“Excellent Location”

Hampton Inn Clearfield
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Clearfield
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We found it a perfect place to stay. All amenities were nearby and hotel staff was very kind and helpful. They provided all the necessary help. Property is neat and clean. The stay was comfortable. Mearby eating places have all kinds of food.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Karen M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Clearfield, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Thank you for your comments after your recent stay at our hotel! I'm glad our staff helped make your stay comfortable, and we look forward to you staying with us again the next time you travel to the Clearfield area!

Reviewed 27 June 2014

I was pleasantly surprised how in the middle of Pennsylvania I could find a sweet hotel with such honest, sincere and professional service! The staff really makes this hotel stand out - out of the blue! Great service really makes the difference to me.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your kind comments about our hotel! I'm glad we were able to meet your expectations, and hope you will consider us again the next time you travel to our area!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Wonderful place to stay for a night or several nights. Good breakfast with lots of variety. Very comfortable clean beds. Friendly hotel staff.The receptionist gave us the name of the local taxi service, then called him for us, and recommended a great place to have dinner. I'd go there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Karen M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Clearfield, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Thank you for your kind comments about your recent stay at our hotel. I'm glad that the staff was able to accommodate your needs and we look forward to you staying with us again!

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Staff was very friendly and helpful. Provided pre printed directions for several very nice restaurants. I had a problem access the internet service. Front desk staff said to bring my device to her to get set up, which I did. In less than 3 minutes, she had me online. Room was clean and fresh. The bed was not as comfy as I would have liked. But overall, a very good experience.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Karen M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Clearfield, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at our property. I'm glad our staff was able to help you with your Internet access, and that you enjoyed your stay. I hope you will consider us again the next time you travel to the Clearfield area.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I recently had the opportunity to stay at the Hampton Inn in Clearfield, Pennslvania. It met my expectations and I would be happy to stop by, again, if my travels brought me to the area. The room was clean, the bed comfortable, and the staff very helpful. A pleasant experience.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your comments! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to you visiting us again in the future!

Reviewed 3 June 2014

The focus of this review is a current (May/June, 2014) problem of dozens of birds' nests high up on the outside wall, just under the soffit of the southeast side entrance. Large number of birds flying around with bird poop on the sidewalk and any cars that park at that end. More worrisome is the poop on the slats covering the air intake on that wall. There are also a smaller number of nests, birds, and poop under the cover at the main entrance and the opposite end of the hotel.

Search wikipedia for psittacosis, though other diseases come from birds as well.

Also there is a general lack of caring about fixing problems at this particular hotel. Examples: cable TV cuts out for 10 to 15 seconds at a time about once every hour or two, some rooms get HBO and some don't and this has been the case for at least two years. The front desk claims they never heard of this before. When checking in, the first room was somewhat dirty (sheet on the bed had obviously not been changed from the previous guest). The front desk is well aware that they have a problem with cleaning staff but there is nothing they can do about it.

I called (800)HAMPTON about the bird problem and I chose to do so anonymously. Although the person on the phone was very nice, their computer system will not allow any report/complaint to be filed unless personal information is included. I suggested she call the hotel right now and ask them to walk out that door and look up to see if what I am saying is true or not. But apparently for HAMPTON corporate to make a phone call to one of their hotels is just too difficult; it is an impossible task.
So, as a corporation, apparently the FACTS and the TRUTH about a serious health problem are not important. At least not if the report is anonymous. My conclusion is that customer service cares about soothing the feelings of a caller but they do NOT care about actually fixing the problem.

So long, and thanks for all the bird poop on my car and the bird poop germs in my lungs. And many thanks on behalf of the other guests of the near future who get to breathe in the same germs

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank TheErronius
Karen M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Clearfield, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Thank you for your comments. We are so sorry for all of the issues and we've been working with our owners to correct these problems. The swallows are a protected bird in our area, so they are difficult to control. We had removed the startings of all the nests two weeks ago, and the very next day they were back. We do have a contractor hired to repair the carport entrance to the hotel where a truck went underneath that did not fit. Once again, thank you for your comments and for staying with us.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

We were visiting State College, but the decent places there were booked, so we stayed here at the Hampton Inn in Clearfield. We have had consistently good experience with Hampton Inns in the USA and Canada, and this was no exception. A very nice hotel at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Karen M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Clearfield, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Thank you so much for your recent comment about your stay at our hotel. I'm glad we were able to provide you quality accommodations that met your expectations!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Clearfield
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clearfield
Rodeway Inn
Rodeway Inn
#5 of 9 in Clearfield
Homewood Suites by Hilton DuBois

Been to Hampton Inn Clearfield? Share your experiences!