“Great Weekend” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Clearfield
Maumee, Ohio
“Great Weekend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2011

We were just there for the Penn State/Purdue weekend. I am so glad that we choose this hotel. When we first got our tickets we looked in state college and the rates were so high. The nice guy at the Hampton Inn State College is the one who recommened this hotel for us. Everything was perfect! Loved the extra touches, everything was clean and fresh! We will make sure that we recommend this place to all of friends and family that will be traveling to state college to visit our children! Thank You Hampton INN!!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Andover, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2011

Providing you eat out, the hotel is very clean and comfortable.
Likely to be busy, as the area is experiencing a boom with the discovery of Natural gas in the region.

The hotel room was spacious and clean and made a very welcome place to be after a long drive from Harrisburg having flown in from the UK via New York....

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Manhasset, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2011

Went up to Penn State for Parents and Families Weekend. The town was packed and the local hotels really jacked up the prices of the rooms. It was difficult to even find vacancies in town. We booked this hotel that was a 50 minute ride away from State College. While the local Hampton Inn wanted to charge us $200 - $300 per night, this Hampton Inn charged us $116 per night (AAA rate). What a great value. Free high speed wireless internet in our room, complimentary hot/cold breakfast, heated indoor pool and really comfortable bedding.

The hotel was built in 2007 and sports an attractive decor with nicely maintained facilities. The rooms were clean and nicely decorated. The bathroom had a marble topped vanity, ample hooks and a good array of amenities. The room also had a microwave, mini refrigerator, a lapdesk and an ergonomic desk. The bed was quite comfortable and we slept well. The kids and hubby enjoyed making their own waffles at breakfast. The area was clean and everything was well stocked. I was happy with the fresh fruit salad, my kids were thrilled with the sausage and cereal and my hubby was pleased with the baked goods. We even got to enjoy a swim in the pool with out youngest daughter and even though it wasn't that hot it was clean and decently maintained.

The only drawback to the stay turned out to be some odd technical difficulties. The TV in the fitness center kept shutting off while I was on the treadmill. After I called the front desk, the manager on duty told me it was "some sort of a mechanical glitch". It was frustrating to try and re-start the TV when it kept turning off. Getting me to work out is hard enough without having to try and figure out technical problems! Then, the telephone in our hotel room randomly rang throughout the night startling the whole family out of our slumber. Again, when I approached the manager on duty, she told me that they had no way of tracking (due to privacy laws) to see whether the calls were from a misbehaving child or a mechanical problem. Even though they were very friendly and courteous I didn't get the impression that either of these problems were going to be addressed anytime soon.

I must say that this hotel offers great value and if you are in the area you won't be disappointed...but just don't be surprised if you encounter some glitches.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Springfield, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2011

The hotel is conveniently located right off the freeway. It has plenty of parking and extremely nice clerks. The room was nice and clean and the hotel appears new. Our room was comfortable and we enjoyed it. Breakfast was very good as expected. I would stay here again for sure.

Room Tip: Try to get a view out the front.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2011

This is what you want from a Hampton Inn - a most pleasant room with free Internet and breakfast. The staff was very friendly and the hotel was extremely convenient off of Route 80 and near numerous stores and restaurants.

Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Akron
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2011

I was on my way to a meeting at State College, PA, but, couldn't find a room at a price I wanted to pay within town for that week. Clearfield Hampton was right off of I-80, quick in and out, and I love the Hampton product. The hotel was clean, the room updated, the lobby was crisp, the standard breakfast buffet allowed me to grab and run and get back on the road. They have shade blockers behind the curtain to block the sun, and bathroom was updated with a walk in shower. If you stay here, not many dinner options nearby, so I suggest driving the ten minutes into town and for dinner, checks out Moenas, and for a quick beer on the patio, Dingers, was a great place to relax.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Dallamjm
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2011

I bought tickets to a Penn State game for my boyfriend's birthday before getting a hotel room, which was a bad idea. I searched every hotel for a 2 night stay and couldn't find a thing. All the hotels closer (about 2 with vacancies) were $500.00 per night. Finally, I came across this hotel for about $100 with a King size bed and jacuzzi tub. I was thrilled, and surprised. We were about a 1/2 hour from state college, convenient to the Interstate. The hotel had a free continental breakfast, which was great. Our room was clean and had a jacuzzi tub right across from our bed. The staff was great and we had a wonderful time.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LovetheBeach821
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clearfield
BEST WESTERN PLUS Clearfield
#5 of 9 in Clearfield
Comfort Suites DuBois
Comfort Suites DuBois
#4 of 10 in DuBois

Been to Hampton Inn Clearfield? Share your experiences!