“Picture Perfect”
Review of Victorian Loft

Victorian Loft
Ranked #1 of 3 Clearfield B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 May 2012

I met a childhood friend at the Victorian Loft for a long weekend getaway. It was a wonderful stay. We stayed in the Loft Suite and loved it. It proved to be the perfect place to meet for two ladies who had forty years of catching up to do. The separate bedrooms and living area were perfect. The home is so beautifully maintained, warm, and inviting. And the food was absolutely phenomenal. Peggy made us feel so welcome. I'm so glad we chose the Victorian Loft, we really hated to leave!

Room Tip: Bring your appetite for a delicious breakfast!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Julie B
atleast10hats, Owner at Victorian Loft, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2012

Thank you for choosing our B&B and allowing us to provide the setting for the renewal of your childhood friendship. When you left on Sunday, I felt I was saying goodbye to old friends. I was sorry to see you go but happy to have had a small role in your reunion weekend.

Reviewed 6 May 2012

I met a friend who I hadn't seen in nearly 40 years at the Victorian Loft and it was the perfect place to relax and talk. This victorian home is beautifully maintained and decorated. The 3rd floor loft is spacious and just great for a family or 2-3 couples. Peggy is a very warm, friendly, welcoming hostess with a flair for mixing comfortable with beautiful and her breakfasts are extraordinary! When you finally have to leave (and we didn't want to!), you will feel you are saying goodbye to a new friend. Thanks, Peggy for a wonderful few days!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Debbie S

Thank you, Debbie. It was a pleasure to provide the setting for the reunion between you and Julie. I hated to see you leave...and hope to see you again.

Reviewed 30 November 2011

This B&B is well-run and welcoming. The owners have spent many years renovating the house in Clearfield, resulting in a beautiful B&B. The rates are fair, the breakfasts tasty and interesting, and the rooms are well appointed. My wife and I were pleasantly surprised to discover this gem in a small city in northwestern PA. We spent two nights there celebrating our wedding anniversary. We discovered two good restaurants within walking distance, Moena (an Italian spot) and Hedges (a bar/restaurant with a nice menu).
The B&B also has a pleasant setting on the West Branch of the Susquehanna River. We could have enjoyed a small deck overlooking the river had we chosen a warmer month. Lydia's Room overlooks the river with an unobstructed view.
Overall, a great stay at a wonderful B&B, run by hospitable owners. We loved it.

Room Tip: Lydia's room overlooked the river.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank William S
Reviewed 2 November 2011

I have been traveling with my work for over thirty-five years and, before now, have never stayed at a B&B. At the recommendation of a friend I stayed at the Victorian B&B. I am so glad that I did. I really enjoyed it. It was not just a stay, it was an experience. Tim and Peggy made you feel like it was your home. The place is absolutely beautiful inside and out. And the breakfast was wonderful. You won't get this kind of breakfast just anywhere. The Durants are wonderful folks and I highly recommend staying at their B&B. If you get a chance and you want something different, stay with them. And the prices are very reasonable as well.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Perry R
atleast10hats, Owner at Victorian Loft, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2011

Thank you, Perry. We hope your first B&B experience is not your last! We loved hosting your visit and appreciate that you took the time to write a review about your experience. Best regards, Peggy

Reviewed 17 October 2011

I live in the area where the Victorian Loft is located and have arranged for my family members, when visiting, to stay there - accommodations are excellent with plenty of charm, the breakfasts are super, and the host and hostess are wonderful. Their knowledge of the area and places to visit is really beneficial for anyone staying there - being from this area, I was surprised at what I didn't know! I highly recommend anyone contemplating a trip here to book their accommodations with Peggy at the Victorian Loft.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Patricia M
Reviewed 7 October 2011

I have stayed at excellent B&Bs from New York to Napa, California, and the Victorian Loft tops my list of favorites! My cousin and I have stayed there several times and my husband and I have also visited. The accommodations and breakfasts are wonderful! "Lydia's Room" is the epitome of comfort, with two large comfy beds, lovely Victorian decor, and a bath arrangement that is, in itself, worth the trip. Home made fruit juices, fresh fruit, luscious baked goods (the aroma scents the air every evening when we arrive 'home'), local meats, and beautiful souffles, stuffed French toast, and other equally stunning entrees, make every morning a delight. My last stay of 4 nights was much too short. I'm glad we have family in the area and can anticipate many happy returns to Peggy and Tim's hospitality!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Mary K
Reviewed 14 September 2011

We stayed at the Victorian loft on the way back from a wedding. We arrived late at night and our lovely host made us feel so much at home. The upstairs loft is HUGE. 3 bedrooms and a kitchen and huge jet tub made us feel like we had all the space we needed for a true rest.

I just loved the breakfast. So healthy. She presses fruit from her backyard into healthy juice. She made a fantastic fruit salad, wonderful homemade bread, and her own plum jam. Very cozy and wonderfully charming.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clearfield
Best Western Plus Clearfield
The Inn at Narrows Creek
Super 8 Clearfield
Super 8 Clearfield
#2 of 9 in Clearfield

Been to Victorian Loft? Share your experiences!