“Three stay at Comfort Inn”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Clarks Summit
Reviewed 11 April 2013

Spent three months at this Comfort Inn and it was being remodeled while I was here. I stayed in the remodeled room and before remodel room. An absolute change in rooms, they did an excellent job renovating. I can only say nice things about the staff. They treated me like family for the time I was here and helped make my time away from home bearable. Thank you. Highly recommend this property to stay at.

Room Tip: go for the double bed rooms, more usable space.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Dan E, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2013

Thank you. We're glad you enjoyed your stay even through the renovations.

Reviewed 13 March 2013

first let me state that I have been a member of the choice hotels group since 2004. I use their web site for all of my reservations, I stayed there on 3/9 nowhere on it did it state that the place was under a major remodel. I came down for coffee at 5am found it to be cold I looked for the night person and found him asleep on the couch, he did not wake up when I went out for some coffee, nor on my return, I came back down at 6am and was told I should have used the microwave to heat it up, also they must use the elevator to remove the material and never cleaned the floor up

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Let me start by apologizing for the poor attitude of a "former" employee. We've rectified the issue and the renovations are complete. I think if you give us a second chance you'll be glad you did.

Reviewed 7 March 2013

Stopped here after checking out some seedy econo-lodges in Scranton...scary stuff!! This Comfort Inn hotel is currently going through the renovation process but is progressing nicely. The room was newly renovated,smelled fresh,good wifi connection,and a very good heating A/C system.Continental breakfast was as many others but adequate for a quick bite.Would recommend this hotel

Room Tip: This hotel is off I-81 through a bit of a winding road but not too difficult to reach.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Dan E, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2013

We're so happy that our guests like the results of our ongoing renovation. Thank you for letting others know about your experience at our hotel.

Reviewed 4 March 2013

Hotel is just completing a major renovation. The newly renovated rooms are fresh and beautiful with fridge and microwave. I found the staff to be helpful and friendly. Many restaurants and services are nearby. Easily accessable from I-81 and the Pa Turnpike extension. There was some construction noise and debris during the day but that will be gone soon.

Room Tip: Smoking is confined to the 4th floor.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Dan E, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2013

Thank you for letting others know about our renovations. We're really excited about the changes being made and can't wait for everything to be finished. Our new breakfast area has been a big hit with our guests and the modern decor of the rooms creates a very relaxing impression. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 24 December 2012

My family and I were visiting family friends with a group of family friends again. (which I don't recommend, if you travel, go with family only) and we stayed in this nice hotel. The breakfast was good and they even had a hot tub and sauna which you don't usually see in a regular hotel. I am used to seeing that in a resort. But, it was delightful.

Room Tip: non smoking floor
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Maryann H
Reviewed 3 December 2012

It may be in need of an update, but it is the friendliest, most accomodating place I have ever stayed. I stayed for a week because my electicity was out due to Hurricane Sandy. They kept my room clean without disturbing my cats who were not accustomed to being moved nor were they accustomed to anything without rural vistas. The breakfasts were perfect. It particularly pleased me that they offered fresh fruit and non-fat yogurt. But it was the staff, from the front desk to the cleaning team that made this a trip away from home that, were it not for the hurricane, would have rivaled the rest provided by a spa. And because of the hurricane, they were full to overflowing at the time. Bravo!

Room Tip: I liked my front corner room facing the highway where I could sit in the window and watch all that w...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Susan D
Reviewed 28 September 2012

I called ahead to make my reservation the same day. Louis was very helpful in accommodating my requests. When I arrived he was friendly and very helpful in making sure I received credit for my stay in their rewards program. Room was clean and the bed was comfortable. Breakfast included bagels, muffins, waffles, eggs/sausage.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Days Inn Scranton PA
#8 of 10 in Scranton
5 mi away
Sleep Inn & Suites Scranton Dunmore

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!