“average budget hotel”

Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Clearfield
grand haven michigan
“average budget hotel”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I stayed here for just a few hours to get a little sleep while driving to NYC. I didn't want to spend a lot of money for just 6 hours so we opted to get a cheap hotel. that's exactly what this place is. It was clean but very dated and worn out. The bedding was old and had holes.The shower needed to be totally replaced and the entire room remodeled. But if you just need to get a few hours sleep for $55 this is your place. would I return for the same reason? Yes

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
PA
Reviewed 11 November 2013

First, If expecting the Hilton or Ritz, this is not for you and my review is not based on comparing the two. It is a dated hotel that is being upgraded. days Inn put new carpet down, the room had hot water, shower, very comfortable bed, place to work, TV, iron, ironing board, heat, and great price. Continenantlal breakfast had more variety than most places. Where they excel and why I give them a four is because of their staff. We had a reunion there and everyone, from front desk staff, to managers, to bar tenders - all were excellent and accomodating in every way. If you need any combination of the following:a place to lay your head, close to I80, close to a truck stop, as well as an on property sports bar, then check this place out.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Waterford, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed 16 October 2013

You might call this a "mixed" review as I plan to rate this hotel differently as far as amenities and customer service. Found this hotel late one Saturday night after stopping at a number of other area properties. Could not find a room due to Penn State / Michigan football game earlier that day. On duty manager went out of her way to find me a room that was "reserved". I was totally grateful that my travel that day was over. Room was average, amenities below average but I had another experience that will result in a five-star review as far as customer service. Due to fatigue from a long day of travel I forgot my cellphone charger when I checked out the next morning. Called the next night and desk clerk said she would leave a note. On my return trip through the area I had the opportunity to stay at this property again and upon checkin asked about the status of my forgotten charger. The desk clerk was alone on duty and asked if she could have the day manager check for me the next morning. I agreed and upon checkout I again asked about the charger. The morning desk clerk (Kathy) checked the lost and found and did not find the charger. Then she excused herself to go to housekeeping to check with them. She returned with no charger. Then the head of housekeeping (Tammy) showed up at the front desk and asked for the storage room keys. She disappeared for a couple minutes and returned with my charger. How do you spell relief? I spell relief with a staff willing to go out of their way to assist a stranger. My trip home was much better thanks to them. Again, my rating of room is 4, amenities 3 and customer service 5 PLUS... Thanks all...

Room Tip: Lots of 1st floor rooms with multiple entrances.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Michigan
Reviewed 14 October 2013

You walk down the halls and the first thing you notice is that the trim around the doors looks like a third grader painted them. We approached our room and noticed a non-smoking room sign on our door. We opened the door and noticed that strong smoke odor like you use to smell in bowling alleys. Our NON-SMOKING room had an ashtray on the table???? I called to complain so I didn't get charged for smoking in a non-smoking room....no offer to change our room. My wife is pretty sure we were lying on the box springs and not a mattress. There was blood on our bed spread. Cobwebs galore. Water damage all over the room. The bathroom ceiling had repair work...but they just rubbed some drywall compound on it...didn't bother to finish the work. So we turned on the AC unit to attempt to clear the air in the room...that made it worse...so at 3 am while still lying awake on the box springs I finally got up and asked for a new room. They moved us (why didn't they offer before) to another room....no remote for the TV. This room was a non-smoking room but was more filthy than the first. I usually don't take the time to write negative reviews but this place is a DUMP!!!! Spend the extra money to stay somewhere else especially if you are traveling with females....my wife was more disgusted than I was and it takes a lot to bother me.

Room Tip: avoid DAYS INN...there properties are crap
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Bumpy837

Travellers are raving about these Clearfield hotels

Windsor
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Down a dimly light road - did not recognize the lobby entrance, carpet in room was heavily stained, did not clean room on a 2 night stay, found the no smoking signs on door was with Velcro and could be easily remove with a smoking sign underneath, on return 2nd night a person was sitting on the floor in the hall several rooms way talking on cell phone, following morning notice cigarette butt on floor about a foot outside our door - a non smoking room - the emergency exit sheet on the door read EconoLodge. I have stay at Days Inn often and this is by far the worst place I have ever stayed. AFTER I wrote this I read "Disgusting" and could have written the same thing.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple