“great lodging, location and hospitality!”
Review of Victorian Loft

Victorian Loft
Ranked #1 of 3 Clearfield B&B and Inns
Montreal, Canada
“great lodging, location and hospitality!”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Great accommodations that suited our needs, as we were a party of six and we had the whole floor to ourselves.
Peggy was a great host and served a wonderful breakfast along with great coffee-which you have to ask her about!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
atleast10hats, Owner at Victorian Loft, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
The coffee is something I'm always willing to talk about - among other attractions of the PA Wilds! It is a special house blend specifically created for the only coffeehouse in Clearfield. I hope you will be back to share a few cups with us again. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for taking time to write a review of your time here.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Brossard, Canada
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Thank you Peggy, for an AMAZING stay, your gorgeous home, fantastic food and wonderful conversation. We had the entire third floor and felt like we were in our own home!!! The six of us slept VERY comfortably with the amazing ski lights open and a great breeze! Food was to die for, hostess was the mostest and EVERYTHING about the house was PERFECT!!! Your coffee was great and that breakfast was absolutely delicious!!! Being able to park in the driveway was a big bonus for us!!! Such a beautiful town, so historical, nice people and very cosy! We're planning next year's trip already, and everyone wants to go back!!!! We got to know you and feel as though we'd been friends for years! We arrived as guests, but we left as friends!!! And next time, we want to eat at your son's restaurant!!!! We'll be back!!!

Room Tip: If there's enough of you, THE ENTIRE THIRD FLOOR!!!!!! Feels like home! The two bedrooms up ther...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank brian l
atleast10hats, Owner at Victorian Loft, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Well the feeling is mutual. The other guests and I had such an enjoyable time talking with you and your friends - all motorcycling policemen from Canada. As I recall, you rode through a severe rainstorm on your way to Clearfield. It is impressive that you volunteer every Memorial Day with the Rolling Thunder event in our nation's capitol to honor our country's veterans. Thank you for doing that.

You are welcome to come back any time! I hope you can stay an extra night and explore the "Backwoods, Backroads, and Backwaters" of the PA Wilds.
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 22 April 2014

The Victorian Loft was a heavenly stay after our two nights of camping in Loleta, PA. It sits along side a beautiful river in a nice quiet location. The double Jacuzzi tub (that overlooks the river) was so relaxing, clean and delightful in the large sunlit bathroom. We could have lived just in the bathroom.

My boyfriend and I were in awe of the large loft, fun games and all the candy in every room. We were like two kids reliving our youth with the games and candy. It had such a home feel, quiet and I truly didn't want to leave. Peggy is such a gracious host and makes a delicious breakfast. She served pancakes, fruit, local Canadian bacon, pumpkin chocolate chip muffins and homemade juice. She was very accommodating to my gluten sensitivity and made me gluten free pancakes that were to die for, yum yum!

Peggy was engaging to converse with and was a superb guide of local attractions and history. She drew us a great map to Bilgers Rock and a local winery, stores and restaurants for us to enjoy after our stay. I truly wanted to stay another night. The Victorian Loft is a perfectly comfortable stay and worth every penny. I highly recommend the Victorian Loft if you love beautiful B&Bs with a personal homey touch.

Room Tip: The bed in the open middle room separated by a curtain was most comfortable for us. Just beware of...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
atleast10hats, Owner at Victorian Loft, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Thank you so much. You brought some sunshine to our Easter Sunday and Monday! I am glad you had time to visit a couple of nearby area attractions before you headed for home. I would love to have you come back as I have a list of some other "must-sees" that I am eager for you to experience should your travels bring you this way again! I very much appreciate the detailed review and am so pleased that you enjoyed your time at our B&B. It was a pleasure to host your visit to Clearfield. Take care and happy travels!
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 24 November 2013

We stayed here for one night at the loft. It could sleep up to 6 adults and had a nice living room with a kitchenette. Rooms were kept very clean and were comfortable. Location is just facing the river. If you prefer something different from a motel/hotel, this is the place to go. To me, the B&B is a place of interest in itself! The grand wooden staircase, the beautifully designed living and dining room etc... what more could you ask for? Best of all, the wonderful host, Peggy, who made our stay there more than what we could ask for. Her breakfast was great! At least we didn't have to eat the normal fast food breakfast for a day :) Keep it up Peggy!

