“Such a wonderful stay”
Review of Victorian Loft

Victorian Loft
Ranked #1 of 3 Clearfield B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Stayed there for one night during our weekend fall foliage tour in PA Wilds. I haven't been writing reviews recently even for some pretty enjoyable stays, but our weekend spent with Victorian Loft has been so exceptionally pleasant that it would be a shame not to share it. Everything has been just wonderful from the beginning to the end. We arrived earlier then previously scheduled, and within a few minutes, Tim made it back to welcome us in. The house is nothing but exquisite, it is very well-kept, and the yesteryear furniture, decorations and dolls are surprisingly delicate and adorable. We were very warmly welcomed and Tim showed us our suit on the loft, which is cozy and lovely. There is literally everything you would have at home. TV, stereos, shelves of books, movie tapes, game boards, and even a record player. We found a Chinese checker set in pure surprise and excitement, and had a really good time playing it. The bed is very comfortable, and sleeping quality at night is great. In the morning we enjoyed an savory homemade breakfast prepared by Peggy - juicy sausage, fluffy blueberry pancake and fresh juice. On the table, we had a quite enjoyable conversation with Peggy and a couple from Lancaster, PA. It's just the perfect way to relax on a Sunday morning - have a nice breakfast and chat a little bit with your friends. In addition to that, Peggy has been very nice and informative giving us suggestions about the destinations around, which made our trip simply better. If we are to to visit the area again, we will be so looking forward to staying there again.

Room Tip: The loft suit is superb for a group of 4-5 friends to stay together
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank xyangt
atleast10hats, Owner at Victorian Loft, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Hi, Yang - Wow! What a nice review....I know how much time it takes to compose a review which reflects what you wish to convey. I very much appreciate your detailed contribution. You paint a delightful word picture of your visit.

Meeting you and your friends and hosting your visit was a real treat for Tim and I also. You were all so happy and so much fun - your exuberance made everyone smile! The other guests clearly enjoyed the breakfast conversation, as did I. I hope to see you again if your travels bring you to or through the Pennsylvania Wilds! Clearfield County is "Halfway to Everywhere" with "Backwoods, Backroads and Backwaters" awaiting exploration. Thank you again so much!

Peggy

Reviewed 22 September 2013

My husband and I were lucky to have located the Victorian Loft Bed & Breakfast in Clearfield, PA. We wanted to stop about halfway across Pennsylvania on our trip from Columbus, Ohio to New York State. Our stay at the Victorian Loft was very pleasant. The house is beatifully kept and furnished with lovely antiques and all necessary modern amenities. Our hostess, Peg Durant, was charming and a font of information about local and regional items of interest. The breakfast she made was great. She was able to meet our specific dietary needs without any problem: my husband is a vegan, and I must avoid dairy, wheat and chocolate. The beds were comfortable.The price of lodging was reasonable. One important note: you must be able to climb stairs. We highly recommend this B & B.

Room Tip: Lydia's room has two beds and a private balcony off the bathroom.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
atleast10hats, Owner at Victorian Loft, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Hi, Pat - I appreciate your recent contribution to Trip Advisor reviews for our B&B. When a guest has dietary restrictions, it provides an opportunity for me to explore creative, and hopefully, tasty ways to meet those requirements while still serving a memorable breakfast. It appears from your review that the result was successful.

We love sharing our home with guests....and when they appreciate the Victorian ambiance as well as the modern comfort, it is doubly rewarding. Thank you for taking time to write such a thoughtful review. I hope you will come back if your travels bring you to or through the Pennsylvania Wilds in the future!

Peggy Durant

Reviewed 19 August 2013

My second stay at Peggy's Victorian Loft. Its a special place right by the river. Quiet and unique. Every room in the house is warm and filled with hand-made lines by Peggy. I stayed there last December and now with the summer weather, the area is filled with green and blooming flowers. The morning breakfasts and company are what make this Bed and Breakfast worth the trip. I'll be back!

Room Tip: I've stayed on the third floor because I've been there on work and like to spread out and ha...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
atleast10hats, Owner at Victorian Loft, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2013

I'm so glad you enjoyed your recent stay - now you have experienced both winter and summer along the West Branch of the Susquehanna River! Only two more seasons to go!

It is always a pleasure to host return guests and you especially brightened our week with your cheerful and enthusiastic presence! We look forward to seeing you again if your travels bring you to or through the PA Wilds! Thank you for taking time to submit your kind review. It is appreciated!

Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

Arrived for a family reunion to discover a Beautiful house....warm , gracious hosts....home made breakfast ... Delicious... Accommodating...clean...
.historic...if I missed anything you will discover it for yourself

• Stayed: August 2013
atleast10hats, Owner at Victorian Loft, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2013

Visitors who are coming for a family get together are among our favorite guests. You, your siblings and spouses coming from three states once again affirmed our county's tourism slogan "Halfway to Everywhere". After such a long separation, your reunion was filled with much laughter, moments of absolute hilarity and entertaining story telling. Thanks for letting me share in some of your family history and fun. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay - I certainly did as well. Thank you for your kind review.

Reviewed 23 May 2013

We just spent another wonderful night at our favorite B&B! It really is like 'home away from home!' It was great to see Peggy again, to stay in our favorite 'Lydia's Room,' to enjoy the smell of luscious baking when we came in at night, and to savor that baking along with all the other wonderful breakfast items. Pear pancakes? Who knew? Freshly made fruit juice, a huge bowl of fresh fruit, local sausage, chocolate-cherry-almond coffeecake (so that was the marvelous smell last night!). Coffee, tea, whatever you prefer. Everything served on vintage china with vintage linens. How we wanted to stay more than one night! This was my fifth or sixth stay at the Victorian Loft and my husband's second. There will be many more, we hope! It's the best! Thanks, Peggy!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
atleast10hats, Owner at Victorian Loft, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2013

It is always a pleasure to host your visits. I am very appreciative of you taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. Your review is apparently being read as I had a request for pear pancakes shortly after it was posted! Thank you. I look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

If some occasion brings you to this part of PA, there is a place to stay that will add to your enjoyment and that is this treasure of a small Inn. The Victorian Loft is not a wanna be, it is the real deal. Authentic architecture and artifacts plus outstanding service is what will greet you. Do yourself a favor and book a room.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Tiorati
Reviewed 18 September 2012

Peggy is a charming and attentive host in her delightful home. Immaculate, comfortable and spacious with everything you need taken care of plus thoughtful additional touches such as home made chocolate chip cookies. The breakfast was superb - sausages from a local farm, pecan and banana pancakes and zucchini bread. This was our very best experience in a B&B and we would recommend staying more than one night if you can.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Carol K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clearfield
Best Western Plus Clearfield
#7 of 9 in Clearfield
Comfort Inn Clearfield
Comfort Inn Clearfield
#6 of 9 in Clearfield

Been to Victorian Loft? Share your experiences!