Nichols Village Hotel & Spa
Comfort Inn(Clarks Summit)
Fairfield Inn Scranton(Scranton)
Residence Inn Scranton(Scranton)
View Hotel
All reviewsmain buildingwedding venuei'm gladbit datedchain hotelsroom was largebeds were comfortablesheetzcollege
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Nichols Village was a quite impressive hotel for the most part. We had booked a block of rooms for our wedding guests over the weekend and most of them seemed to really enjoy it. Unfortunately, management changed and gave us the complete run around about our original contract that we signed with them so BE AWARE OF YOUR CONTRACT. Just like every other situation, if you sign it and they sign it, then they MUST abide by it. Other than that, the rooms were nice, spacious, and decently clean. The breakfast, (free) was mediocre. Very processed and bland but you can't beat free right? The staff, especially the front desk staff, was outstanding towards us and our guests. Would I stay again? Absolutely. Great location, decent prices, and nice people.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Robert12084, General Manager at Nichols Village Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

I would to thank you and your group for staying with us. I am glad you enjoyed your stay .I am not aware of any contract issues .I would be more than happy to discuss any issues you had with your contract. I am not aware that there were any

Reviewed 26 April 2014

I wasn't sure what to expect of Nichols Village after reading the reviews. We were greeted upon arrival and the check in process was quick and pleasant.

Our room was clean and well maintained. You could tell it hadn't been remodeled in a while, but it was in good shape. There is free wifi in the rooms. We had an issue with the wifi and called the tech support number. The issue was with the provider and the whole area was out, so it wasn't the fault of the hotel. There is a decent size refrigerator. The rooms are large and open with good quality furniture.

The deluxe continental breakfast was decent. I would say it is a notch below what I've gotten at a Hampton, but still nice with hot food and plenty of options. Someone was there the whole time keeping it stocked. They also have coffee in the lobby.

The grounds and the hotel itself are beautiful. It is obvious that money was invested in it at one time.

I would have given it a five star if there was more updating done to the rooms.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

I would like to take the time to thank you for staying with us I am glad you enjoyed your stay. We are developing a new capitol budget to address the issues of upgrading the rooms and other amenities in the hotel

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Stopped here for the night on a road trip. We decided to use Priceline's express deal to get a three star hotel, and ended up here. It's very close to the interstate (about a mile off of it) and right next to a few fast food and gas options, as well as a grocery store and a CVS.

This seems like a spa-like hotel that hasn't been updated for a few years, but still has life in it. The carpets were vacuumed and the sheets and towels were clean, and so was our room. The bathroom had an option for one of those sunless tanners, which I haven't seen in years but I thought was cool. A few nice touches in the room made it more pleasant, and the beds were comfortable.

The walls and floors have some dents and scratches, if you bother to look, but the overall feel of the hotel is pleasant and tasteful. I didn't make use of the pool but it looked nice enough, and the fitness area has a few cardio machines and two weight options.

Staff was courteous and responsive, and the parking is very good for bringing in luggage. Area is quiet and safe. I'd be pleased to stay here again, though I'd want to get a good price.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Robert12084, General Manager at Nichols Village Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

I would like to thank you for staying with us on your recent trip. If your travels permit next time please check out our Spa. It is a full service Spa with the full range of services

Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

An older place but very clean and quiet. Nice place for families. Staff was very friendly and I would stay there again. My only complaint would be regular coffee Makers in the rooms. Pool area was clean and on site restaurant on site is very nice

• Stayed: April 2014

I would like to thank you for your recent stay with us. I noted that you did not like the coffee makers. Some guests do like the single service pod machine instead of the small pots that some hotels use.It is a matter of personal taste

Reviewed 31 March 2014

I am recently engaged. My fiancée attended a wedding at Nichols Village years ago and remembered really enjoying himself. We scheduled an appointment to tour the grounds for our wedding this past Saturday March 22, 2014 at 12:30. We were coming from a half hour away, knowing that we left early but we hit unexpected traffic on 81 near Dickson City. When we pulled into the parking lot we were less than impressed with the upkeep of the outside of the building. Our first reaction was just to leave but seeing as though we are just ending Winter we decided to give it a shot. We weren't expecting to hit traffic however I still take responsibility for being ten minutes late. When we walked into the lobby I explained to the girl at the desk that we had an appointment for 12:30 to tour the place for our wedding. She looked baffled, then she tried to tell me our appointment was between 12:00 and 12:30. I reassured her I made the appointment myself and it was set for 12:30 and I apologized for being late because we hit unexpected traffic. She then said she remembered it was for 12:30 but we were ten minutes late. She then told me we either had to wait for all the other appointments to be done for the day or reschedule. Considering this is going to be the biggest day of my life I'd like to think that you would have scheduled me for a little longer than thirty minutes. Also, do you really think that is the best way to treat people who are looking to spend thousands upon thousands of dollars for a one day event?? Needless to say we won't be rebooking our appointment. I plan on telling everyone I can about the poor experience we had there. It wasn't even worth the half hour drive.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Melissa M

I would like to apologize the way in which your last appointment was handled. There is no excuse. I can only say that we were between the former Director of Catering leaving and before the New person started. Appointments should not be made at half hour intervals especially for a wedding . I can understand your frustration and hope where ever you decided to book your event that you have a beautiful day.