Room Tip: If you are travelling in a party of 4 or more, go for the loft.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
atleast10hats, Owner at Victorian Loft, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Forgive me for not responding in a timely manner but somehow I missed seeing this review when it was published about six weeks after your stay. I appreciate the feedback about your visit and willingness to share your experience with other travelers. The best part of owning a bed and breakfast is meeting and talking with our guests. It is very interesting to learn about countries that we may never see in person. I do remember you as we do not often have guests from Singapore in our town. I appreciate that you found our B&B for your overnight stop in Clearfield.
Beijing, China
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Stayed there for one night during our weekend fall foliage tour in PA Wilds. I haven't been writing reviews recently even for some pretty enjoyable stays, but our weekend spent with Victorian Loft has been so exceptionally pleasant that it would be a shame not to share it. Everything has been just wonderful from the beginning to the end. We arrived earlier then previously scheduled, and within a few minutes, Tim made it back to welcome us in. The house is nothing but exquisite, it is very well-kept, and the yesteryear furniture, decorations and dolls are surprisingly delicate and adorable. We were very warmly welcomed and Tim showed us our suit on the loft, which is cozy and lovely. There is literally everything you would have at home. TV, stereos, shelves of books, movie tapes, game boards, and even a record player. We found a Chinese checker set in pure surprise and excitement, and had a really good time playing it. The bed is very comfortable, and sleeping quality at night is great. In the morning we enjoyed an savory homemade breakfast prepared by Peggy - juicy sausage, fluffy blueberry pancake and fresh juice. On the table, we had a quite enjoyable conversation with Peggy and a couple from Lancaster, PA. It's just the perfect way to relax on a Sunday morning - have a nice breakfast and chat a little bit with your friends. In addition to that, Peggy has been very nice and informative giving us suggestions about the destinations around, which made our trip simply better. If we are to to visit the area again, we will be so looking forward to staying there again.

Room Tip: The loft suit is superb for a group of 4-5 friends to stay together
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank xyangt
atleast10hats, Owner at Victorian Loft, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Hi, Yang - Wow! What a nice review....I know how much time it takes to compose a review which reflects what you wish to convey. I very much appreciate your detailed contribution. You paint a delightful word picture of your visit.

Meeting you and your friends and hosting your visit was a real treat for Tim and I also. You were all so happy and so much fun - your exuberance made everyone smile! The other guests clearly enjoyed the breakfast conversation, as did I. I hope to see you again if your travels bring you to or through the Pennsylvania Wilds! Clearfield County is "Halfway to Everywhere" with "Backwoods, Backroads and Backwaters" awaiting exploration. Thank you again so much!

Peggy
Bexley, Ohio
Reviewed 22 September 2013

My husband and I were lucky to have located the Victorian Loft Bed & Breakfast in Clearfield, PA. We wanted to stop about halfway across Pennsylvania on our trip from Columbus, Ohio to New York State. Our stay at the Victorian Loft was very pleasant. The house is beatifully kept and furnished with lovely antiques and all necessary modern amenities. Our hostess, Peg Durant, was charming and a font of information about local and regional items of interest. The breakfast she made was great. She was able to meet our specific dietary needs without any problem: my husband is a vegan, and I must avoid dairy, wheat and chocolate. The beds were comfortable.The price of lodging was reasonable. One important note: you must be able to climb stairs. We highly recommend this B & B.

Room Tip: Lydia's room has two beds and a private balcony off the bathroom.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
atleast10hats, Owner at Victorian Loft, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
Hi, Pat - I appreciate your recent contribution to Trip Advisor reviews for our B&B. When a guest has dietary restrictions, it provides an opportunity for me to explore creative, and hopefully, tasty ways to meet those requirements while still serving a memorable breakfast. It appears from your review that the result was successful.

We love sharing our home with guests....and when they appreciate the Victorian ambiance as well as the modern comfort, it is doubly rewarding. Thank you for taking time to write such a thoughtful review. I hope you will come back if your travels bring you to or through the Pennsylvania Wilds in the future!

Peggy Durant
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 19 August 2013

My second stay at Peggy's Victorian Loft. Its a special place right by the river. Quiet and unique. Every room in the house is warm and filled with hand-made lines by Peggy. I stayed there last December and now with the summer weather, the area is filled with green and blooming flowers. The morning breakfasts and company are what make this Bed and Breakfast worth the trip. I'll be back!

Room Tip: I've stayed on the third floor because I've been there on work and like to spread out and ha...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
atleast10hats, Owner at Victorian Loft, responded to this review, 20 August 2013
I'm so glad you enjoyed your recent stay - now you have experienced both winter and summer along the West Branch of the Susquehanna River! Only two more seasons to go!

It is always a pleasure to host return guests and you especially brightened our week with your cheerful and enthusiastic presence! We look forward to seeing you again if your travels bring you to or through the PA Wilds! Thank you for taking time to submit your kind review. It is appreciated!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clearfield
Best Western Plus Clearfield
#5 of 9 in Clearfield
Hampton Inn Dubois
Hampton Inn Dubois
#2 of 10 in DuBois

Been to Victorian Loft? Share your experiences!