“Nothing could be finer...”

Hamanassett Bed & Breakfast
Reviewed 2 August 2007

My boyfriend and I were looking for a nice place to getaway last minute and found this wonderful little bed and breakfast. Luckily, a room was available mid-week when we needed it, and we made the 2.5 hr drive from Manhattan.
We felt welcome as soon as we got there. The first evening, we asked for a restaurant recommendation--the recommendation was great and Ashley even made the reservation for us. The second evening, we were inclined to stay in and sit in the gardens and have dinner by ourselves--Ashley again made the perfect recommendation (to Trader Joe's!) and we were able to sit by candlelight on the patio with the fountain and watch the sunset.
The breakfasts were superb, and Ashley knew exactly when we'd like privacy and when we were curious to learn more about her property and our hostess.
I would stay here again in a second! It was absolutely the best and most beautifully appointed bed and breakfast I've ever stayed in. Can't wait to return and learn how to play cribbage! Wish I could afford to return once per month!

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 26 July 2007

Hamanassett is a great Bed and Breakfast filled with antiques and southern hospitality and charm. It is a nestled into a new housing complex at the top of a hill overlooking a horse pasture.

Upon entry to the address, my wife and I were thinking "is this really the right place?" due to the new houses that you drive past up the hill, but when we finally viewed the house, we were pleased in all respects. There is a beautiful fountain and koi pond in the front yard which is a tranquil place to sit and enjoy the afternoon.

The innkeepers were some of the nicest and most accommodating people that we have met in our travels and their knowledge of the area and local interest points were of great assistance in planning our "to do list".

The breakfasts are so delicious that I even took a recipe home with me.

Overall this is a beautiful place to stay...but be forewarned follow the directions given by the innkeepers as map-quest and google-maps don't have the new development mapped and WILL get you lost.

I would stay at this B & B again and recommend it to others. The value of the our stay was priceless.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2007

I am a frequent business traveler with all the usual airline and hotel rewards programs. I needed a break. I looked up B&B's on a B&B search engine and found Ashley and Glen's Hamanassett. I am sure glad I did.

I found that victorian charm and hospitality over flow there. From the clean, extraordinarily comfy beds, the wonderfuly cared for antiques, the quiet countryside and the delicious breakfasts Hamanassett and its proprietors made me feel right at home.
As a result I have become a frequent guest and whole heartedly recommend Hamanassett.

Safe and smooth travels everyone!

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 July 2007

My husband & I stayed at Hamanassett in June for 2 nights. We had a great stay in the Inverness Suite. All of the rooms are very quiet & private. The Windsor Suite, directly across from the guest pantry may have more traffic by it. Ashley & Glenn really extend themselves for their guests with a high level of service & a wonderful breakfast dining experience. Both days, we met nice couples that we sat with & enjoyed conversing with. We were so fortunate that while we were there, the weather was cooler, upper 70's during the day, low humidity & great for touring Longwood Gardens! We had a really nice lunch at the Terrace Restaurant at Longwood (ask to be seated on the outside patio in nice weather!) & an excellent meal at the Dillworthtown Inn to celebrate our anniversary. The food was great, service was excellent!

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 June 2007

I vacationed to see Philadelphia and visit some friends in Media, PA. I stayed at Hamanassett bed and breakfast for four nights. The place is great. It had great food and a very relaxed environment for reading books. I particularly liked the croissant french toast and cinnamon waffle breakfasts, both with a pecan maple syrup.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 May 2007

My partner and I just returned from a delightful weekend at the Hamanassett B&B. Our room was large and comfortable, and breakfasts were truly an event! We loved the fresh chocolate chip cookies and lemonade in the afternoon, and port in the library after dinner. Ashley and Glenn were superb hosts who made us feel welcome from the moment we walked through the door. Thanks for a great, restful weekend!

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 May 2007

My husband and I recently stayed here and were very pleased. Ashley is terrific and will see to your every need. Our room was lovely and very clean. We happened to mention that it was a bit warm during the night and by next morning an air conditioner was installed in our room. The breakfasts were absolutely spectacular. They have a pool table which we made good use of in the evenings and sherry and port is always available along with fresh baked cookies. Should you want a cup of tea or coffee, they have a small pantry for guests. The B&B is in a good location and within a short driving distance from several wineries, gardens, and museums. If you are looking for a very nice place to stay where the hosts take really good care of their guests then definitely consider this gem.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled as a couple
The Inn at Grace Winery
The Inn at Grace Winery
#1 of 1 in Glen Mills
Alpenhof Bed and Breakfast

Been to Hamanassett Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!