“Best of the Best”

Hamanassett Bed & Breakfast
State College
“Best of the Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2006

An exceptional place to stay. Attention to detail is above and beyond almost any B & B and certainly beyond any normal hotel lodging.

It is readily apparent that Ashley and Glenn have put their heart and soul into this wonderful property.

Their hospitality is really special - if you value top-of -the-line type of places to stay, you will not be disappointed at the Hamanassett.

Dennis & Karen Zwigart

• Liked — Attention to detail
  • Disliked — A little hard to find
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't miss this place.
  • Stayed November 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Sonoma County, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2006

Everything about our stay was perfect. Ashley, the inn keeper, upgraded us to the beautiful Windsor room. The setting and all the extra "touches" were wonderful - from fresh homemade cookies to the interior of the house. (And Brandy and Gumbo the resident dogs were a delight!!)

The breakfast was superb. My husband and I are both vegetarians, so sometimes our choices are limited when we travel. But not here!! (I still have fond memories of the dill sauce and the poached pear.. yum!!)

Thanks Ashley for making our stay so special!! I know we'll see you again.

Leah and Steve from Sonoma County, CA

• Liked — The setting , the ambiance, the dogs, the breakfast, the room, our hostess - it was all great
  • Disliked — Wish I had more time
  • Tips/Secrets — Yes - there's lots to do in the area, but make sure to spend time just hanging out here.
CT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2006

My husband and I met old friends at the Hamanasset B&B for a long weekend. We stayed in the carriage house - for 2 couples, it was perfect. A short walk from the main house for breakfasts (excellent - the poached pear was amazingly tasty) and for warm cookies in the evening, the carriage house still gave us tons of privacy to visit with each other.

The owers are very pleasant and helped us identify activities we'd enjoy (we went to Winterthur - my husband thought it would be boring, but we spent 5 hours there and could have stayed much longer). Plus - they sent us to Media for dinner -very close and many choices for dining (including some vegan for my husband).

We enjoyed petting the horses and dogs, but if you're not animal lovers you could never see the animals and it'd be fine.

Only downside - it might be hard to find in the dark on your first trip, but that is part of what makes it so pleasant once you're there.
We'd definitely go again.

• Liked — Relaxing scenery
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Tips/Secrets — carriage house is great for 2 couples
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled with friends
1 Thank EngineerBeth
Long Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2006

We stayed here the last weekend in July and absolutely loved it. It was our first stay in a B&B and definitely won't be our last. The room was gorgeous; the bed was the most comfortable we have ever slept in; and the breakfast was just incredible. Ashley made our stay all the more enjoyable.

• Stayed July 2006, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kathr58
Shrewsbury, NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2006

Well, unfortunately it has been more than a year since we stayed at The Hamanassett but I was not going to forget to give this review. I have kept this address in my email to ensure I did it the review at some point. My boyfriend and I decided to bring my mother away for a weekend since she is battling a lung disease and has had a very difficult year with an uphill battle ahead of her. By just driving up the driveway and seeing the house I think we all took a deep breath and relaxed instantly. The Innkeeper, Ashley welcomed us so cheerfully and the home inside was so warm and inviting. We immediately felt at home when we met her two dogs and got to know them better while sitting and enjoying fresh lemonade. Our rooms were beautiful and well appointed with all the right touches. Ashley had recommended one for my Mother that would be easier with her limitations and it was just perfect. Our room was very large and we were so comfortable watching football lounging on the loveseat and king bed. The next morning, after feeding the horses some peaches, we enjoyed a delicious breakfast in the dining room fit for royalty. The Hamanassett is a perfect balance of elegance and comfort. Most importantly, my Mother enjoyed it and we are looking forward to bringing her back when she is on the road to recovery!!

• Liked — Comfort
  • Disliked — Location
  • Stayed September 2005, travelled as a couple
1 Thank novacations
Norwood, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2006

My seven-months pregnant wife needed a getaway from the city scene and wanted visit Longwood Garden that she heard so much about. After doing my due diligence on the Internet, I decided to stay at Hamanassett Bed and Breakfast for a couple of days because of the reviews that I read from this site.

From the moment of our arrival, Ashley exuded great warmth and showed genuine hospitality. She kindly answered all our questions about the towns nearby and the activities that we could do. We stayed on the third floor Room #5 . The room was absolutely beautiful and we felt a sense of serenity.

Next morning, the breakfast that she prepared was really delicious but my wife could not eat much because she was having hard time digesting butter and cheese. Ashley was really concerned and asked me what she can cook for my wife the next day and I simply told her that anyting without cheese and butter will do. Much to our surprise, she had cooked up something really special and we were truly touched.

We could not say goodbye to her because she had an early doctor's appointment. Ashley, I am hopeful that all is well with your health. Look forward to seeing you in the near future.

1 Thank johny714
Atlantic City, NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2006

My Husband and I stayed at the Hamanassett B&B for a weekend while attending a wedding at another B&B. The Hamanassett is beautiful and cozy. We always felt at home and comfortable to enjoy all areas of the house. Every amenity is provided in the guest rooms and more. Every morning we recieved a gourmet breakfast with outstanding treatment. Nothing was forgotten!!! We highly recommend staying at the Hamanassett and can not wait until we can stay there again.

• Liked — The roomy bathroom.
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay longer than a weekend!
1 Thank Cajerp76
Wyndham Garden Glen Mills Wilmington
Hilton Garden Inn Kennett Square
Hilton Garden Inn Kennett Square
#1 of 2 in Kennett Square

Been to Hamanassett Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!