“Great burger & beer variety”

Denny's Beer Barrel Pub
Ranked #1 of 36 Restaurants in Clearfield
Price range: US$8 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Kids, Local cuisine, Cheap Eats, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Description: This is Denny's Beer Barrel Pub, that's right, the Denny's Beer Barrel Pub that is known for the "World's Largest Hamburger Challenges" and where it all began. What started with a two pound hamburger challenge with homemade buns baked in a coffee can, has now turned into a world famous event. "The Ye Olde 96er" is what really boosted Denny's Beer Barrel Pub into fame and has since been featured on The Food Network, Travel Channel, Tony Danza Show, Good Morning America, Today Show, David Letterman's Top 10, and Country Fried Home Videos on the Country Music Channel. While our two pound burgers are what bring people in, the quality of our daily food is what keeps them coming back. Our menu offers more than just burgers and includes more than 46 different types of wings and several delicious appetizers that are sure to satisfy any appetite. Be sure to wash your food down with one our more than 30 beers on tap including more than 20 craft and local brews. The staff at Denny's Beer Barrel Pub would like to welcome you to Clearfield and invite you to visit us and all our community has to offer.
Denver, Pennsylvania
“Great burger & beer variety”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

Most traveling through this area would miss Denny's but it is known for its great burgers and selection of beers. Also been on TV for the competition sized burgers. For a small town this place is always busy and is a favorite of the locals.
Have never been disappointed when dining here. Casual atmosphere, can be noisy, but also fun place to bring guests. Just don't order a water- they charge for bottled water which is somewhat unusual. Service level can vary also; be prepared to wait for food when busy.

• Visited November 2013

Painesville, Ohio
“Very Good Local Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

A very good place if you are looking for a locally owned place to eat. I always enjoy trying new restaurants. Denny's was recommended to us by our hotel staff and they drew us in when they talked about the several page menu. I got their Angus Burger which states it is their leanest burger. They were right, it had little flavor but their menu description was honest. The other 3 people with me enjoyed their burgers. We saw one guy eating for a burger challenge and it seemed overwhelming to me. I hope he won..lol. This place is out if the way so you will need directions to find it but all in all, I would eat here again and I recommend Denny's if you are looking for a large menu and a locally owned non-chain restaurant. Their menu is on-line if you want to view it before going.

Visited November 2013
Hebron, Kentucky
“Out of the way Irish Pub”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

.Well known locally. Hidden on a side road, off Rte. 322, Rustic looking, but good Irish food and great beer selection. Very busy and the wait can be long, but worth it.

• Visited October 2013
Randolph, Massachusetts
“An experience”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

We traveled here while visiting my in-laws who live about an hour away. We went with my sister-in-law and three her three kids. There was about 20 minute wait. The burgers were average but the excitement was the real draw, with people trying to do the restaurants burger challenges. I was glad for the experience of going here after seeing it on TV. If you are looking for some where unique, try it here, but if you are expecting an amazing burger they are just average. I will probably visit here again when my daughter is older.

• Visited April 2013
Pennsylvania
“Love this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

I pretty much love everything about this place. The atmosphere is good, and their food is great. The burgers and sandwiches are generally outstanding. Their wings are quite good, as well. Their beer selection is pretty amazing (extensive and diverse), especially considering the rural area that it's in. I don't go very often because I'm not very close, but I love to go when I get the chance.

Visited August 2013