“This is my favorite hotel in central PA”

Comfort Inn Clearfield
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Clearfield
Reviewed 1 January 2014

As a business traveler I really appreciate this hotel. It has super easy access to I 80 and there are plenty of fuel and food choices nearby. The staff is among the best I have encountered. Never an issue with reservations or checking in / out. The rooms are exceptional for this price point; comfortable, quiet, and clean always. Wifi has been super every time I have used it. Breakfast choices are plentiful and include items that could be taken with for a quick get away. For what I need in a hotel this one fits perfectly. I hope to return soon!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank The8racer
BrandyGM, General Manager at Comfort Inn Clearfield, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Dear The8racer,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a positive review! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and it truly means a lot to us that you have such AMAZING feedback. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel every time you are in town.

Thank you again... You truly made our day!

Kind Regards,

Brandy Bush

Reviewed 22 November 2013

Stayed here for one night to break up a drive across PA. The room was clean, but nothing particularly special. Checked in too late to take advantage of the pool. The surrounding area has limited food choices--mostly fast food unfortunately. The Super 8 would have been a better value, except for the cadre of truckers and bikers hanging around the front door smoking. Couldn't imagine walking through that gantlet to check in. For that, the Comfort Inn was the better alternative.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

I found the Comfort Inn to be in need of a face lift. The front lobby is clean and breakfast is very good but the rooms are small and in need of a pick me up for the cost.
The complimentary continental breakfast was a plus for this stay. Bagels, waffles, cereal, fruit, yogurt... something for everyone. The breakfast area is small though and very congested. We went down and brought our food back to our room as there was no where to sit.
There is a pool but no hot tub or jacuzzi as advertised on some sites. The pool was chilly and a little dirty so we only went once for a short time which was disappointing as the pool was a deciding factor with the kiddos in tow.
The room was small but comfortable except the bathroom. The toilet and tub are in the bathroom which was tiny. The ceiling had water stains that could have been easily fixed with a coat of paint. The tub showed wear and when the toilet or shower in the room above were used it could be heard clearly in our room.
Overall it wasn't an awful stay but it wasn't a cheap hotel. In fact we chose comfort over cost and went with a more expensive hotel expecting a cost equivalent stay. We were disappointed. For the cost, just an Ok stay.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We've stayed at this Comfort Inn in Clearfield a number of times and have always been treated well. Kristen (?) at the front desk was wonderful. As I was checking in, she said she would be able to upgrade our reservation to the suite at no extra cost. It was beautiful with a kitchen and a sitting area. As always it was impeccably clean, comfortable, and a nice place to stop after a long drive. There were fresh homemade cookies in the lobby and a wonderful breakfast in the breakfast room the next morning. Staff is wonderful there. Hotel is clean. Beds are wonderful. We will be back in the future.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Deb F
Reviewed 11 September 2013

While the rooms are smaller, generally a King or two full beds the rooms were adequate for an overnight stay for four people. With the extras, microwave and refrigerator our stay was adequate. With a friendly staff and indoor pool we had an enjoyable time. It is a place I would stay at again, although it is a little hard to get to the location up on a hill off of the main road.

Room Tip: No rooms with a view of the valley but a great view from the patio off the pool area
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Bob B
Reviewed 5 September 2013

The Comfort Inn was nice and very clean. The staff was friendly the desk clerk even gave us a room with a jacuzzi at no extra cost! The only downside was the breakfast. The hot food was at best lukewarm and not a lot to choose from.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Phyllis J
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I was a single traveler going to my family reunion in August. When I called the hotel to confirm my "points" reservation a very knowledgeable "Jamie" helped me out and upgraded my room as I am Elite Gold. She went over and beyond the call of duty and I enjoyed the king sized bed. The people that were most helpful were: Jamie, Brandi and Cary. It's wonderful to have folks in this business that truly care. The location of the room was peaceful and quiet as promised. The next morning I joined up with others staying in the hotel that went to the same reunion. There was plenty of room for all 3 of us to eat together. The breakfast was bountiful and fresh. It was great to be able to get a piece of fruit and coffee early and go back to my room while getting ready to check out.

Room was very clean and in good condition. There were no issues.

Room Tip: If you prefer something quiet or a location away from the elevators, just ask.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
6  Thank happybeststuff
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clearfield
Best Western Plus Clearfield
Rodeway Inn
Rodeway Inn
#5 of 9 in Clearfield
Homewood Suites by Hilton DuBois

Been to Comfort Inn Clearfield? Share your experiences!