“Jim”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Clearfield
Reviewed 17 February 2012

We were traveling to Clearfield to visit my grandmother who was sick. Made the reservations on line. Then found out that grandma was getting worse so I called and talked to Jim and he was awesome while trying to talk I broke down and he was so patient and understanding. Told me to take my time to get to where I could talk. He changed my reservation and got me a better rate than on line. Told me he would keep the room if we needed to come in early or change it for any reason. Well we had to change it... grandma didnt make it before we got in to see her. Had to change reservation again. Best part of the entire experience was how thoughtful Jim was. Then after we left my daughter forgot her bear and when I called Jim he had it and was just waiting for my phone call to see where to ship it. He made this bad experience more tolerable. Thank you Jim

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Diane M
There are newer reviews for Rodeway Inn

Reviewed 30 March 2011

We arrived here very late and were towing a popup camper. The manager helped us find a spot to park it. Our room was large but somewhat drab/dingy although not exactly dirty. The bathroom fan was extremely noisy...I rely on those for "white noise" and this was far too loud for that. The biggest problem was that this place was not near the freeway, at least not the way we were directed when we called, and we got lost and had to call 3 times before we found it. However, for the price, that was ok. The breakfast was coffee and donut holes and bananas - that's it. Not sure if I'd stay here again...I'd probably check around first.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank vagabondmom1
rodewayinnclearfield, Webmaster at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2014

Dear Guest,

You’ll be pleased to know that we’ve improved every aspect of this property since your stay, including the free breakfast. We’re now better than ever and involved in a continuous improvement process that means we’ll always continue to improve rather than decline. We look forward to having you with us again soon.

Reviewed 23 September 2010

I grew up and lived the majority of my life in Clearfield Pa. In all the years I've lived there, I always had the thought the Roadway Inn wasn't such a great hotel. Probably because it wasn't a Holiday Inn or something along those lines.

This past weekend I returned to Clearfield to spend the time with my very sick grandmother. I travel a lot and am a member of Choice Privilages. I chose this hotel because it only cost me 6000 accumulated points to stay and I forsee needing to return quite often due to my grandmothers health.

To my surprise this hotel was very decent. The room was a good size, water pressure was great, and had a fridge and microwave in the room. We arrived around 3 AM on Saturday morning and the hotel was under the impression we were checking out that day. They let us sleep in without bothering us which was really nice. Wireless Internet worked great and had very good signal.

The hotel is located in a good area, not right in the middle of the industrial park, but not far from restaurants and such.

My fiance who hates staying in hotels was very happy with this hotel and we agree that from now on when we return we will always stay here. This hotel is the best deal you're going to get in the area.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your kind comments. I’m so pleased that you would stay with us again, and I hope you have the opportunity to do that soon. We take pride in this hotel and its amenities and sincerely appreciate the opportunity to serve you. I’m glad we could satisfy you, as we do so many others each day. Thanks again for your pleasant feedback.

Reviewed 8 April 2010

We stayed at this hotel for one night while traveling through the area. The room was a decent size and could have used some updating. It wasn't dirty just a little dingy. The bed wasn't very comfortable and from our room you could hear some street noise but it wasn't too bad with the a/c on. The continental breakfast left much to be desired. They had coffee, mini donuts and packaged mini muffins. There's a Burger King and a McDonald's right before you get on Route 80 though so we just stopped and got breakfast on our way out.

The one thing I didn't like was when we checked out they just had a little bin to drop your room card in. There wasn't anyone there to give us a receipt and I was a little worried about leaving my card where anyone could walk in and grab it. But we were in a hurry and didn't feel like standing around to see if/when someone would come and check us out. I checked my statement and was charged the right amount though.

Overall it was ok for one night and the price was low. Next time I'll look around and pay a little more for a place that includes a better continental breakfast and maybe a more comfortable bed.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m glad you enjoyed some aspects of your stay and am trouble that you were not entirely satisfied. I apologize if we let you down in any ways. Fortunately, we’re always changing and improving and have made many upgrades since this stay. I hope you’ll try us again when you get a chance.

Reviewed 26 October 2009

this hotel cost us $40 for the night w/a roadside travel coupon and it was a super value. the mgr was really nice, the room was clean and quiet w/new carpet. beds/pillows not bad. we thought it was a great short-term hotel.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 November 2008

I don't know why some reviewers are bent out of shape about this place, because it was at least half the price of everywhere else we tried to book! And that was with a corporate rate for a group of workers staying in the area for a survey. We stayed here another time also (October 08) and were so pleased with the price we came back. The manager was very gracious and the rooms perfect for what we needed - a clean room, fridge, (microwave in the lobby, was fine), really fast free WiFi - and all at a good price. Other chains up the road and as far away as St. Mary's were all in the $80+ range. Nothing fancy... but everything works. The beds are comfy, the water pressure is good, the internet is fast and reliable (something that rarely happens even in the higher-end Comfort or Holiday Inns!) and it isn't too far out of the way. We will definitely come back if we have more work in the area.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 22 August 2008

RUDE, RUDE, RUDE! I only gave it one star because I had too. My husband stayed at this hotel while working in the area. We have NEVER been treated so poorly! The owner/manager treated us like we were lower than dirt. We stayed a couple nights without any problems - then we went to check in and he told us our towels were 'too dirty' and we needed to clean up before we showed up. Are you kidding me???? Isn't that the reason you go to a hotel is to clean up??? Let's face it - this isn't the Hilton, it is a $40 per night place to shower and sleep. I have contacted the company and the BBB. The company told me the would speak to the manager of the hotel and notify of the issues. Big joke seeing as how the manager IS the owner. I got a letter from the company stating that they contacted the hotel and I would receive a letter from the owner/mananger within 7-10 days with a reply. As of 2 weeks - I have yet to hear a word. We will NEVER stay there again and will do our best to make sure no one else that we know will stay there to be treated so poorly!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Dear Guest,

I’m terribly sorry that you were displeased with your stay with us. We’ve changed nearly every aspect of this hotel since this stay years ago and are now better than ever. That include many staffing changes. I challenge you to try us again and see what you’ve been missing. You’ll enjoy your experience with us this us, I’m certain.