“Very clean, convenient location”

Hampton Inn Clearfield
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Clearfield
Reviewed 18 May 2013

This hotel is located conveniently off of I-80 near Central PA. Everything was extremely clean, from the bathroom, lobby, gym, pool, room, etc. Breakfast had a good variety. Staff was friendly. Freshly baked cookies and coffee in the evening were a bonus. Appreciated having a refrigerator in the room. Internet worked well.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Brandy D
Karen M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Clearfield, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2013

Thank you for your kind comments about your recent stay at our property. I'm glad that you noticed all the hard work the staff does to keep the hotel clean, and their friendlness! Hopefully you'll have the chance to stay with us again in the future! Thanks again!

Reviewed 8 May 2013

The Hampton Inn was a very good choice for a 1 or 2 night stay during travel on the I-80 corridor in PA. The room was very clean and well kept. It was so nice to walk into the beautiful lobby after the long drive, to be greeted with coffee and a cookie! There were many breakfast options and the food served was freshly prepared and quite good. My only suggestion would be to increase the front desk staff so someone is always available for arriving guests. There was about a 10 min wait for us and another guest to check in. Overall, I would recommend a stay here and would seek out other Hampton Inns.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
2  Thank Barbara F
Karen M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Clearfield, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2013

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at our property. I'm glad that you enjoyed the new lobby, coffee and cookies.

I also understand your concern about having an employee greet you - Sometimes they get called away from the desk to help another guest, but I will be sure to review all of our procedures with our staff so we can work to avoid those type of absenses in the future. I'm sure as a traveler, being greeted with a smiling face really helps you feel at home when you come off the road!

Once again, thank you for your comments. I hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future!

Reviewed 8 April 2013

It was very pleasant, affordable, and staffs were all very friendly. It was easy to get to and easy access back onto the turnpike. Good breakfast in the morning after a comfortable room to sleep in. A short stop on the way home from a trip. Breaks up the drive through Pa very well.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Robert S
Karen M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Clearfield, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2013

Thank you for your kind comments about our hotel. I'm glad that you enjoyed our facilities and services, and hope that you will come see us again the next time you are in the Clearfield area!

Reviewed 31 March 2013

We were caught in a snow storm on I80, and we decided to stop for the rest of the day. We like Hampton Inns, and so we chose this property after exiting the highway. Since many of the Hampton Inns look alike, it was like "coming home". As expected, the rooms were large and well appointed, and breakfast was satisfactory. Unless we end up in a bad one, we will stick with our decision to stay at Hampton Inns.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank GEOHCleveland_OH
Karen M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Clearfield, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2013

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at our property. We like being a "home away from home" for our guests - especially when the weather is bad, I know it's a great feeling to get off the highway to a place you feel safe and comfortable. Thanks again for your kind comments - I hope you consider staying with us again the next time you are in the Clearfield area.

Reviewed 30 March 2013

After driving hours along Route 80,we decided to stop for the night. I called ahead to the hotel to make sure there were rooms available and spoke to Amber who was delightful and very helpful. We had the speediest check-in ever and were in our rooms in a flash. Amber then directed us to a variety of places where we could get a quick bite to eat. Hampton Inn is our first choice hotel everywhere, we love the consistency of the quality. This location was no exception. The fitness center was well-kept and the machines were properly maintained.

At breakfast we were again impressed with the staff - the woman in charge of the setup (did not get her name) brought us and everybody else, water bottles and breakfast mints (who knew there were separate breakfast mints?) and gave us a heads-up on the Sunday flea market nearby if we had time. We took her advice and had a wonderful time. There were closer hotels to Route 80, but we are glad we drove the extra 4 miles to sleep in the Hampton Inn Clearfield.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank nrlDetroit_Michigan

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at our property. I'm glad our facilites and services met your needs and the staff treated you well! I hope that you will consider us again the next time you visit the Clearfield area!

Reviewed 27 February 2013

I must start off by saying that the hotel is nice. It is not the most up to date but (like others have stated) it is very clean. The room was quiet and comfortable. The bathroom was ordinary and again very clean. The breakfast was standard fare and good.
The issue my group had was at check-in. We reserved three rooms. The first party arrived before us ( they called to say they had arrived). When I went to check in the girl at the front desk (who was sloppily dressed) asked if I wanted to check in all three rooms. I told her no just one and that one party should have arrived. She said no they did not (causing me to worry) and that she could only check in all three rooms together. When I continued to argue, she realized that one party did check in. So she said that she needed to check in the remaining two. I argued again that I only wanted to check into one room. She finally said that was doable. Then I told her that I wanted the room on my credit card, not the one used to hold the reservation. She said that she could not do that. In the meantime the third party came to check in. After pressing many buttons, she printed out two confirmations on my credit card and one on the third party's card. In the end we went to our rooms not knowing how much or on what cards the rooms would be charged. She told us that it was only her second day on the front desk. The next morning the very competent girl at the front desk seemed to straighten everything out. She said that the girl from the day before had been working for three weeks on the front desk. I will still check out my credit card statement for accuracy.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Karen M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Clearfield, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2013

We are sorry we were not able to provide you with a better quality of service. This is not typical of our usual Hamptonality and welcoming staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience, so I'm glad you let us know so that we can continue working with our newer employees. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we sincerely apologize for the issues you experienced while checking in. Thank you for your feedback and we hope you will come back and stay with us again.

Reviewed 27 February 2013

This property is right next to e Lowes and Walmart, so provides for a convenient quick stop when traveling down I-80. They have upgraded the rooms, which are very nice. The fitness equipment has yet to be replaced. The old elyptical has no ledge on which to set your iPad, so the hotel will be even nicer once that is swapped out. They offer a hot and cold breakfast selection before you head out for the day.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your comments about our hotel. We're excited about our renovations, and we're almost done with the lobby with only some trim work yet to be completed. We also have put a new floor in our fitness room, new wall covering, and once the trim is complete, we'll have new mirrors there too, which we've never had before!

I'm glad you thought our hotel was convienent for you and that you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to having you visit us again the next time you are in the Clearfield area!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Clearfield
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clearfield
Rodeway Inn
Rodeway Inn
#5 of 9 in Clearfield
Homewood Suites by Hilton DuBois

Been to Hampton Inn Clearfield? Share your experiences!