“Great skiing December - February, golfing, swimming, backpacking and hiking!!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Champion
Seven Springs Mountain Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Champion
Reviewed 28 July 2011

This place has it all with class and sass!! If you are looking for a fun retreat, Seven Springs has it and MORE! Come for a girls weekend, boys golf trip, family fun get away.... you name it, Champion, PA has it. Falling water is close by and if this place is good enough for Angeline, it's even better for you!!!

Room Tip: When staying at the hotel at Seven Springs, choose the side oppsite of the A/C units.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 July 2011

Seven Springs gets good and bad reviews. I agree, with some tweaking, the resort could be great. We stayed for one night recently. Instead of a 16th birthday party, my daughter wanted to take her 7 closest friends to Seven Springs for the night. We were able to switch to a suite upon check-in, since it was raining and I quickly realized the teens might be spending more time in the room than I originally planned, and the additional space would make it tolerable. The clerk being so helpful upon check-in was wonderful! In fact, the staff was wonderful both days we were there. The kids had a blast. I agree this resort can be expensive since there is a charge for everything. Plus kids over age 11 are considered adults. The resort runs good packages if your kids are under 11, but not older teens. The packages include wrist bands for activities, but if they are over 11, they are charged as adults. I was going to buy wrist bands for the group, but since it was raining, and the majority of the activities are outside, it didn't make sense. We were disappointed that even after the rain stopped, many of the activities did not reopen. We were told they sent some of the operators home, even though it stopped raining 3 hours prior to the closing of the activities (alpine slide). So to keep the group occupied, I came up with a scavenger hunt. We have visited this resort many times, for skiing and the the Wine Festival and Autumnfest, so I know the resort well, and could easily think of 10 "clues" for the teams to have to find. This was a highlight for the group! We also tried the new summer tubing, which was faster and more fun than we thought it would be, but an hour is more than enough of this activity (it wore the kids out!) . I rented a hot tub for 30 minutes for the group, which was expensive, but since it was a special occasion, I didn't care. As I mentioned, we have been to this resort many times before and will continue to visit. It has a cozy feel, and the location can't be beat. My only suggestion would be to change the pricing. Our visit was during the week, and the place was a ghost town. I feel if they included the activities in the price during the week, for older children as well, they would fill up the rooms. And once you are there, you are going to spend more money on food, game room, etc. The resort on the weekends is a whole different place, with lively music, bars, etc all open. We ordered pizza at the resort, and just like in past visits, it was delicious! The next day, it was beautiful, and the group got to do the alpine slide, which they loved. So all in all our visit was great. The room really made a huge difference! As I mentioned, we will continue to visit Seven Springs since it is a special place for us, but since our girls are both over 11, wish the pricing was more friendly to families with older children.

Reviewed 25 July 2011

We went to Seven Springs for a mountain bike race. Typically at bike races there is not a lot for kids to do. That was not the case. We had good weather so we didn't participate in a lot of activies inside except for the arcade. The alpine slide was a favorite.

The resort is huge. The lodging area was like walking through a maze. I wish I would have been able to find a paper map. Expect there to be quite a distance from where you park your car to your room. There is a loading/unloading area to make it easier. Our room was nice, farily clean, and comfortable beds. The staff at the front desk was very friendly. We were able to check in a little early and get a late checkout.

We ate dinner at the bar restaurant and it was good food and reasonably priced. If you wanted something fancier, there were other restaurants on site.

Reviewed 21 July 2011

I have never listed a review online but felt compelled to. $16/day for valet parking, if you would like a rolling rack for luggage you have to use bellboy. Walked all the way to room to find none of our keys worked. Most activities end at 5pm so no need to arrive early. If you do you can swim or pay $7.50/ person to bowl. $4.50 for a dixie cup drink at the pool. Food was awful, most entrees came to table burnt. Trying for the big league resort but just doesn't cut it. And we still have another day and night here. We all want to go back to the KOA we came from!

• Stayed: July 2011
4  Thank leene168
Reviewed 20 July 2011

We planned a family reunion at 7 Springs. First of all, be aware that when you reserve your room, your credit card is IMMEDIATELY charged for the cost...I wasn't even off the phone with the reservationist! And unfortunately, I accidentally gave my bank card, so while we were still on the phone, I asked her to change it to my credit card. I was making 3 room reservations, but she only changed one of them, so I ended up with an overdraft fee. We also booked the wagon ride to the campfire. Its a beautiful view, but at $10/person for the campfire (hot dogs, s'mores, and lemonade) plus $5/person for the ride, you'd think they would have had enough food for us! The attendand told us that they didn't think we were making this a meal! No, but we didn't even get 2 hot dogs per person...so they sent someone back to the resort to get a package of FROZEN hot dogs. A group of us sat at the Bavarian Lounge and we each pitched in some money to pay for our drinks and appetizers. The server came over, told us (didn't give us a bill) that it came to $60 and snatched some of the money off the table. We weren't finished yet! At check out, my mother arranged to pay for everyone's rooms, and we were told our credit cards would be credited immediately. Its three days later and I still don't see the credit in my account! So they've had six rooms paid for twice right now.... I think the owners must be in over their heads financially because this is no way to run a "premiere" resort. Overall, its a beautiful location but the staff needs some training in quality customer service and the owners and general manager better re-think their policies!

1  Thank lynnmark1208
Reviewed 23 June 2011

We have been here before a few years ago - Let me just tell you that they have made so many improvements and lots of updates. We had a King Room in the Tower (connected to the Lodge) and the room was great & newly renovated. We spent a lot of time at the pool and it was really nice too. They have a pool bar & serve lunch items. There is usually live music poolside on the weekends. We took a chairlift ride to the top of the mountain - then we walked around at the top of the mountain for a little while and then took the alpine slide ride back down - so fun - even for Adults. They have lots of little shops, a beauty salon (they also have a spa located beside the hotel) pizza shop, coffee pastry shop, dessert shop, arcade, bowling alley, mini golf... And outside they have a pool, hot tubs, tennis courts, little playground, rock climbing wall, jumping things for the kids,.... tons of stuff. They also do Segway tours & ATV Tours, Horse Rides & a Downhill Mountain Bike course (it looked really cool). We were only there for one night so I didn't get to do half of all the things that they offered - You can actually get a wristband for one price & it includes a lot of things for one price.
We ate pizza while we were there and it was really good. We also went to the coffee shop and they serve Starbucks which was great. For dinner we went to the Slopeside Buffet which was about $30 and was really good - especially the desserts (make sure you get a window seat) All in all I was impressed with the improvements that have been made & we will stay there again.

Room Tip: King Room Slopeside - Newly remodled w Balcony
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 June 2011

The Seven Springs Mountain Resort fancies itself as a premier vacation destination, but comes up short in several areas. The staff was uninformed and less than helpful on many occasions, not rude, just ignorant. The accommodations were comfortable but worn and in need of a serious renovation. There is a lot to do on the property, but there is a charge for nearly everything e.g. $10 for half and hour in the the jacuzzi, $8 per ride on the alpine slide. All in all with a few tweaks, Seven Springs could be a great place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank unstable_table
Also consider these accommodations in or near Champion
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Donegal
Holiday Inn Express Somerset
Hampton Inn Greensburg
Hampton Inn Greensburg
#1 of 10 in Greensburg

Been to Seven Springs Mountain Resort? Share your experiences!