“Nice place to spend the night.”
Review of Super 8 Clearfield

Super 8 Clearfield
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Clearfield
Lake Villa
“Nice place to spend the night.”
Reviewed 25 June 2012

Checked in late at night and they couldn't have been more helpful. The room was clean, and the staff was friendly. I am a woman traveling by myself, so safety is important, and I felt very safe and secure. An excellent value for the price!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank AllisonChicago

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 13 June 2012 via mobile

Stayed the past two nights and had a great stay. The service from the staff was friendly and efficient, and was much appreciated after a long day of driving. The location is convenient to the interstate and easy to find with several options for the necessities of food and fuel. The rooms were very clean and the beds were comfortable. Breakfast even included a make your own waffle station. A wonderful stay and the price was unbeatable.

Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
fairfiled, ct
Reviewed 28 May 2012

The is the BEST Super 8 motel I've ever stayed in! It is in a perfect location in about the middle of Pennsylvania right off I-80. It was VERY clean (my one unshakeable requirement!) and had nice furniture and TV and plenty of extra features in the rooms. There is a free continental breakfast that was great (not just your typical lousy cup of coffee and doughnut) and the person running it was doing a fantastic job of keeping everything well-stocked and neat. All the staff I encountered in my 2 recent stays there (to and from Ohio from Connecticut) were very friendly and gracious. I've stayed in many far more expensive motels that were not half as nice as this one so I recommend it whole-heartedly. The management is obviously doing a terrific job in making this motel special.
Oh! And maybe best of all it is pet friendly! That is very hard to find once you get more toward the east coast. The pet fee is a modest $5 a night.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the newer wing in the back.
3 Thank sonnetcat
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed 23 May 2012

I was going to write a favorable review of the Clearfield Super 8, just based on it being a pleasant stay -- clean room, nice shower, an adequate (and free) breakfast, the coffee, good rate, nice TV with lots of channels and free wi-fi. That's all I need and they had it for me.

But then something else happened: I was getting ready for another trip when I went to get my travel toiletry bags. They were not to be found. I retraced my travels in my mind and figured they must have been left in the room at the Super 8 in Clearfield on May 5. So I took a chance and called there. I asked if they had a lost and found. I explained there were 3 toiletry bags all in a white dishpan. And the lady said, yep, they're right here!

So I said I was headed to State College from north of Pittsburgh (on May 21) and I would swing by and pick them up. Two hours later they had them ready for me at the front desk. They said they were found in the lobby so I must of set them there when I was checking out. I thanked them for keeping them for me and they said they would have kept them there for 3 months.

I was happy to get the bags back. There were many dollars worth of bathroom items, not to mention a probably $40 electric razor in there. Oh, and I had a little bit of emergency cash in one of the side zipper pockets and it was all there too,

I appreciate the staff being so nice. I'm not saying other places would have just pitched my stuff after a few days, but I bet one or two would have. And I worried that that might have been the case this time. Luckily it was not.

West Bend, Wisconsin
Reviewed 10 May 2012

This is the first time I stayed at a Super 8 in over 20 years. I chose this because of the write-ups. The workers at the hotel were very friendly. The hotel and room was clean. It included a microwave and refrigerator. McDonalds, KFC/Taco Bell are within 100 yards of the hotel. The bed was comfortable and they had a flat screen TV. If you are a AARP or DAV member you get 20% off. Since we go out east several times a year I would stay there again with no reservations. The breakfast we did not eat, but it looked like your typical breakfast of waffles, donuts, bagels, etc

Elgin, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 8 May 2012

very friendly staff, clean and convenient off highway

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Alexandria, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 7 May 2012

The hotel was clean and most important - NO BED BUGS. Here are my pros and cons:

PROS:

1) The motel is set up so that all the rooms are inside the building rather than the balcony kind. That's better security.
2) I was able to park very close to the entrance. It was fairly well lit.
3) Nice location - right off the highway and near a gas station, Arbys, and McDonalds.
4) Clean. Rooms are a bit musty, but are indeed clean. I didn't see any bugs, including roaches, spiders, or the dreaded bed bugs (and I searched!)
5) The continental breakfast includes waffles and french toast.

CONS
1) The front desk actually signed someone in under my reservation and initially charged my card! When I arrived at 9pm, I was told I had already checked in. Obviously, I had not. The woman was able to take the charge off of my card. I still worried though this other desk received my personal information, even if the woman assured they would not have. Really, a simple name check would have shown it wasn't the right room.

2) Because the other guest took my room, they didn't have the queen I had ordered. I instead got 2 full beds. The woman did take $5 off.

3) Check out was very slow. The computer apparently wasn't working right, and it took between 10 to 15 minutes just to check out.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo