“Not dog friendly”

Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Clearfield
Key West, Florida
“Not dog friendly”
Reviewed 27 June 2012

Needed a place that accepted dogs and it seems that in Clearfield this is it. They advertise that there 'MAY' be a charge. Well I am here to tell you there 'is' a charge $15 extra on a $40 room. I also asked for a non smoking room and all they had left was a smoking room. No question that if you want a no frills motel, this is it. Room was clean but did smell. Water was ok after we let the water run out of the pipes. They advertised breakfast but never mentioned at checking and I forgot to ask. Most likely would not have eaten there anyway. Because of the horific pet charge, I will not stay there again. At least they should have been honest and up front. That really bothered me and they lost my trust

Room Tip: Get there early so you can get a non smoking room and closer to the well so your water does not have...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Al M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Northeast
Reviewed 16 August 2011

We spent three nights at this property in July, 2011. The owners were very friendly and they really made every effort to be accommodating. When we made our reservation, we requested a refrigerator and a microwave Both items were setup and ready for us when we arrived. That being said, here are a few of my "other" comments. Many of the guest rooms open directly to the outside parking lot. We were in a small section that has guest rooms which open into an interior corridor. Several room air conditioners vent into that interior corridor so it was hot and stuffy walking through it when those A/C units were in use. In order to stay here, my husband and I went to the local walmart where I purchased cleaning supplies and gave the entire room a good cleaning, including washing the walls. I folded up the bedspreads and tucked them away - they did not get used during our visit. I did not sit in the chairs in our room, as they were upholstered and I did not have any upholstery cleaner. Had our room chairs been vinyl, I would have been able to clean them. During our stay, the property was occupied by many construction workers. Some brought their chairs outside of their rooms to hang out in the parking lot. On our first day, after checking in and seeing our room, we walked over to the nearby Rodeway Inn and asked to see one of their rooms. We then tried to relocate to that hotel, but they were unable to accommodate us for the three nights. If we return to Clearfield, we will not return to the Budget Inn.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank FactualReviewer

Travellers are raving about these Clearfield hotels

Falconer NY
Reviewed 24 May 2010

The mian office was not comforting at all! it smelt worse then a high school boys locker room. The customer service was not good at all He said let me know if you need anything then he dissappered untill it was time for us to pay. Our room Smelled like human urine, we actually found the nearest walmart and picked up our own cleaning supplies to make it alittle safer and pleasing to stay at cause we couldnt find the main desk guy. Two people had to sleep in our own sleeping bags cause of a stain on the sheets that we found. bathroom was pretty clean which was a good thing cause we were not going to be able to shower the next two days cause of our canoe trip. only one plug to charge stuff and that had the lamp and fridge plugged in. We finally unplugged the fridge cause it didnt not keep anything cold at all so we had to go buy ice. It worked for the night we stayed in it, I have stayed in other truck stops ansd thought the pictures looked nice so we tried it i dont think i will return next year when we stay again in clearfield. I got online and thought that 45 dollars was a good deal but in the end he ended up charging 61 dollars plus what we had to buy at walmart to clean it up ourselves. I tried to figure out why the price was higher then expected and tried to explain to him why we had to spend more money to clean up but i couldnt understand his english at all so i just bit the bullet and paid it knowing it was a nice lesson for upcoming canoe trips in Clearfield PA.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank Dohl73
Pittsburgh area
Reviewed 8 October 2009

We went to a nearby amusement park and needed to stay 1 night. We are a family of 5 with a 13, 11 and 7 yr old children. We happend to be going through when the little leage world series was in town and could not book a room at a bigger well know hotel unless we paid top buck. (which we were not willing to do)

We found this motel in the value deal booklet at a rest stop. We spent something like $50 or $55 for 2 double beds in a room. Which was the cheapest deal we could find. It may not look as nice as a well known hotel chain, but for the value it was well worth it. The room was out of date with the furniture in it. But the biggest concern for me is is it clean. The answer is YES. I really wanted to take a bath and if was not a clean bathroom, I would not have done so. There was a tv with plenty of channels and nothing was broken. It was a basic room that covered the need to be able to have a good night sleep and get clean in the morning. We were very satisfied that the basics were covered.

They did have a complimentary breakfast that consisted of doughnuts, muffins, OJ and coffee. You could have as much as you wanted and they replenished promptly when something ran low. This is not my preferred kind of breakfast, but I was very thankful it was there and just another way we were able to save money from our trip.

So if you are looking to not spend a ton of money or in our case....just save some and you just want the basics......this is a great find for the value.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
Michigan
Reviewed 5 September 2008

For $42 a night and pet friendly, I cannot complain. The room is clean. There is a TV but no microwave/fridge. Two pieces of soap provided in bathroom, no shampoo/conditioner/hair-dryer, you better bring your own. Free wireless internet (unsecured). Plenty of parking in front of the rooms. I don't mind staying here again if I need a place to sleep when passing by. Don't stay here if you've expectation for a fancy hotel.

• Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Mellotune
rodewayinnclearfield, Webmaster at Budget Inn Clearfield, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us during your visit to our area.

Thank you again for your review and have taken the observations for further improvement.

We have taken steps to check and ensure the overall amenities and cleanliness of the rooms.

We would like to invite you to once again choose the Rodeway Inn during your next visit and have a delightful experience.

Hotel Manager.
Virginia
Reviewed 27 May 2008

My son and I reserved two rooms, based on the reviews on this website, Our experience was not that pleasant. First, the manager(s) WERE pleasant and helpful. The rooms were clean, but barely adequate. The microwave in one room didn't work; the heaters in both bathrooms were broken. There were two small lamps in my room; when we left, one couldn't be turned off, the other couldn't be turned on.

There was no place in the bathroom to put toiletries except the top of the toilet. No complimentary shampoo, conditioner, tissues, etc.; the amenities were confined to a small bar of soap. There was no electrical outlet in the bathroom .

The complimentary "continental breakfast" consisted of a pot of coffee, a bottle of Sunny D and a box labelled "snacks".

I am partially disabled. There was no grab bar in the tub to help me get out, so I grabbed the shelf molded into the back wall, To my dismay, the whole back wall moved. It was a molded sheet of plastic attached to the wall only around the edges. I believe I could have easily pulled it down.

We discovered that there were rooms below ours (the motel was split-level at the back) which were a complete wreck - totally uninhabitable. I am amazed that the building was not condemned.

Stayed May 2008
NYC
Reviewed 10 May 2007

Traveling across the country by myself, I stayed overnight here and could not believe what a great value it was. The managers were very helpful and pleasant; the room was quite clean and everything in working order, including the bathroom (which had a full bathtub). The room had a microwave and fridge (both brand new) and the TV got TONS of cable channels. Plus there was free wireless access. These are the only things I need to be happy. Room was small and plain, but for $36 this was definitely the best deal I've ever gotten on a motel. Convenient to route 80. Give these people your business!!!

• Liked — room accessories for value
  • Disliked — Locks on doors seemed very very old
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank sunshine7011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clearfield
Rodeway Inn
#4 of 9 in Clearfield
Hampton Inn Dubois
Hampton Inn Dubois
#2 of 10 in DuBois

Been to Budget Inn Clearfield? Share your experiences!