“A Good Hotel in an Area With Few Choices”

Comfort Inn Clearfield
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Clearfield
Reviewed 1 August 2011

My sister and I stayed overnight at the Comfort Inn in Clearfield at Exit 120 on I-80 when we were attending a family funeral in nearby Curwensville. There’s a Hampton Inn next door to the Comfort Inn. My first choice for a mid-priced hotel when traveling is usually Hampton Inn, but the Comfort Inn was priced a good $30-$40 a night lower than the Hampton with my AARP discount.

Both hotels were busy, based on the number of cars in the park lot. There’s not much along I-80, and the State College/Clearfield/DuBois area is one of the last outposts of civilizations until you get to I-79 in the west or New Jersey in the east. The only restaurants around the hotel are fast food places. If you want a sit down restaurant you’ll have to drive to Clearfield or Curwensville.

The Comfort Inn was clean, both in the lobby/breakfast area and in the room. We had a microwave and refrigerator in the room. The bathroom was small but adequate. The front desk staff and breakfast attendants were friendly and attentive, and there were cookies available when we checked in.

I thought the Clearfield Comfort Inn offered a better and more varied complimentary breakfast than the typical Hampton Inn, especially the hot items. There was sausage gravy and biscuits, bacon, sausage, and ham, and scrambled eggs, in addition to pastries, bagels and cream cheese, bread for toast and English muffins, assorted cereals and oatmeal, and fruit, juice, milk, coffee, and tea.

I would stay at this hotel again if I were visiting the area.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Rigatoni58

Reviewed 7 April 2011

I was driving late at night, alone and needed a room for the night. I checked in here, the front desk clerk was very pleasant, gave me an excellent room for a great rate. I would definitely stay here again, if I were traveling along this route

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Christine122
Reviewed 30 March 2011

Excellent value for money. Clean comfortable rooms. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank tandylands
Reviewed 27 September 2010

We made a trip to State College for the weekend and this was the closest hotel at reasonable rates. It is no further than 35-40 minutes which we didn't mind driving. The hotel is very clean and easy to find. We stayed on the third floor, it was late so we were looking forward to our room. Once in our room, we were surprised by the sink outside the bathroom, but found it convenient when someone else was using the shower. The rooms were very clean and the right size for us. We heard no noise while sleeping in the hotel, every once in a while a truck on the highway, but that itself was not very loud and you had to be awake to hear it. The breakfast was just right too. They had a good variety of what you would want. It included waffles, yogurt, cereal, sausage, bacon, eggs, bagels and various items you would expect. The service was also great. Every staff member we saw greeted us with a "Hello" or "Good Morning" which was nice. Overall, we would gladly stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank clapp329
Reviewed 10 August 2010

At first, when my husband and five-month-old son and I checked into the Comfort Inn Clearfield, I was a little relieved. The room looked clean, the decor was tasteful, and I was pleasantly surprised to find a nice-sized fridge. But then... the problems began. The air conditioning unit (and it was a HOT August) would cycle on and off randomly, no matter what setting it was on. The walls were so thin that we could hear every word of the TV next door. And the when you flicked on the switch in the bathroom, the bathroom fan made a noise like a jet engine taking off, and the light was a sickly yellow headache-inducing color. The final straw was the next morning, when we discovered that the fridge (although set to max) did not work at all, and we had to throw out two bottles of baby formula that we had made and refrigerated. Considering we paid about $100 for our one-night stay, I think it's fair to say that this was a less than satisfactory hotel experience.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 April 2009

The clerk at the front desk when we arrived was so wonderful to us and treated us like we was family, her name was: Jaimee.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank hopesdaughter
Reviewed 22 July 2008

On our way back to PA from Ohio we were caught in terrible weather and were too exhausted to continue. This was the 3rd place we stopped to check accomodations and prices. The price was very reasonable, the staff couldn't do enough to assist us, the room was spotless and the pool was very clean and inviting. I would recommend this facility to everyone and would definitely stop again if we return to the area.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clearfield
Best Western Plus Clearfield
Red Roof Inn Clearfield
Red Roof Inn Clearfield
#8 of 9 in Clearfield
Homewood Suites by Hilton DuBois

Been to Comfort Inn Clearfield? Share your experiences!