“Great steaks, wonderful service”
Review of Maples

Maples
Ranked #3 of 27 Restaurants in Charleroi
Reviewed 30 December 2011

My husband and I decided to try Maples, having heard about it from friends who really enjoyed it. Our steaks were the best we have ever had, juicy and perfectly cooked. They came with a large baked potato, a very good salad and rolls. While a bit pricey, it was really worth it for what we received. The service is the best, the co-owners are chef and waitress and it is obvious how much they care.

2  Thank TravelloverMPS

Reviewed 18 March 2009

Steaks are excellent, but expensive. My husband and I waited 2 hours and the table of 6 next to us waited 3 hours. How long does it take to cook a steak anyway? There were only 17 people including us the whole time we were there. Empty tables were NEVER cleaned off. Waitress never apologized or explained the long wait. She carried dishes out 1 at a time. By the time the last person at a table got served, the other guests were finished. I went back to the kitchen area to tell the waitress to get our bill for our drinks and salads because we couldn't wait any longer, and she curtly replied that it was St Patrick's Day and the seating was by reservation only???.....I didn't bother to tell her that there were only 17 people there the whole time and lots of empty tables. The chef immediately carried our steaks out and at least he apologized. The waitress gave us our bill and never spoke to us. We won't ever go back and won't recommend this place to anyone. It's a shame, because the food was good, although VERY pricey. Unless you want to waste an entire evening and be ignored, don't bother going here.

6  Thank LindaRTT