“Wonderful, relaxing cottage stay”

Hamanassett Bed & Breakfast
Reviewed 12 September 2013

As a couple who are always on the lookout for a new pet friendly B&B, the meadow cottage at the Hamanassett fulfilled all of our needs and then some. We loved the roomy and well appointed accommodations which also included a fenced in yard and a BBQ. It was very relaxing to sit on the porch swing and watch the horses in the meadow (when we weren't busy feeding them).
Our hosts, Glenn and Ashley, were great as was the entire staff who went out of their way to assure that we enjoyed our stay. The ample and creative gourmet breakfasts, which were served both inside the inn as well as Al Fresco style, were served in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere. I thoroughly enjoyed my glass of port wine each afternoon up in the main house and I hope to find someone to join me in a game of billiards there during our next stay.
We hope to return to the Hamanassett B&B again soon to enjoy Glenn and Ashley's hospitality. Thanks for a wonderful get-away! Jim, Gaby and Seneca

Reviewed 8 September 2013

My husband and I wanted to take our mothers, who are both nearing 90, for a special weekend getaway. When I called to make reservations, Glen suggested we consider the Inn's Meadow Cottage for the four of us and it was just perfect. The two bedroom cottage, with a petite living room and ample kitchen and dining area, was ideal for staying in on the evening we were too tired to go out. For breakfasts, we joined the other guests in the Manor House for a delicious meal served with gracious hospitality. Glen, Ashley and the staff were so welcoming and my mother, a former antiques dealer, thoroughly enjoyed the time they took each morning to show her around the house and discuss the pedigree of their many beautiful furnishings. They could not have been more engaging or helpful. We will definitely return to the Hamanassett B&B!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 August 2013

We really enjoyed our stay in the VERY LARGE Inverness Room. The king bed had put us right to sleep and getting in late in the evening was easy. The new shower in the renovated bath was perfect for this shower lover. Ashley, the Innkeeper, was probably surprised to see me up early in the morning enjoying the fountain, fish pond, rockers and the three horses who hung over the fence like a painting. The Baked Herb Egg Breakfast was great--IF you can get me to eat asparagus and tomatoes your are a GREAT chef--and I ate up! My only regret is that we were beginning our vacation and didn't have more hours or days to spend enjoying the inn. It felt like we were off in our own little world, not near all the sights like Longwood Gardens and the wineries.

Room Tip: The Inverness is huge! Space to spread out, Some windows provide a sunny morning view. Bonus is the...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Madamqueen, Owner at Hamanassett Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

We are so glad you enjoyed your visit with us. Yes, we are quiet and pastoral but really we aren't that far from the main Brandywine Valley attractions. The Brandywine River Museum is a short 6 mile drive from our bed and breakfast and Longwood Gardens is only 10 miles. While not the closest in the area we also aren't on major highways with their accompanying noise. We hope you'll return and visit more of our special attractions.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

My husband brought me here for my 40th birthday. The accommodations are gorgeous and the breakfasts are scrumptious. I love horses and enjoyed feeding treats to the two horses and pony which reside there. I appreciate attention to detail, and the host and hostess definitely do that from the superb decor of the house to the complimentary cookies and wine available to guests! I can't find one negative thing to say about our stay.

Reviewed 11 August 2013

We arrived home a few minutes ago to our home in the New York City area after having spent our second weekend this year at Hamansett B&B. It is a lovely place with gracious and professional hosts. We especially enjoyed walking around the grounds, and visited the two horses and a pony who reside in the corral and barn adjacent to the main house(Scout, Ariel and Daisy). We fed them treats(available from a bottle in the entrance hall),and were the recipients of lots of horse affection. The grounds are beautiful and peaceful, the breakfasts were excellent, and we will go there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Madamqueen, Owner at Hamanassett Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2013

I'm so pleased you enjoyed Hamanassett so much you returned. We truly enjoy seeing our guests over and over. The horses are very spoiled by the treats our guests give them. They will be waiting for you next time you visit the Brandywine Valley.

Reviewed 2 August 2013

My partner and I were part of a wedding party that took over the whole B&B for two nights. What a fantastic place! It felt like staying in a beautiful country estate. The general ambience, the rooms, the grounds, the special amenities like fresh baked cookies and port and sherry, the gracious staff, and the sumptuous breakfasts (pecan-bourban maple syrup!) made it all truly special. Sitting at the elegantly set dining room table I felt like I was visiting an American turn of the century Downton Abbey. I hope to return and explore the grounds, or take one of their themed cooking courses like the final, multi-course, first class dinner served on the Titanic!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at Hamanassett Bed & Breakfast. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you'll come back when the two of you can enjoy all the attractions that the Brandywine Valley has to offer.

Reviewed 24 July 2013

Beautiful place to stay in a great location. We went to the area to see Longwood Gardens, Chanticleer, and Winterthur, and this was a great central location for all. Beautiful property, charming hosts, lovely breakfast. Lots of restaurants and attractions in the area. Nice quiet location, but close enough to highways. Love the horses and lawn chess set!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Staybridge Suites Wilmington - Brandywine Valley
Hampton Inn & Suites Chadds Ford
Inn at Mendenhall, an Ascend Collection Hotel
Wyndham Garden Glen Mills Wilmington

Been to Hamanassett Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!