“wasn't the greatest”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Chester
kuna
“wasn't the greatest”
Reviewed 25 March 2006

It is indeed in a scary neighborhood; the lot was full of cops because of some incident that had happened. The room itself was ok but had an odd baby powder smell to it. Free wifi. They bill it as being near the airport but it's not really, though flight attendants stay here. I called for a shuttle and was told it would take 45 minutes. Good diner.

• Stayed March 2006
3 Thank slfisher

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Reviewed 2 March 2006

Came here on our way to Florida,stayed one night and took shuttle to airport ,left car for 8 nights. Had booked online. Hotel not too clean, but didnt seem that bad. Staff rude, when returned they didnt subtract deposit. Finally did when i asked for them to write it on my reciept so i could complain to internet booking. Went to check on car, parked to the left of front entrance, it was broken into. I had left nothing in it to steal, so mostly dammage, window frame and glove compartment pried. Police said bad neighbourhood. I had parked next to front door to avoid parking across street in overflow lot, i was amazed it was still not safe.

Stayed March 2006
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 19 October 2005

During my approach to this hotel, I was encountered by thugs who banged at my car window and scared my family so much that we did not stay there. Hotel management did not return my guarantedd rate . The hotel is in a ghetto area and very frightening and unsafe. I would not recommend anyone stay at the hotel for this reason.

Stayed July 2005
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Pittsburgh, Pa.
Reviewed 26 August 2005

The Days Inn Chester offers a good deal if you have an early flight and prefer not to fight the Philly traffic. You get a room for the night plus seven days parking for one car for about $100, and free shuttle service to and from the airport.
Don't expect much more than that. The hotel is a bit down at the heels, and Chester is a lot down at the heels. There is a diner adjacent to the hotel, but it was closed at night, and there were no other eating options that I could see nearby; the hotel passed out flyers with the number/menu of a delivery service.
I called the hotel directly to book our night. My friend and I were traveling together, but we each had our own cars, as she was planning to stay in Los Angeles a few days longer than I was. I explained the situation when I booked, and he said it would be an extra $4 for each additional day past seven, and each additional car.
Even with that, our bill still came to $117, all included, which was not much more than we would have paid to park two cars in the cheapest shuttle lot. In a Yahoo search, I did not find any cheaper hotels in the Philly airport area.
When I arrived at the hotel, the desk person balked a little, and said, well, you're really not supposed to have two cars. I said that I had explained this when I booked, and was only told that I would have to pay an extra charge, which we were willing to pay.
He didn't fight me on it. So if you are taking more than one car or staying longer than seven days, make sure they understand that when you book.
Also, as of this writing, late August 2005, there is nightly construction on I-476, a major route to I-95 and Chester. You could see major delays.

2 Thank Penzgirl
Reviewed 8 August 2005

Dirty Pillowcase
Dirty Room
Bugs
Rude Staff
and did i mention BUGS!!!!

There is something that is said for a hotel that you have to be buzzed into. The Neighborhood is not safe, do not go out in night.

• Stayed August 2005
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 20 July 2005

I had a confirmed room to be checked into on 7-6-2005, the desk clerk immediatly told me that there was a charge of 4.00 per night for parking, I stated parking was included in room rate per days Inn website. he told me the Website was wrong, I had planned to leave my car there for 6 days. I was flying out the next morning at 6:15. I had worked all day, was tired and finally agreed to pay additional cost but stated that I would raise my concerns to Days Inn headquarters. Desk clerk then denied me a room, he said complain now, or I will not give you a room, I said. I'd complain when I saw fit. Manager and desk clerk both denied me a room that I had confirmed on 6-30-2005.

• Stayed July 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 14 July 2005

This was one of the worst places I have ever stayed in my life. If I had a choice, I would have much rather slept in my car. The bathrooms where DIRTY, the room SMELLED like mildew, RUST around the shower, the AC LEAKED all over the floor, and the staff is RUDE. I wouldn't recommend this place to my worst enemy. All I can say is, where is a Health Inspector when you need one!!!

• Stayed July 2005
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chester
Best Western Plus Philadelphia Airport South at Widener University
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Philadelphia Airport Ridley
Wyndham Garden Philadelphia Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Philadelphia Airport
Days Inn Springfield/Phil. Intl Airport
Days Inn Springfield/Phil. Intl ...
#1 of 2 in Springfield - Delaware County
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Airport/Ridley Park

Been to Days Inn Chester Philadelphia Airport? Share your experiences!