“Best thing -- pet friendly x2”

Econo Lodge Clarks Summit
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Clarks Summit
New Jersey
“Best thing -- pet friendly x2”
Reviewed 26 June 2010

Was very glad to find this hotel that allows two pets.

Stayed here in April 2010 as well and was somehow put in a smoking room, which smelled extremely badly. Needed to wash EVERYTHING after staying there. Bathroom had a shower stall. Room had small ants.

Stayed again in June 2010 due to the two-pet allowance, correctly got a non-smoking room this time, which was a better room overall. Housekeeping wasn't the greatest (two hairs on the "fresh" towels!), but the room seemed otherwise okay. Hotel is near a railroad and trains can be heard but did not disturb my sleep even though I am light sleeper.

Rooms need to be updated and refreshed, but wasn't bad for the money. Continental breakfast is offered but I did not check it out so have no comments. Tried the little family style restaurant next door and it was fairly good.

I'd probably stay again for the rate and the pet allowance.

• Stayed June 2010

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed 4 June 2010

We stayed at this hotel for one night.We had to check in early for a wedding near by, no problem at all. The room was ready for us at 12 noon,no extra charge. The people that run this place do try very hard. The rooms are clean, fresh coffe in the morning, good hot water, the air condition worked. Amount i paid, 69.26 not bad.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank millerb
Rhode Island
Reviewed 22 March 2010

The room was very nice. It even had a backdoor with a small deck and a table and chairs.
Also had an iron and ironing board. LOTS of cable tv channels to choose from, unlike most places that half only a few. Coffee and coffee maker as well.
Also FREE internet for your laptop! Friendly staff. My ONLY complaint was that my room did not have a clock! I would have traded in the iron and coffee for a clock!
My friends room did however have a clock, so not sure why I didnt have one. Kind of essential in a hotel room if you ask me. Also a great shower head.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with friends
Rochester, NY
Reviewed 15 February 2010

Nice warm place with fridge, microwave, and breakfast. Friendly, helpful owners.

Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 001362
Reviewed 6 October 2009

We stayed one night at the Econo Lodge in Clarks Summit. This was rated a Gold Award establishment. Although I believe they are remodeling, we were definitely NOT in a remodeled room. The room was quite large, but the odor was unbearable and there were fingerprints all over the tables. The air conditioning did not work well. The bathroom is very tiny with barely room for a toilet and a stall shower.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 31 August 2009

This is a nifty little motel tucked into the side of the mountain along a busy commercial strip in Clarks Summit, PA, north of Scranton. The motel is basic, but in decent shape. Our king bed room was recently renovated. The tub and shower enclosure was a faux-granite and the vanity was new. Shower pressure and temperature were good. The A/C worked fine and the room was generally clean. The bed was flat and the pillows thin, but that was OK. For a rate of $60, we don't expect much. The room did lack a digital clock radio, which we thought was weird, and there was a strange dark spattering on the stucco style wall which looked suspicious, but that didn't affect us too much.
I've stayed here twice and both times were worth it. Don't expect luxury, just basic accomodations. Did the trick for us.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 21 August 2009

My mom and I were going away for the weekend to check out some new sights, and we booked our first night at the econo lodge. We got there around 10:30 at night, got our key, and checked out the room. The first thing I did (thank goodness) was pull back the blankets to check out the sheets. To say they were filty is putting it mildly. There were fresh stains (they didn't look set in and it appeared the sheets hadn't been washed since the last guest) but I also saw what looked like two dead maggots. Before I went back to the desk, I wanted to know if they were maggots or rice. I took a tissue and gave them a poke. Yep, they were maggots, and they were alive. We went to the front desk and were offered a new room, but there was no way I was going to stay in a place like that. We ended up getting the LAST room at a hotel across the street. I read some great reviews on this place and I'm wondering if maybe they changed ownership. The place looked booked that night, so maybe the other rooms were ok. I would never give them a second chance.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Hampton Inn Clarks Summit
Hampton Inn Clarks Summit
#1 of 6 in Clarks Summit
Sleep Inn & Suites Scranton Dunmore

Been to Econo Lodge Clarks Summit? Share your experiences!