“10 Years of Relationship Rejuvenation”

Hamanassett Bed & Breakfast
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“10 Years of Relationship Rejuvenation”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

One fall day 10 years ago I searched out the perfect, most romantic B&B in Pennsylvania knowing that I would propose to my girlfriend there. Even back then Hamanassett was renowned for its amorous magic and the only best choice.

In an industry known for inconsistency, Hamanassatt has been much like the fruit of PA wine country; it has only gotten better. The old world charm of England remains but alongside modern technology and 5 star hotel comfort. Like fine wine with a meal, the classic beauty of the home pairs with the fine attention of Ashley and Glen Mon and the staff, to provide a delightful and restorative experience.

A decade ago my wife and I sought only romance at Hamanassett, but every year since we return not only for romance but rejuvenation. We have never been disappointed.

Room Tip: I didn't rate the pool because there isn't one, but that's no downside to us! Any room i...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Madamqueen, Owner at Hamanassett Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
We've loved having you visit us every year. We've enjoyed your annual Christmas card allowing us to watch your beautiful little girl grow up. We almost feel like we have a grand daughter!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed 25 March 2014

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay last weekend at Hamanassett B&B. What a totally enchanting and relaxing experience. Glen and Ashley are gracious and thoughtful innkeepers and their place is obviously run with attention to all the details that make a visit memorable. This is the second time we have stayed at Hamanassett B&B and I am already planning our next return visit to enjoy some more of what this beautiful area has to offer. I recommend this B&B to anyone that could use a little pit stop from the rat race and would like to stay in a place with real charm and gentility! There are some really great restaurants nearby, too.

Ventnor, Australia
Reviewed 24 March 2014

For my 29th Birthday my boyfriend booked us a room at Hamanassett. I was excited but had no idea how great of a getaway this would be.

After speaking to Glen on the phone he seemed equally as excited about meeting our dog was he was about meeting us. His hospitality shined from the moment he answered the phone and grew by the minute!

The spectacularly decorated home is set on a gorgeous property complete with friendly horses who we very much enjoyed. Our room was dog friendly, spotless and spacious, yet cozy.

After a five star dinner at Dillworthtown Inn we returned to Hamanassett and found ourselves in the library sipping complimentary port wine and playing one of the many antique games which are displayed throughout the room. The following morning we were greated with Ashley and Glens smiling faces and an incredible breakfast prepared by Ashley, complete with enjoyable conversation. The dining room is my favorite room in the house, simply stunning!

Overall, I would recommend Hamanassett to anyone and everyone. Whether you're a couple looking for a romantic getaway or a group of girlfriends, you cannot go wrong with Hamanassett! It is truly an experience and one we will cherish forever. Can't wait to return!!

• Stayed March 2014
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 20 March 2014

My husband wanted to take me to Longwood Gardens, and he found Hamanassett on the web. And, I am so glad he did. We stayed in the Carriage House which is a house a stone's throw from the main house. (The Carriage House is complete with fenced yard and fine food dishes for your dogs ... we didn't bring ours, but we could have done so.) Glenn and Ashley really want to take care of you. The wanted to know what we would drink with breakfast so they could be sure to have it on hand. Neither of us drinks coffee, so they were more than happy to have decaf Earl Gray for me and hot chocolate for my husband. Breakfasts were divine. It was fun to have a chance to offer the horses some treats (provided by Ashley & Glenn). My husband had arranged to have champagne, chocolates, and roses waiting (including rose petals on the bed). They were ready for us even though we got there earlier than expected. (The rose petals were actually fake, but I think that's even better because they didn't wilt after being beautifully placed one by one ... not merely tossed. The roses were real and lovely.) The tub in the bathroom was great. I think I soaked for an hour the first day (maybe less the second and third). I liked the rubber ducky that was there to soak with me if I wished.

Ashley and Glenn had great suggestions for things to do, and Glenn was happy to tell us all about the history of the place. You should ask to see the big music box. (It's really far more than a music box, but I can't remember what it's called. It has different tunes punched on metal discs, so they can be changed.)

I highly recommend the Hamanassett. If you need to stay longer, the Carriage House would be great. There's a kitchen complete with everything you need, so you wouldn't have to eat out every meal. (And you could bring your canine family members, too.)

Room Tip: The Carriage House is great.
Bronx, New York
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I always dreamt of going to a bed and breakfast and thought it would be super romantic.. Words can't describe what my significant other and I felt as we entered the estate. The house was beyond breath taking. The pictures on the website don't do any justice to the real thing. We were greeted with open arms by Glenn and Ashley and given a tour of the house. Upon entering our room we felt a sense of peace and serenity. Couldn't have felt more relaxed and at home. Breakfast was fantastic and the conversation amongst the other guest was very natural. Everything was beyond our expectations so much we paid to stay an extra night. To have Hamanassett to be our first bed and breakfast , it left an everlasting impression. I would recommend this peace of heaven on earth to any and everyone wanting to get away from life's fuss. I have a new found appreciate for the words get away .. To a beautiful new beginning and manny more to come.. Cheers to you Glenn, Ashley and all who made our stay comfortable!!! Book your rooms viewers, what are you waiting for?

Room Tip: You won't lose either way, the rooms are all unique and equally beautiful !!!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Madamqueen, Owner at Hamanassett Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 16 March 2014
I'm so pleased you chose Hamanassett for your first bed and breakfast experience. We always say bed and breakfasts really are a better way to stay and your review certainly gives credence to that. We'll look forward to seeing you in the near future.
Wind Gap, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 March 2014

My wife and I were looking for a quick getaway to break up the winter doldrums. We searched out Hamanassett with our expectations met in every venue. The B and B is a great historic house with great warmth provided by Innkeepers Ashley and Glenn. It is beautifully decorated in a very comfortable English motif with beautiful antiques and accents. The rooms are spacious and immaculate with all the room amenities which would be expected from a fine establishment. From a food perspective we were provided an exceptional breakfast with the centerpiece being a fresh product salmon cake. In short it was a wonderful breakfast dinning experience. Lastly, Ashley and Glenn are very interesting and gracious hosts. Clearly, this was a great choice for our getaway. It is within close proximity to a number of interesting attractions and served as soothing retreat at days end. Will be returning to experience their French county cooking school.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Madamqueen, Owner at Hamanassett Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
We are so pleased that you enjoyed your visit to Hamanassett and found our hospitality and accommodations welcoming. We love providing our guests with excellent and unique breakfast cuisine in a casually elegant setting. We look forward to your return visit for one of our cooking classes and you might also want to take in the Costumes of Downton Abbey exhibit at Winterthur which runs through January while you're in our beautiful Brandywine Valley.
Hamburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 February 2014

My husband and I celebrated our 23rd Wedding Anniversary at the Hamanassett Bed & Breakfast. It was a very relaxing and breathtaking experience for both of us. We were greeted very warmly by Glenn. He took us through the "common" rooms that were ours to use during our stay. We were impressed by the pool room and the living room area with the "baby grand piano". The enclosed “sun-room” was very relaxing and warm with the two faux fire-places that kept it warm. The daily/freshly made cookies were delicious too. The second floor pantry had anything you needed from water, soda, chips, crackers, raisins, coffee or tea. We even had time before breakfast to feed the two horses and their pony. At breakfast we were greeted by candlelight and fine china. The egg soufflé, hash browns, bacon and fresh croissants were delicious. Our first course was a warm baked apple floating in cream and a slice of warm fruit/nut bread. Speaking with the Innkeepers was a delight. We got to know both of them a little better and the history behind their passion today of owning this exceptional bed and breakfast. If you are ever in the West Chester, Neumann College area, or even from a distance like we were, you will not be disappointed with this establishment. It was well worth the drive.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Inverness Suite. It was very quite and very roomy. Large walk in shower and nice...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Madamqueen, Owner at Hamanassett Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
So happy we could help make your 23rd anniversary special. We enjoyed having you visit. Now that you've found us, I hope it won't be another 23 years before you return.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chester Heights
Best Western Plus Concordville Hotel
Staybridge Suites Wilmington - Brandywine Valley
Residence Inn Philadelphia Glen Mills/Concordville
Wyndham Garden Glen Mills Wilmington

Been to Hamanassett Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!