“Perfect weekend in every way”

Hamanassett Bed & Breakfast
Etters, Pennsylvania
“Perfect weekend in every way”
Reviewed 20 January 2014

My husband and I just returned from two nights at Hamanassett in Delaware County, and we had a most perfect weekend. From our cozy and luxurious room and bath, to the delicious chocolate chip cookies (in a crystal jar no less), it was everything we could have asked for. The breakfast was beyond compare, elegant in every way. The hosts are just lovely people and clearly take a lot of joy in caring for their guests. A couple of tips for future guests: 1) Definitely use the directions they provide (not a GPS); 2) Talk to them about your plans for attractions; 3) Spend some time driving around the area. Once off the major roadways, you can drive for miles and see wonderful farms and gorgeous homes. The area is beyond quiet. We truly felt as though we were the only ones staying there until other couples appeared for breakfast. All in all, a most wonderful, perfect weekend in the Brandywine Valley countryside.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Hamanassett is our favorite place to go during the holiday season, especially because it is pet friendly! In fact this year our trip was one we'll never forget, my boyfriend proposed! Ashley and Glen captured this very special moment for us. This was our second trip and will continue to be a tradition every year!

Some other amazing things about this B&B: The breakfast is phenomenal - my mouth waters every time I think about it. Our pup had a wonderful time cuddling up to the fireplace and playing with the horses. The detailed holiday decorations make for wonderful photos.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 29 December 2013

This was my first time staying at a B&B. I loved it. Ashley and Glen were welcoming and the breakfast was wonderful. The house was quiet and relaxing, also enjoyed the Christmas decorations. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed December 2013
Beverly Hills, California
Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed in the Devon suite on the third floor in November of 2013. Lovely room, the furniture had character. The bed was soft but squeaky. The bathroom was large. Shower was interesting. Took a while to get hot and the jets were pretty intense. My only complaint and it is a small one. To quote my companion, "I like nothing at all about that shower!" Having said that, everything else was wonderful. Glen and Ashley are lovely hosts. They made us feel welcome. The breakfasts were delicious. The walnut chocolate chip cookies that were put out to snack on were heavenly. Glen suggested some fine places to eat and was very knowledgable about the area. Ashley was the bubbly personable cook. Both owners take pride in their inn and it shows.
There is a lovely old piano on the first floor. I played it for a while and it was in tune. The weather was very chilly so we didn't get to venture out to feed the horses. The Koi were about to go into hibernation but some were swimming slowly. Watch out for deer when you enter the property at night!
If you can, try to get out to Longwood Gardens about 40 minutes away or less depending on traffic.
We stayed for two days and wished it was longer. I would recommend this inn If you want service, quiet, and something quaint.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Springfield - Delaware County, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 21 December 2013

My stay at the HBB,

Was excellent my husband and I went there to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary 11/15/2013, when we first arrived, we were greeted with a warm welcoming letter, wine and homemade cc cookies that were so delicious an easy written guide to maneuver around the mansion. During our 2 day stay at the HBB the staff was great, kind & very, very friendly as well as the other house guest. The rooms were exactly as they are advertised on their website, the food is awesome, fresh and prepared daily and tailored to your dietary needs in advanced, Glen & Ashley the owner's of the HBB are very hands on with their guest and will help you plan your outing during the day as well as provide activities to attend in the surrounding area. Will definitely be going back in the near future.

You will not be disappointed, not to mention they cater to people with pets and children and the beds are very comfortable I wanted to take the whole bed with me when it was time to leave (slept well)

BTW: Please Follow The Directions On Their Website or You Will Get Lost As We Did (LOL) We didn't follow instructions, Your GPS Will Take You Off Route

Thank You Ashley & Glen for making our anniversary well worth the weekend we had an awesome time and your hospitality deserves a Super 10 and your food is off the charts excellent across the board

Deborah (Springfield, Pa)

Room Tip: Book your room well in advance they go quickly, I chose a room didn't book it and 2 days later t...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Carlisle, Massachusetts
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Located just off Route 1 (Baltimore Pike) and within easy driving distance to Chadds Ford, Longwood, and other Chester County and Delaware County sites, the Hamanassett has everything one needs for a rewarding stay. Glenn and Ashley are serious innkeepers. By serious I don't mean stodgy: they have thrown themselves into their establishment and have taken extraordinary care to make sure the rooms are beautiful and well-equipped, the breakfast is creative and abundant, and the public spaces gracious and welcoming. The grounds are extensive and include a walking trail. Though only about a half mile from the highway, the inn is quite peaceful. It's the kind of inn you wish you could spend more time at, instead of running around to all those places that brought you there in the first place. But if you need to know anything those places, Glenn and Ashley have it at hand, from sites to restaurants and even to the city of Philadelphia 35 minutes away (not at rush hour!). We highly recommend the Hamanassett.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Garfield, New Jersey
Reviewed 27 November 2013

My husband and I booked a room last-minute for our anniversary a few weeks ago. I'm so happy they had a room available, because this place was wonderful. The house is adorable, very clean and inviting; our room was the same. The owners were so relaxed and friendly, and so happy to answer any questions we had about restaurants and things to do nearby. After we checked in we settled in front of the fireplace with herbal tea and homemeade cookies that were waiting in a glass cookie jar by our door. And breakfast was unbelievable- 3 courses, all gourmet dishes, were served to us while we chatted with the other guests at the dining room table- we felt like we were at a holiday breakfast with old friends. We will definitely be back and stay more than just one night- thank you for a much-needed night away!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Hampton Inn & Suites Chadds Ford
Staybridge Suites Wilmington - Brandywine Valley
Residence Inn Philadelphia Glen Mills/Concordville
Wyndham Garden Glen Mills Wilmington

Been to Hamanassett Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!