“Comfortable clean rooms & great staff”

Econo Lodge Clarks Summit
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Clarks Summit
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I don't live far from Clarks Summit but like to spend a night out. This place been very good so far. All I need is a clean room with clean sheets, pillows & a spotless bathroom which I never had a problem with. The staff is especially the ones who keep getting the boss my business. Extremely helpful & I like spending time to talk to them.
Would recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 27 July 2014

The bed was comfortable even though the sheets were thin and worn, the shower and TV were good although the channels were limited, and the room was quiet, but the exterior of the place was shabby and the parking inadequate, with 6 rickety wooden exterior steps to all rooms.The AC, when on, blew air up to the vaulted ceiling, creating a draft down on the left side of the bed. There was a hole in a cabinet where the refrigerator was supposed to be, and at checkout my husband was told that we should have informed management there wasn't one and it would have been moved from another room. So apparently complaining would work,if we had only known. The worst feature was a downright dangerous raised threshold at the bathroom door; tripping on it would land you on the edge of the tub. Also,the bathroom door opened out against the sink, making it unusable. Complimentary breakfast was a few pastries, coffee and orange juice machines and one small table. We will not stay at that hotel again at any price.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank CJE23e
economgmt, Manager at Econo Lodge Clarks Summit, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Thank you for your time to review us.
I am sorry that your stay was not pleasent as we wish for all our customers.
We will try to improve on the points that you made.

Thanks & Regards
Raj Zaveri

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Things I liked: Professional check-in by Reema. Quick and precise.
Clean room. Large king and #129 is off to the side so no one above or under.
refrig and can't remember if there was a microwave.
Bed was comfortable. Amount of light coming in was fair.
Things I did not like: Found out after we were in for the evening that TV reception was awful
WIFI did not work and bedside lamp did not work.
Was not going to get dressed up so that someone could come in and take care of the lamp so we moved the desk lamp over.
Did not have any interest in continental breakfast

Room Tip: #129 is off to itself. Quiet and large
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
economgmt, Manager at Econo Lodge Clarks Summit, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

This is delighting that you liked some parts of the trip & some parts where not that pleasing for you.
We are sorry that the tv didnot had a good reception & you had problems with wifi too, which we know is awfull.
As far as lamp in your room did not work was checked and we found it had a loose connection which we have fixed as soon as we discovered it.
We are again sorry for all the problems you had.

We hope you will have a better exeperience the next time when you stay with us.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

We got a room for a night at this hotel which was right off rt 81, me & my bff were skeptical still we took a chance, let me tell u it was a deal. Very nice rooms the staff was courteous & welcoming. Beds very well made & comfy pst....i checked the room & sheets & the bathroom, before checking in.Overall a nice stay but, yes but the breakfast is not to look forward for, nothing u want to eat.Very low quality food items. Anyway will recommed & stay again in future.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank kimlovestravelthewor
Reviewed 12 February 2014

the best economy hotel i stayed in so far, the front desk & the manager was very welcoming.The rooms are well maintained. Was with a friend so shared a room with 2 beds which was very surprisingly well furnished for the price paid. I will be back if i am in the area.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank rol r
Reviewed 10 February 2014

It was my first trip to Clarke Summit, Had an awesome time in the company of Mr. and Mrs. Raj ( Hotel Manager) who were very kind,helpful,accommodating and made every possible effort to make my stay as comfortable as possible .The hotel room was very clean and comfortable. The scenic view outside my room was one of the best part during my stay. I strongly recommend econo -lodge to anyone visiting Clark Summit.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank drsorabgupta
Reviewed 4 September 2013

ice machine broken, blanket not the right length for the bed, comforter in tatters, manager laying on sofa with shoes off. Have stayed here on visit to area for years but not sure the cheap price is worth it.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Ramada Clarks Summit Near Scranton
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Dickson City/Scranton
Sleep Inn & Suites Scranton Dunmore
Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel Scranton

Been to Econo Lodge Clarks Summit? Share your experiences!