Econo Lodge Clairton
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
US$116
US$114
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 May 2012

Hotel was clean. Beds were very comfortable. People helpful and friendly. There is noise from highway. Parts of exterior in need of paint. Location was great for us--on off highway 51 to get around south Pittsburgh area ideal. Price was great. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 April 2012

Meow Z stayed here on 04/13/2012
Meow Z stayed in room 103 (jacuzzi suite)

The room itself was average.

The crowning glory of the room was the two person jacuzzi. You could tell that it was a realtively recent additon or upgrade to the room. The jacuzzi area as well as the jacuzzi was very clean! The jacuzzi itself needed serviced. (when in operation the water barely moved in the jacuzzi) Sad, because this would be an easy fix by simply having the jacuzzi serviced by a professional.

Meow Z had only one complaint about this room. Meow Z was thrown back when he opened up a dresser drawer and found a previous guests bikini top (meow z's favorite part was how the inserts for the top were removed and also left in the drawer!) Meow Z deliberately left the drawer open so the cleaning staff would have no good reason not to remove it!! Meow Z declined to lay hands upon it. Meow Z must state that in all fairness the rest of the room----especially the jacuzzi and the bathroom were VERY clean!

All in all you get what you pay for. Jacuzzi suites at other local motels were at least $40.00 more a night.

Bonus Tip: There area many...many...many...places to eat and shop within minutes of the motel! There is a pizza shop adjacent to the hotel. They seem to close early, but never the less it great to have there.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank MEOWZEE
Reviewed 14 October 2011

I was a little hesitant about staying in this hotel because I made my reservation directly with the hotel and communication was a problem. It took me all day to get an email confirmation and when I finally did our name was spelled totally wrong and the reservation was for one night instead of two as I had requested. I should have just made the reservation online. When we got to the hotel, I decided I would check out the room before I requested an additional night. As it turned out, I did go ahead and book a second night with no problem. The man at the desk was very nice and helpful and communication was not a problem. The room was clean and the bathroom was modern and up to date. The floor was tiled and the tub was one piece with no seams or grout which made it cleaner. The vanity countertop was granite. The TV was a flat screen. In the pictures online it showed an old TV so I was pleasantly surprised. There were a lot of channels to choose from which was convenient. Breakfast was continental, but that was no big deal since there are plenty of restaurants in the area. For our purpose this hotel was a good value and well maintained.

Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Annabelle1116
Reviewed 29 July 2011

Our family stayed here when we went to Kennywood and Sandcastle and thought it was very nice for the price. Everything was very clean in the room and very updated, flat screen TV, updated bathroom counters, sinks, faucets, shower. We had 2 Queen beds which were very nice and comfortable. I highly recommend this place for anyone.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank TMIRK
Reviewed 14 July 2010

I have been staying at this motel for 16 years and the recent remodel is great. The same family has owned the place since it was the historic old Starlite Motel, built in the 50's for stars who performed at the old Twin Coaches nightclub. Patti Page, Frank Sinatra, you name it, stayed here. Starlite actually stood for "where the stars alight" and I'm pleased the family has done a beautiful remodel resulting in huge comfortable rooms. My stay was excellent and I will be back later in the summer for perhaps two weeks. I highly recommend the Econolodge Clairton. I won't stay anywhere else when I'm in Pittsburgh.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo