race. Typically at bike races there is not a lot for kids to do. That was not the case. We had good weather so we didn't participate in a lot of activies inside except for the arcade. The alpine slide was a favorite.

The resort is huge. The lodging area was like walking through a maze. I wish I would have been able to find a paper map. Expect there to be quite a distance from where you park your car to your room. There is a loading/unloading area to make it easier. Our room was nice, farily clean, and comfortable beds. The staff at the front desk was very friendly. We were able to check in a little early and get a late checkout.

We ate dinner at the bar restaurant and it was good food and reasonably priced. If you wanted something fancier, there were other restaurants on site.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2011

I have never listed a review online but felt compelled to. $16/day for valet parking, if you would like a rolling rack for luggage you have to use bellboy. Walked all the way to room to find none of our keys worked. Most activities end at 5pm so no need to arrive early. If you do you can swim or pay $7.50/ person to bowl. $4.50 for a dixie cup drink at the pool. Food was awful, most entrees came to table burnt. Trying for the big league resort but just doesn't cut it. And we still have another day and night here. We all want to go back to the KOA we came from!

• Stayed: July 2011
4  Thank leene168
Reviewed 20 July 2011

We planned a family reunion at 7 Springs. First of all, be aware that when you reserve your room, your credit card is IMMEDIATELY charged for the cost...I wasn't even off the phone with the reservationist! And unfortunately, I accidentally gave my bank card, so while we were still on the phone, I asked her to change it to my credit card. I was making 3 room reservations, but she only changed one of them, so I ended up with an overdraft fee. We also booked the wagon ride to the campfire. Its a beautiful view, but at $10/person for the campfire (hot dogs, s'mores, and lemonade) plus $5/person for the ride, you'd think they would have had enough food for us! The attendand told us that they didn't think we were making this a meal! No, but we didn't even get 2 hot dogs per person...so they sent someone back to the resort to get a package of FROZEN hot dogs. A group of us sat at the Bavarian Lounge and we each pitched in some money to pay for our drinks and appetizers. The server came over, told us (didn't give us a bill) that it came to $60 and snatched some of the money off the table. We weren't finished yet! At check out, my mother arranged to pay for everyone's rooms, and we were told our credit cards would be credited immediately. Its three days later and I still don't see the credit in my account! So they've had six rooms paid for twice right now.... I think the owners must be in over their heads financially because this is no way to run a "premiere" resort. Overall, its a beautiful location but the staff needs some training in quality customer service and the owners and general manager better re-think their policies!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank lynnmark1208
Reviewed 23 June 2011

We have been here before a few years ago - Let me just tell you that they have made so many improvements and lots of updates. We had a King Room in the Tower (connected to the Lodge) and the room was great & newly renovated. We spent a lot of time at the pool and it was really nice too. They have a pool bar & serve lunch items. There is usually live music poolside on the weekends. We took a chairlift ride to the top of the mountain - then we walked around at the top of the mountain for a little while and then took the alpine slide ride back down - so fun - even for Adults. They have lots of little shops, a beauty salon (they also have a spa located beside the hotel) pizza shop, coffee pastry shop, dessert shop, arcade, bowling alley, mini golf... And outside they have a pool, hot tubs, tennis courts, little playground, rock climbing wall, jumping things for the kids,.... tons of stuff. They also do Segway tours & ATV Tours, Horse Rides & a Downhill Mountain Bike course (it looked really cool). We were only there for one night so I didn't get to do half of all the things that they offered - You can actually get a wristband for one price & it includes a lot of things for one price.
We ate pizza while we were there and it was really good. We also went to the coffee shop and they serve Starbucks which was great. For dinner we went to the Slopeside Buffet which was about $30 and was really good - especially the desserts (make sure you get a window seat) All in all I was impressed with the improvements that have been made & we will stay there again.

Room Tip: King Room Slopeside - Newly remodled w Balcony
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 June 2011

The Seven Springs Mountain Resort fancies itself as a premier vacation destination, but comes up short in several areas. The staff was uninformed and less than helpful on many occasions, not rude, just ignorant. The accommodations were comfortable but worn and in need of a serious renovation. There is a lot to do on the property, but there is a charge for nearly everything e.g. $10 for half and hour in the the jacuzzi, $8 per ride on the alpine slide. All in all with a few tweaks, Seven Springs could be a great place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family