“Okay food for non-gluten eaters”
Review of JJ Bridges

JJ Bridges
Ranked #27 of 61 Restaurants in Clarks Summit
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Had dinner here with some colleagues. Didn't really have a say in the decision so I gave it a chance. I ordered a turkey burger (no bun) with sauteed mushrooms that came with cole slaw - thinking that it would work for my gluten intolerance. Burger looked and tasted pre-made and was nothing special, sauteed mushrooms were out of a jar or can. They Had that weird sour taste and did not taste good, the coleslaw seemed okay but nothing special there.
The next day I had a sour stomach and an obvious reaction to gluten. My husband's fish was okay but the fries were frozen out of the bag brand. I'm sure if you are used to regular old American food this place works but not for people like us who eat, healthy, good quality foods every day. Waitress was very nice and so was the rest of the workers. Music was excellent.
Won't be back again.

There are newer reviews for JJ Bridges

Reviewed 30 March 2014

My initial concern was that I couldn't pick up the salt shaker. It was STUCK to the table. Of course, so were my arms when I reached for it and leaned on the table. Then the food came. I had the cheese steak wrap - which was tasty - though it lacked meat. It was mainly lettuce. My husband's "medium" hamburger was overcooked to sawdust consistency and a touch on the bizarre side. It was football shaped and on a small hoagie bun. The highlight of lunch was the small plastic container of potato salad that came with the burger & fries. We're not likely to come back here.

Reviewed 24 January 2014

Ok restaurant for the simple dishes. Nachos are pretty good, service is friendly, food is what you would expect from middle America. Huge menu.

Reviewed 25 December 2013

Stopped here right before holidays... menu is large with a great variety of items. Appetizers to steaks, pasta, seafood and so much more. I would recommend this place to everyone and anyone. 2 GREAT bartenders the friday night i was there, a girl and a guy, they were such a pleasure to watch and have them serve us. I saw some negative reviews here and would ignore them. I hope we get another chance to visit this area, JJ Bridjes is a treat. don't miss it.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

We like pubs and pub food. My husband had soup that he really liked and their special "everything" salad (steak, shrimp, chicken and more) that he said was okay. I had a fish sandwich that was really good. Our server was great when taking our order, and always pleasant, but had to be called back to the table more than once for stuff that we needed (condiments, refills on beverages and check). She also did not seem very familiar with the menu. This restaurant could definitely benefit from some employee training. I'd really give it 3.5 stars because it was better than average, but not exactly "very" good. Just good. Definitely better than fast food.