Captain Loomis Inn - Restaurant and Lounge
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

The Loomis is back to quality food, service , and atmosphere. New owner, new menu! Wow! Well worth the stop. Everything from wings and burgers to free fish and steaks

There are newer reviews for Captain Loomis Inn - Restaurant and Lounge

Reviewed 30 March 2014

Since March 2014, The Captain Loomis is under new management and our experience there last night was wonderful. We started at the bar which is large, clean and fully stocked. After a drink, we moved to the restaurant and were promptly seated at a cozy booth. Our server, Bridget, was quick, efficient and pleasant. The food was absolutely delicious. My husband's filet was prepared to a perfect medium and my shrimp were mouth-watering. The price is right too. An overall great dining experience. I highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 4 August 2013

My husband and I have had dinner here a few times and the food has always been very good! Had an amazing melt in your mouth steak dinner.Can't wait til they reopen so we can return.The service has always been very good also.

1  Thank Shadow022
Reviewed 12 May 2013

We went to the Loomis today for lunch. We thought we would take our mother somewhere special for Mothers Day. Boy, were we wrong! The experience was horrible, from beginning to end. They only had a buffet. No menu, and they "forgot" to tell me that when I made the reservation. There was nothing posted about in the restaurant either. You only found out after you sat down and got your drinks. The buffet was $18 a person, and wasnt worth $2 a person. You spend 15 minutes waiting in line for the buffet, only to find out half of it was empty. And the food was TERRIBLE! It all tasted like it came out a box!! Our server hid in the kitchen the whole time, complaining about how many people were in the restaurant. We had to ask to have our drinks refilled, and the desserts were ridiciously. Served in paper dishes!!! I complained when I left to a server who could care less. After I left, and was looking at the bill, I discovered they charged 20% gratuity on the bill!!! They forgot to mention that also. 18% is standard!!! Would have been nice to know that before I left it the tip on the table!!! I wouldnt recommend the restaurant to anyone!

Reviewed 4 May 2013

The food was absolutely fabulous, my compliments to the chef! The waitress was VERY good! Very attentive and knowledgable, the only thing I would change is: if I had known the buffet was going to start I would have waited. But the Seafood Pomodoro was great! Definitely recommend this restaurant ! Thank you Trip-Advisor.(excellent app)