“Dito - Disgusting”

Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Clearfield
Windsor
“Dito - Disgusting”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

Down a dimly light road - did not recognize the lobby entrance, carpet in room was heavily stained, did not clean room on a 2 night stay, found the no smoking signs on door was with Velcro and could be easily remove with a smoking sign underneath, on return 2nd night a person was sitting on the floor in the hall several rooms way talking on cell phone, following morning notice cigarette butt on floor about a foot outside our door - a non smoking room - the emergency exit sheet on the door read EconoLodge. I have stay at Days Inn often and this is by far the worst place I have ever stayed. AFTER I wrote this I read "Disgusting" and could have written the same thing.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
New England
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

We used the travel coupon, and had to pay extra for a second person and 2 beds. What a rip-off! The blankets were the worst I've seen, anywhere. Worn and pill-y! Dirty, worn carpet, bathroom door would not close entirely. There was a used wash cloth left on the shower curtain from the last guest. There was always water on the floor by the toilet, and its lid was broken.We had a connecting door to the next room, and we could see light around the edges. Outside doors had no security lock. The continental breakfast was poor. Bagels disintegrated when cutting them apart, toaster did not brown, coffee was weak. Fresh fruit? One orange, several apples. I should have read these other reviews before paying.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Clearfield hotels

Irvine, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

The staff/person in the front door was very friendly.we had leftovers from the dinner (which we had on way)and they allowed us to use the Microwave in their dining area -and that too at 11-before mid-night.
Most of the time Days Inn had refrigerators-this did not have-not that we needed since we were supposed to leave early next morning .. but that was little unexpected! Mattress was UN-comfortable but then we were there for 1 night :)

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

I really hate to say this but in the lobby was a sign - the newest Days Inn. Well, maybe the newest Days Inn but actually the most disgusting room I ever stayed in. It was late when we arrived and the drive to the place was very like a junk yard as well. The front desk reception was ok. There were many unsavory individuals sitting around outside on cell phones. The outside door leading to the room that we received was unlocked and not very sturdy either. The room door was like an interior door in a home not the usual secure type door at a motel. There was an adjoining room and you could see the light from the other room shining through. Although no smoking, the room clearly smelled of stale smoke. The bedspread that I wouldn't even touch had cigarette holes in it as well as the blanket being torn. (my spouse removed these from the bed) The sheets seemed clean. The rugs were dirty and worn out. The bathroom had cigarette burn stains on the counter , the sink dripped and did not have a drain cover. The floors were dirty with cobwebs as well. I did not want to sleep here. I wanted to go to sleep in our vehicle but felt unsafe due to the people lurking about. I wanted to go to the main desk to have the room changed but my spouse didn't want to make an issue. I slept in my clothes, got up at 6 am and we left. We did not eat any of their breakfast and I do not know that quality. This most likely was a motel taken over by Days Inn and perhaps in the process of being redone but no way should it have been open providing dirty rooms to customers. Days Inn is a nationwide chain that we have stayed at (other places) and no problem. They should be paying people to stay there not charging.

Room Tip: Do not stay here.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Bristol
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

I was so disappointed. The moment we entered the room we hit the light switch and no lights we had to feel around and find the cord to plug them in. The carpet was stained and nasty, The box springs was exposed and had stains on them and looked as if they where the ones when they first opened the place. The sheets were old and yellow but at least they were clean. Smoke alarm in the room was placed on top of the dresser, the water dripped in the tub, no hot water from the time we checked in till the next morning, and the smoke alarm I the hall way had a low battery and beeped all night and the continental breakfast was horrible. I usually stay at another hotel in the area but I had an emergency and the room choice was very limited and I chose the better of the 3 ratings. BIG MISTAKE. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Hoboken, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2013 via mobile

Stains on carpets and furniture. Whole place smells like stale smoke. Hard bed. Breakfast not worth it. This place has not been cleaned years. Stay away!!!!! TV was fuzzy on half the channels. Would never recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed June 2013
Pocono Summit, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2013

I would like to add my negative comments to the others. The former days in near town has been replaced by a building on top of a hill near the I80 exit. The only good thing I can say is that the beds were comfortable and the room ,located on a grassy area surrounded by other rooms, was quiet. Problems began when we entered the room. The toilet ran constantly and a simple jiggle of the handle did not work. When we informed the desk we were told there was no one to fix the problem until the next day and there were no other rooms. It seems that a umber of the rooms had not yet been renovated.The sower head leaked and the remote did not operate the tv. My advice, stay somewhere else.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple