Hamanassett Bed & Breakfast
Travelocity
US$146
US$139
Hotels.com
Best Western Plus Concordville Hotel(Glen Mills)(Great Value!)
US$120
BestWestern.com
US$78
QualityInn
US$134
US$127
Hampton.com
US$116
Brinton Hotel(West Chester)(Great Value!)
US$102
Sentinel Motel(West Chester)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$74
US$119
Hotels.com
All reviewsbrandywine valleyb blongwood gardenskoi pondthe main housegracious hostsfresh baked cookiesliving roomother guestsselect registryfront porcheach morningbreakfast was deliciousromantic getawaylocal attractionsfantastic stayport wine
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 October 2006

We stayed here the last weekend in July and absolutely loved it. It was our first stay in a B&B and definitely won't be our last. The room was gorgeous; the bed was the most comfortable we have ever slept in; and the breakfast was just incredible. Ashley made our stay all the more enjoyable.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank kathr58
Reviewed 8 October 2006

Well, unfortunately it has been more than a year since we stayed at The Hamanassett but I was not going to forget to give this review. I have kept this address in my email to ensure I did it the review at some point. My boyfriend and I decided to bring my mother away for a weekend since she is battling a lung disease and has had a very difficult year with an uphill battle ahead of her. By just driving up the driveway and seeing the house I think we all took a deep breath and relaxed instantly. The Innkeeper, Ashley welcomed us so cheerfully and the home inside was so warm and inviting. We immediately felt at home when we met her two dogs and got to know them better while sitting and enjoying fresh lemonade. Our rooms were beautiful and well appointed with all the right touches. Ashley had recommended one for my Mother that would be easier with her limitations and it was just perfect. Our room was very large and we were so comfortable watching football lounging on the loveseat and king bed. The next morning, after feeding the horses some peaches, we enjoyed a delicious breakfast in the dining room fit for royalty. The Hamanassett is a perfect balance of elegance and comfort. Most importantly, my Mother enjoyed it and we are looking forward to bringing her back when she is on the road to recovery!!

• Stayed: September 2005, travelled as a couple
1  Thank novacations
Reviewed 25 September 2006

My seven-months pregnant wife needed a getaway from the city scene and wanted visit Longwood Garden that she heard so much about. After doing my due diligence on the Internet, I decided to stay at Hamanassett Bed and Breakfast for a couple of days because of the reviews that I read from this site.

From the moment of our arrival, Ashley exuded great warmth and showed genuine hospitality. She kindly answered all our questions about the towns nearby and the activities that we could do. We stayed on the third floor Room #5 . The room was absolutely beautiful and we felt a sense of serenity.

Next morning, the breakfast that she prepared was really delicious but my wife could not eat much because she was having hard time digesting butter and cheese. Ashley was really concerned and asked me what she can cook for my wife the next day and I simply told her that anyting without cheese and butter will do. Much to our surprise, she had cooked up something really special and we were truly touched.

We could not say goodbye to her because she had an early doctor's appointment. Ashley, I am hopeful that all is well with your health. Look forward to seeing you in the near future.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank johny714
Reviewed 11 September 2006

My Husband and I stayed at the Hamanassett B&B for a weekend while attending a wedding at another B&B. The Hamanassett is beautiful and cozy. We always felt at home and comfortable to enjoy all areas of the house. Every amenity is provided in the guest rooms and more. Every morning we recieved a gourmet breakfast with outstanding treatment. Nothing was forgotten!!! We highly recommend staying at the Hamanassett and can not wait until we can stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cajerp76
Reviewed 9 September 2006

One reviewer had said that they felt like they were saying "good bye" to good friends when they left the Hamanassett. I was skeptical, but everything I read told me this was where we were to stay. When we started down the drive to the airport I realized that they were right... I was feeling that I was saying "good bye" to good friends! Don't ask me how that happens in just a few short days but Glen and Ashley certainly had that affect on us too. There were many wonderful surprises during our stay... our room was very spacious and beautifully appointed, the breakfasts were some of the best I have ever had...and we travel all over the world and stay in exquisite places. The home is filled with Ashley's antiques and everywhere you look there is something beautiful to see. We especially enjoyed the port before we retired. You won't be disappointed and you might even make new friends!

Stayed: September 2006