“Wonderful in every way!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clearfield
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Clearfield
New York
“Wonderful in every way!”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I arrived at the hotel with my disabled husband in his wheelchair and my car packed with his walker, luggage and a ton of other stuff. When I checked in, the woman at the desk asked if I needed help. Of course I did, and she quickly summoned a young man for me. He unloaded the car, brought everything up to our room and put things where I wanted them. When we left, the whole procedure was reversed with the man bringing all our items down from the room. He even packed the car for me. I thanked everyone involved, but I'd like to thank them again here publicly. This is without doubt the most "disabled friendly" hotel I've ever stayed at.

The room was spotlessly clean and comfortable. Every amenity you could want is included. Lots of nice towels, great pillows on the beds, free in-room Wi-Fi. The free breakfast was more than adequate; it was sumptuous compared with other hotel breakfasts we've had in the past.

But still, the best thing was the friendliness and helpfulness of everyone on the staff. They show genuine concern for their guests. I would give this hotel and its entire staff more than five stars if I could. Thank you again, Holiday Inn Express Clearfield!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank judykudz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
North Street, MI
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Beautiful new hotel, service so good, we rewarded the desk clerk with a coveted TripAdvisor pin, which she wore proudly. These weary travelers couldn't have been greeted more warmly or enthusiastically. Hotel is tucked back in with another hotel, the sign at the main road a bit hard to see as it is smaller than I expected, but being set back off the main road allowed for a quiet night.
Everything was perfect for us and we slept soundly. Snacks and drinks (nonalcoholic) were waiting for us in the lobby when we arrived. We will be repeat customers when travel takes us through Clearfield again. As loyalty members and AAA members, our cost was $92.65 for a king room.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank 206JanF
Fairview, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 10 May 2014

I made a reservation here for graduation weekend for Penn State. I was able to secure a room in State College a week before graduation. I was told when I made the reservation that I had up until 6:00 the day of arrival to cancel, but found out that they had already charged me for the room upon reserving and there was a no refund policy. I spoke with the GM who suggested she could move my reservation to another day. I told her I had no need to stay in Clearfield. So I'm out the room charge. I promised the GM I will tell a minimum of 100 people of my experience and the sleazy way they do business. I canceled my Holiday Inn membership and will never stay at another Holiday Inn ever.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Tom L
ExpressGM16830, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clearfield, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
I am terribly sorry to hear of any inconvenience you had experienced upon reserving the Book Early & Save - Advance Purchase Rate. We certainly appreciate your feedback as this helps us to prosper. The Book Early & Save - Advance Purchase Rate is a restricted rate offered through an online booking source when the guest books their reservation at a minimum of 7 days prior to their desired date of arrival. While this type of booking does offer a deeper discounted rate, it also does required full prepayment for the entire stay at time of booking is and non-refundable if cancelled or modified per the terms and conditions that must be checked and agreed upon by the guest at the time of booking.

Certain restrictions, such as cancelation fees or full prepayment, apply to these restricted rates. While we certainly regret any inconvenience this may have caused, refunds for this type of rate cannot be processed to the deposit paid due to the terms originally agreed to at the time of booking. Due to the circumstances, we were more than happy to accommodate your reservation to another arrival date of your choosing so you would not forfeit the deposit paid for the reservation.

All IHG branded hotels offer an array of non-restricted rates in addition to the restricted rates which may be booked with the hotels directly or through an online source such as Best Flexible Rate, AAA, AARP, or IHG Bonus Points Packages in which do not require any deposit or prepayment and can be cancelled without penalty up until the hotel's local cancellation time.

We hope that you will reconsider and plan to visit to the Clearfield area and our new hotel and experience what both have to offer!
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 10 May 2014

This was a new hotel and we had booked before we left Canada. Always read Trip Advisor 1st and w/great reviews we had no worries. The room was very nice wifi large flat screen TV King size bed. Breakfast was good. Didn't have enough time to swim and too cold for the great outdoor seating patio area. Would stay again. Front desk referred us to a local restaurant called Denny's great place food was awesome. Like the area at lobby w/water, drinks snacks nice touch.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank SunseekersToronto
Comstock Park, Michigan
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Less than a year old. Efficient & quick, friendly check-in. Love the mini table sitting area in our room. Fantastic warm breakfast with friendly welcoming staff. Will return when in the area again. Highly recommend!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Teresa L
Pine Island, New York
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Open for 9 months. Everything is on great shape. Nice rooms, nice shower, nice pillows! Thermostat on wall (not on heat/AC unit). Reading light over each side of bed. Plenty of plugs for charging phones and computers. Good wireless. Nice breakfast. Definitely a good place to stay on I80 in PA.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Rjwirish
hanover twp
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

Hotel is beautiful. Close to the interstate. We stayed for one night and I forgot my husband's swim suit but walmart was only about 5 minutes away. Staff was very friendly. I would definitely stay again. Only thing we didn't like is the indoor pool was pretty cold.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ceppa121803
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clearfield
Best Western Plus Clearfield
Comfort Suites DuBois
Comfort Suites DuBois
#1 of 10 in DuBois
Homewood Suites by Hilton DuBois

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clearfield? Share your experiences!