Econo Lodge Clairton
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
US$116
US$114
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 April 2010

Motel was partially remodeled. Hair on towels wasn't ours. Toilet paper was next to empty, no extra was provided. No tissues, either. Mattress was extremely comfortable, and for the location, it was quiet. Mini fridge was gross, and ancient (wasn't part of remodel). Not even a plastic bag in ice bucket.Cigarette burns on some of older furniture.No clock of any kind. Breakfast was a joke....2 apples, a danish, and some sort of donut on counter, and there were signs for "New grand opening!!" Location was difficult to get in and out of, had to figure it out, on the ripped up parking area.Management just there to take money, didn't even ask "How was your stay?"

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
econo408, Manager at Econo Lodge Clairton, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2015

Dear Guest,
I am please to let you know that we have made some MAJOR renovations to our rooms and updated our breakfast selection. We would hope that on your next trip to the Pittsburgh area, you would consider us for your lodging needs.
Amy S.

Reviewed 3 February 2010

Looking for a good value in the Pittsburgh area, and reserved here. Was not disappointed. The EconoLodge is the budget Choice hotel brand, and this one was one of the best I've stayed in. Very friendly desk staff, large room, huge bathroom, new paint, doors, tile, etc. On a busy highway, Rt. 51, but the rooms face off-street and mine was quiet. Very happy with the choice.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 December 2009

I guess this place used to be called the Starlight Motel. Has had a recent remodeling and the rooms are all new. I've stayed their 4 or 5 times over the past few months and they are always very friendly. The rooms are clean, simple and well maintained. A great value for a name brand hotel in the area. Also, free WiFi.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 November 2009

I was on a trip between Washington DC and Peoria, IL. I was looking for a hotel with a good price and good WIFI. I called two other EconoLodges closer to the Interstate, and both did not have wireless WIFI. I was given a very good rate, and assured over the phone by Manny (Great Guy by the way) that they had excellent coverage on their WIFI. Well they did, and my room was clean, the bed was very comfortable, and the bathroom was huge!
I felt for my price, I received an excellent deal. I had a great night's sleep, was able to get all the work I needed to get done online, and was on my way in the morning. The desk clerk, Manny, is a very friendly person, who bent over backwards to be sure I was comfortable and accommodated. I would recommend this location to anyone one the go, looking for an affordable deal...especially business travelers.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank frequentraveler2000
Reviewed 15 June 2009

This is the worst motel I ever stayed at around Pittsburgh. I called to reserve a room for a smoker because my wife smokes and I was told that we would have one, but when we checked in we were told there were no smoking in any of the rooms because they just remodeled the rooms. They did remodel but the bathroom was poorly designed and why use an old dresser that fell apart when you try to pull the drawer out to use it. Our room had a used frdge in it and no microwave. We were also told that our price was $69.00 including tax on the phone but when we checked in it was $75.10 with the tax. We will never stay here again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple