“Great value! ”

Quality Inn
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Clarion
“Great value! ”
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel was very clean. The staff was efficient and always friendly. Their breakfast was surprisingly good. Only complaints I would have is not to count to heavily on the non smoking rooms. For the area it seems a bit unheard-of. And there's no outside pool or patio area to sit. There is a large grassy area that seems a logical place for it to be. And they had no issues with me taking the lounge chairs from the indoor pool outside to use. But a word of caution, the deer ticks were very heavy.

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
KarenMcKi, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write us such a nice review on Trip Advisor. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay. You are right, I do have a great staff who enjoys taking great care of our guests. I am also happy that you enjoyed your breakfast. We have been upgrading all of our rooms with new furniture, linens, lamps, and curtains and are hoping that eventually we will be doing some landscaping. It would be nice to have a patio and some chairs or benches outside the pool area. That just may be our next project! Thank you again and havea nice day!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Champaign
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel on June 26th. It was clean and updated. Our kids loved the pool, and they even provided noodles to float with. Judy at the front desk was very helpful and friendly. Breakfast was pretty good. Overall, I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed June 2014
KarenMcKi, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thank you for your nice review of the Comfort Inn in Clarion. I am so happy to hear that your children had a good time in our swimming pool! You are right, we have updated our rooms with all new furniture, linens, pillows, lamps, and curtains. We think our rooms look very nice with all the changes we have made. I am glad that you enjoyed your breakfast too. Thank you for recommending our hotel, we try to take very good care of all of our guests! Have a great day!
Ann Arbor
Reviewed 28 June 2014

This hotel is very clean and quiet, with pleasant helpful staff and a nice breakfast. The rates are very reasonable. The only reason I would not give it a 5 was that we found the beds to be overly soft and as a result somewhat uncomfortable--though certainly not terrible. We would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write us such a nice review. We are happy that you enjoyed our clean, quiet hotel! I am also happy that you liked your breakfast. We do have a wonderful staff that takes pride in the work they do and really enjoy reading our guests comments. I am sorry that you felt your bed was too soft, it is so hard to please everyone where that is concerned. Some like firm, some like soft and we do have a mixture of both. I am pleased to hear that you would stay again and if you call to make reservations, please ask the desk clerk for a bed with a firmer mattress and we will try to accommodate you! Have a great day!
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

So there were 2 of us driving from Connecticut through the ever long Pennsylvania. It started getting dark so we decided to stop in a town nearby which happened to be Clarion. It was our first hotel on our trip and we didn't know what to expect. Amanda help us. We had cats with us and she assured us that everything would be great. We also had a hotel discount coupon from one of the hotel books you'd get at the rest stops. She told us how they recently added the pool, and other items. Now looking T the pool- it's right there in the front lobby so who ever walks in can see you in your bathing suit. Thats probably the only bad thing. Anyway, we were exhausted having traveled with the kitties, and hungry. We went and checked out the room and it was in great condition. Had just the perfect amount of space. Once we were settled we decided to search out restaurants. The only problem was it was close to 9 o'clock and basically every restaurant had closed or was in the process of closing. I get it- our fault (we're such late eaters). So we settled for Arby's which I happen to like. I know I know! When we pulled up it was dark and all the chairs were up so we freaked and found a Mexican restaurant instead up the street called Cozumel. Now I love Mexican food and I saw that this had some good reviews. When I walked in I didn't like the smell of the place. I know I should have tried it before stating anything, but... that place turned me off. So we left and I noticed a car in Arbys lot. Thankfully I found out that they had a late drive through so we had that. It's not my honeys first choice but whatcha gonna do? Got back to the hotel and saw Amanda cleaning. It seemed like she was the only one working- probably was. She said that she was there a little longer but would be back for the morning. What a worker! We head towards the room and it was so comfortable! We fell right asleep. The next morning was breakfast from 6-10 I believe. Such a clean, nice spread! There was Amanda refilling and cleaning. Gold star definitely! We left after breakfast and there were 2 more employees with smiles on their face. Truly a nice experience in such a small town! Will stop here again if ever near by!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
KarenMcKi, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write us such a nice review! I am happy that you enjoyed your room here at the Comfort Inn. My staff loves reading the reviews from our guests and I made sure that Amanda read your review, she really appreciated the recognition. She is fairly new here and we are happy to have her. She has learned the front desk, cleaning, and taking care of our guests that go in and enjoy our complimentary breakfast! I am a true believer in the fact that you are only as good as your staff and I am very blessed to have such great employees who go the extra mile for everyone. Please come back and see us again and again! Thank you! Have a great day!
Sun City West, Arizona
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Looked for a place to sleep after a long drive, this town was where we stopped. Got a little travel booklet from the Pennsylvania visitors center with a coupon for a night at the Comfort Inn... GREAT PRICE with the coupon. We were pleasantly surprised with the quiet location but nearby to a Kmart and some restaurants. The hotel was clean and quiet. They had a hot breakfast with scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles, fruit and pastries. The hotel had an indoor pool but we didn't stay long enough to use it. Good outdoor open space for dog walking. Helpful front desk.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ScubaLadyK
KarenMcKi, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Thank you for writing us such a nice review. We are very happy that you enjoyed your accommodations here at the Comfort Inn in Clarion. My staff works very hard to make everyone comfortable. I am glad you enjoyed your breakfast too. Maybe the next time you come, you will have time to enjoy our hot tub and swimming pool! Have a great day and thank you again.
Plainfield, Illinois
Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

Stopped here on trip from Chicago to New York. Just wanted a clean place to sleep not costing an arm and a leg. Turned out to be a great stop. Room very clean(my top priority), comfortable bed, nice sized clear tv (NCAA championship game) and comfortable furniture with plenty of lighting. Upon check-out, pleasant staff asked if we had eaten breakfast? We had not, as we had not seen an eating area. They sent us to a pleasant dining area where we were able to eat with a variety of choices...make own waffles (strawberries and whipped cream), eggs, sausage, cereals, pastries, etc. Very unexpected and nicely done. Not a "fancy" hotel but would stay again if passing through the area.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Grumpyone88
KarenMcKi, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Thank you for your wonderful comments about our hotel. I am happy that you found our rooms to be clean and that you enjoyed our breakfast. I hope that you return again and stay with us. If you ever need anything, while here, please do not hesitate to ask. We have a great staff who wants everyone to be happy with their stay. Thank you again!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were visiting our sons up in Clarion and booked this hotel. Normally we stay at The Holiday Inn...this area is tough because the hotel choices they have up here are sub par...some are out and out dumps. This hotel was clean and the room spacious. The jacuzzi tub was a nice touch and the breakfast offered in the morning was decent. We will be using this hotel as our go to Clarion hotel now. They offer a great rate for university parents which is very much appreciated.

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank alynn
Thank you for your nice comments about the Comfort Inn in Clarion! I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us, we do try hard to please. We have upgraded our rooms with all new furniture, bedding, pillows, and lamps-- on to new curtains! We do offer the Clarion University rate for the parents who are coming to town to see their children who are enrolled in the college. We hope to see you again and again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clarion
Hampton Inn Clarion
#8 of 9 in Clarion
Budget Host Gold Eagle Inn
Budget Host Gold Eagle Inn
#3 of 4 in Brookville

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!