Tara - A Country Inn
Royal Motel - Hermitage(Hermitage)(Great Value!)
US$52
Hotels.com
US$95
US$85
Park Inn
Super 8 West Middlesex/Sharon Area(West Middlesex)(Great Value!)
US$66
Cianci's Motel(Greenville)
US$65
US$113
US$108
All reviewsbuhl mansiongarden suitegourmet diningremarkable jobcookiesnext morningbaby grand pianoturn down serviceprime rib and salmoncanopy bedbrunch on sundaysun porchperiod costumeromantic weekendlarge jacuzziserved family stylecivil war artifacts
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We had a wonderful stay at Tara. Our first visit but it won't be the last. We stayed in Sweet Magnolia Blossom and loved everything about it. Super comfy bed..the best Jacuzzi ever! What impressed us the most was the attention to the smallest details: welcome tray with champagne, cheese, crackers, fruit and a personalized giant sugar cookie. An ice bucket filled with us and waiting. Fresh flowers in the room. Kleenex in every area of the room and Q-tips/cotton balls in the bath. Turn down service with chocolates and a fresh bucket of ice. Morning paper on the door knob. The list is endless. Staff? All super yet professional. Food? Outstanding. Drinks? Reasonable. Grounds? Gorgeous. Common areas? Plentiful and all furnished in period antiques. We had fun getting lost in the maze of halls and rooms. I would highly recommend Tara to anyone. We can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Most rooms have fireplaces and Jacuzzi's. Traffic noise noticeable with windows open on highway side, but not a huge issue.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2014

we stayed in the Katie O'Hara room last Saturday for a wedding. This was our second stay at the Tara. Everything was great! We loved the room and the Jacuzzi. We even got breakfast served to our room. The staff was amazing.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DeRy31
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

We have been to Tara several times and try to stay in different rooms just to see which one we like best. But we love them all! Staff is great food at Stonewall's is the best.. It is a "gone with the wind theme" so updating rooms like some suggest take away how things were back then. I would advise anyone with doubts to eat there first and take a tour. It's off the beaten path, but we feel it's worth it. Remember some ppl who do reviews are never satisfied! It's has 2 restaurants a bar pool for summer and close to highways for travel what more could you ask for?

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We went to lovely Tara for Easter Sunday brunch this year and it was fabulous! You feel just like you are on the movie set for Gone with the Wind. They had a terrific variety of food including lamb, ham, and prime rib along with the regular brunch items including pasta, turkey, potatoes, and breakfast foods. We were seated in the smaller room, the Shiloh, which was very sweet and more intimate than the large banquet room. The atmosphere was lovely and the free champagne cocktail was a nice touch. The tables were covered with white tablecloths and fresh flowers adorned each table. The friendly waitresses were dressed in clothes that reflected the history of the old antebellum south. The dessert tables were complete with pies, cakes and cookies. Each item rich and delicious! The grounds of Tara are beautiful and it is fun to explore the Inn and the outside area with its many bronze sculptures and the gazebo. I have been to other brunches in the area and none can compare to Tara. I have been here many times for dinner at the Stonewall Tavern and this is my second Sunday brunch. For me, it is always a Five Star experience!! This is one of my very favorite places in Mercer County. One suggestion is to be sure to make a reservation well in advance as they were booked the day we were there! You can also spend the night in their Inn. It is not just a meal, it is an experience!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 April 2014

My review will focus on the overnight accommodations. The downstairs was very nice and the restaurants and food were excellent.

Stayed in the Garden Suite at the end of March with my two sisters as a surprise for one sister’s 50th birthday. “Luxurious overnight accommodations” as touted on Tara’s web site, is not what we received. The room had a beautiful Persian carpet, an ornate chandelier and some attractive statuary. Other than that, dated doesn’t begin to describe its remaining contents. The sleeper sofa was ancient and very uncomfortable with dingy sheets. As was the mattress on the main bed. The bathroom needed to be completely gutted and redone. It had an odor, cracked tiles, comically small shower, tarnished faucets, and it wasn’t very clean. Also, the towels smelled funny and weren’t very nice. This was undoubtedly due to the strange smelling water they must have been washed in.
Peppered throughout the upstairs accommodations are these little wooden carved people holding trays. They place your newspaper, towels, etc. on them. They are painted to portray African Americans and are done in an almost cartoonish style. I found them offensive. I took a picture, but have rethought posting it. We needn't bring back all things about the Old South.

The staff was pleasant and most were helpful. They wear period costume. And when I say “costume” this is exactly what it ends up looking like. Coupling a pretend antebellum dress with modern day hair, tennis shoes, jewelry, nail polish and 21st century people is not a good idea. I felt bad for them. It came off as silly and cheapened the experience. It took me back to an eighth grade field trip not antebellum Georgia.

The food and all of my dining experiences at Tara were very nice. This unfortunately did little to make up for the very disappointing suite. This is not a bargain hotel, nor is it priced as one. For the price paid the room should have been much nicer. Upon check out neither of the two desk personnel asked how our stay was. This has never happened to me before at any hotel….ever.

Really got the feeling that this place used to be “luxurious” and used to be very nice and up to date, but that the owners are now resting on the laurels of its heyday. They need to learn from Scarlett and realize that as time passes Tara just isn’t what it used to be. Next time I will remember, if I want luxury, I should go back to Bedford Springs Resort.

Room Tip: Eat here, but do not stay overnight.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family