Hampton Inn Clearfield
US$101
US$118
US$88
BestWestern.com
Super 8 Clearfield(Clearfield)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$169
US$71
US$63
US$54
All reviewsroom was cleanstaff was friendlythe breakfast areaeasy accessrestaurants in the areaquiet locationcomplimentary breakfastthe east coastupon checkfront desk stafffair pricestate collegeoff the highwayoatmealking roomfitness centernew york
Reviewed 25 October 2011

We stayed at this hotel for a weekend getaway to go Elk watching in Benezette. We chose this hotel over the Holiday Inn because Hampton Inn is 100% non-smoking. The front desk staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The room was clean and we were pleasantly suprised to find a full size shower in the bathroom instead of a tub (when we asked about this, the staff said all king rooms have them, but other rooms do not). The bathroom was very modern- I would love to have that vanity in my house!

The only negative I had was for the breakfast they offered western omlets instead of scrambled eggs. The omlets were not good and were full of onions and peppers- limiting those who would actually eat them. But this is very minor and just a preference, so it does not detract from my 5 star rating.

Room Tip: If you don't have kids and want a giant shower, get a king room!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 October 2011

We chose this hotel since we wanted to visit Elk Country and needed to stay where we had Wifi and cell phone coverage. It was a great choice. The room was clean and large. We didn't take advantage of the wonderful whirlpool tub in the room, but the shower had great water pressure and the bathroom had plenty of towels and other amenities. We took a swim in the indoor pool. It didn't seem to be heated, but it was very refreshing. The front desk was very helpful in recommending restaurants in the area. There are not alot of restaurant choices, but we can have fine dining at home. The complimentary breakfast was fine the next morning. I had plenty of healthy choices, and my husband enjoyed the hot entree. We would definetly stay again if we are in the area.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 October 2011

We were just there for the Penn State/Purdue weekend. I am so glad that we choose this hotel. When we first got our tickets we looked in state college and the rates were so high. The nice guy at the Hampton Inn State College is the one who recommened this hotel for us. Everything was perfect! Loved the extra touches, everything was clean and fresh! We will make sure that we recommend this place to all of friends and family that will be traveling to state college to visit our children! Thank You Hampton INN!!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 October 2011

Providing you eat out, the hotel is very clean and comfortable.
Likely to be busy, as the area is experiencing a boom with the discovery of Natural gas in the region.

The hotel room was spacious and clean and made a very welcome place to be after a long drive from Harrisburg having flown in from the UK via New York....

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 September 2011

Went up to Penn State for Parents and Families Weekend. The town was packed and the local hotels really jacked up the prices of the rooms. It was difficult to even find vacancies in town. We booked this hotel that was a 50 minute ride away from State College. While the local Hampton Inn wanted to charge us $200 - $300 per night, this Hampton Inn charged us $116 per night (AAA rate). What a great value. Free high speed wireless internet in our room, complimentary hot/cold breakfast, heated indoor pool and really comfortable bedding.

The hotel was built in 2007 and sports an attractive decor with nicely maintained facilities. The rooms were clean and nicely decorated. The bathroom had a marble topped vanity, ample hooks and a good array of amenities. The room also had a microwave, mini refrigerator, a lapdesk and an ergonomic desk. The bed was quite comfortable and we slept well. The kids and hubby enjoyed making their own waffles at breakfast. The area was clean and everything was well stocked. I was happy with the fresh fruit salad, my kids were thrilled with the sausage and cereal and my hubby was pleased with the baked goods. We even got to enjoy a swim in the pool with out youngest daughter and even though it wasn't that hot it was clean and decently maintained.

The only drawback to the stay turned out to be some odd technical difficulties. The TV in the fitness center kept shutting off while I was on the treadmill. After I called the front desk, the manager on duty told me it was "some sort of a mechanical glitch". It was frustrating to try and re-start the TV when it kept turning off. Getting me to work out is hard enough without having to try and figure out technical problems! Then, the telephone in our hotel room randomly rang throughout the night startling the whole family out of our slumber. Again, when I approached the manager on duty, she told me that they had no way of tracking (due to privacy laws) to see whether the calls were from a misbehaving child or a mechanical problem. Even though they were very friendly and courteous I didn't get the impression that either of these problems were going to be addressed anytime soon.

I must say that this hotel offers great value and if you are in the area you won't be disappointed...but just don't be surprised if you encounter some glitches.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family