“Perfect choice for relaxing stay”

The Clarion House B&B
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Clarion
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Perfect choice for relaxing stay”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

This is a convenient stop on some of our long drives. We found a treasure. It was our first b and b. The rooms are immaculate and the beds comfy. We've walked the area, eaten in the village, and relaxed in the upstairs parlor and main parlor. We've felt very at home and comfortable. It is also nice to chat with th other guests about their travels and lives. The owners are friendly but respectful of our privacy as well. They are never overbearing.
The breakfast is beyond delicious. Warm from the oven and beautiful presented. Fresh fruits, he made coffee cakes and a hot dish. We felt very pampered.

Room Tip: We love the Teal Room. Nice view outdoors and spacious seating.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Ann R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I stayed at Clarion House B&B on March 10, 2014. I had a very great time during my stay. Bill the owner of this place, is SUPER nice. He was very helpful in giving me a direction from PIT to his place. I also enjoyed talking to him My "Yellow" room is SO pretty. The bed was cleaned and very comfortable. A breakfast, prepared by Judy (Bill's wife), was amazingly yummy. In sum, I highly recommend this B&B to everyone who come to visit Clarion!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank PNakhata
Lawnside, New Jersey
Reviewed 19 December 2013 via mobile

I flew to Minneapolis, MN from Atlantic City Airport via Ft. Myers, Fl. to begin my mistake from the pits of ebay car hell. To be stood up in Minnesota, hit by a blizzard driving to Ohio, held hostage by bad weather and timing for a weekend to be stopped again by a faulty starter for two more days. The light in my nightmare was a rapid in and out @ the BMV of Summit and the Grace of God! Sending Mark's Auto repair and The Clarion House B&B to my cellular that wouldn't pick up a signal. I was the only guest there so I had the place all to myself! Glorious living is what comes to mind! I felt Victorian!!! I thank you for the lift from the mechanics, the peaceful night sleep, the wonderful opportunity to be a breakfast guinea pig! And for being who you are. May God bless you and keep you.
Angel.

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Angle417
Asbury Park, New Jersey
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Beautiful and warm B&B. Kathy is a gracious hostess very willing to help with restaurant suggestions and directions. Our room was very clean and comfortable as was the en suite bath. Breakfast was delicious and served hot. We enjoyed eating at the large dining table with the other couples staying there. Highly recommend over the chain hotels in the area, especially since the price is comparable.

• Stayed November 2013
William M, Owner at The Clarion House B&B, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Thank you for your kind words. As you know, Judy and I were traveling during your visit and we agree that Kathy is a great substitute innnkeeper and we are fortunate to have her as a friend and manager during our vacation. Please come again.
Billl and Judy.
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 31 October 2013

My husband and I stayed 3 nights in October and were very happy with our experience. Bill and Judy are excellent hosts, friendly, helpful and approachable. Being travellers themselves probably helps them provide what guests are looking for. I concur with a previous reviewer; we stayed in the Teal Room and the bed may just be the most comfortable I have ever slept in - a dream. The historic home is beautifully furnished in keeping with the period and is very attractive and well maintained. Judy really cooks like a pro and presentation is faultless. The location was very convenient to our needs and if you're ever in Clarion (we were researching ancestry connections), we highly recommend it.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Yvonne M
East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I immediately felt comfortable and at home. quarters were very reasonably priced and very private. The bed was probably one of the most comfortable and comparable to heavenly bed brand. The house is perfectly appointed and very clean. The homemade breakfast was so yummy and PLENTY to eat. The location is perfect because you are walking distance from main street and Clarion campus. I would love to stay here during ALF but I am sure they are booked for years! It was excellent and thank you so much to the owners for making us feel so comfortable.

Room Tip: I stayed in the lavender/violet room and it was lovely.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Cromwell, CT
Reviewed 22 October 2013

My wife and I were heading east from California, back home to Connecticut. We found ourselves with no hotel reservation and as the evening was fast approaching we were starting to get concerned about finding a decent place between Ohio and central Pennsylvania. Thanks to TripAdvisor, we finally found The Clarion House and thanks to the positive reviews from raters before us, we were confident it was a good find. Well it turn out to be a great find. We arrived late (after 10) and Bill graciously welcomed us and showed us to our room (the Violet room). The room was charming, clean, spacious and very comfortable. Judy's gourmet breakfast, was a perfect egg souffle with herbs and chopped sage flowers. It could have been on the cover of a food magazine. We could not have been more pleased with our stay and our last minute fortune of finding it. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Violet Room. Although we can't compare it to the others, we were very happy wit...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple