“Another visit to Coatesville”

Courtyard Philadelphia Coatesville/Exton
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Coatesville
“Another visit to Coatesville”
Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

This is a very good hotel with friendly people. We really enjoy it when we are here visiting family. The only problem we had was that we asked for extra towels twice and we never got them....my husband had to go downstairs to get them himself. The rooms are very clean and the surroundings are also very clean. I recommend it but request for extra towels immediately when you check in or take your own extra towels....lol:)

Stayed December 2013
WHGGuestService, Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Coatesville/Exton, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Coatesville for your recent trip to Pennsylvania. We appreciate your kind response. I apologize you did not receive the extra towels that you had requested. I will be sure to follow up to ensure that we do a better job of fulfilling your request in the future. It is my hope that you choose to stay with us again.

Paul Jensen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

We had a great stay with 6 people (3 rooms) and were impressed by the layout, the friendliness, the spacious rooms, the availability of some good-quality hot food items throughout the day and evening, and the convenient location just off the interstate.

We also appreciated free wifi in public areas, a fitness room, small but pleasant swimming pool, hot tub, guest laundry room (looked like coin op, but I didn't go in).

Breakfast is not free, but the hot items are made to order. Coffee is also not free, but to me it was totally worth it because I could order Starbucks espresso drinks.

The hotel doesn't have restaurants or stores within quick walking distance, another reason to be glad about the on-site food service.

Rooms at the rear of the hotel face a small creek and forested hillside. On the front of the hotel, rooms overlook the parking lot and road, with a wooded hillside across the road. I have now stayed on both sides and prefer the view on the back side, but was unbothered by noise on the road side. Curtains are plenty room-darkening.

A dining table rolls under the desk, and a few other nice design features make the rooms versatile for groups. We had a small fridge and microwave in each room.

The bathrooms were spotless with large glass-enclosed showers.

The front desk staff, bistro staff, and any staff we encountered were professional, friendly, and helpful.

There are several large gathering spaces in the lobby area. Because the hotel was not terribly busy, they allowed us to check out a bit late, which was a huge help in our situation.

Thumbs up, will stay here whenever I am in Coatesville and would recommend it to anyone.

Stayed December 2013
Quito
Reviewed 1 November 2013

We went to this Hotel with our daughter that recoomends this place since we wanted to visit Philadelphia and alos want to see the Amish country side. The room we stay at was excelnt, we had all the facilities, Wifi and teh people at the front desk was very courteus and helpfull.
I would rated as excelente, the only minor point is breakfast, ussually we had breakfast at the Hotel we stay, but it was rather limited what we can order, and not so good. If you want to go to Philadelpia , and you like driving , this may be a place to stay. Ask for the rooms in the 4th floor at least.

Room Tip: Tell the people who make the reservation to give you the rooms in the upper floors.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
SouthernUS
Reviewed 28 October 2013

The staff I encountered was very nice. When I first called about reservations, I asked about breakfast (a usual requirement of mine) and was told it was not included. I asked if there were restaurants nearby and was told there were "options," which I should have taken as a red flag. The options turned out to be snack foods in a hotel vending machine. I was to discover that the hotel is in the middle of nowhere. If you want food or anything outside the hotel, you have to travel a bit. It was clean and they offered a discount for those involved with the VA Hospital Hospice (5 mins away), which was helpful to me.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Catonsville, Maryland
Reviewed 19 October 2013

This was our first stay at a Courtyard after many stays at Residence Inns by Marriott. This hotel is a large building that stands all by itself, a little distance from any shopping or food. The wifi is easily accessed, and the bed was very comfortable. The disappointing things to me were (1) our room never seemed properly cleaned--there were hairs and dust on the sofa bed when we arrived and when we left, and the bathroom needed more attention; and (2) there was no complimentary food or beverages, not even a carafe of water in the lobby.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Severn, Maryland
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel this past weekend and had a nice and peaceful stay. The front concierge was very nice. For the first time in a LONG time, I was not disturbed by cleaning people early in the morning! I can't stand it when you go to a hotel and they want to knock on the door at 8AM! This hotel did not do that and I am VERY VERY PLEASED!!!! I will stay at this location again if I am in the area most definitely. I had also went to a tavern down the road (about 6 miles) that had awesome Cajun wings, old bay fries and it had a nice small town feel.

Room Tip: We had a room that was facing a pretty stream and it was a good view! :)
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 10 October 2013

My fiancé and I stayed here using a free night certificate since the regular rates were a little high. Surprisingly this brand new hotel is only a category 2 which means only 10k points for a free night. There is nothing else right next to the hotel however so you'll have to drive anywhere you go. It's the only thing right off an exit ramp of the US 30 bypass, but far enough away that you don't near any traffic.

This is probably the newest style Courtyard hotel that is out there both inside and out. The lobby is similar to what all the older ones have been renovated to, but just bigger. There are several nice areas out back for relaxing including a large gas fire pit with seating for 8-10 around it. Unless you have a large group or love socializing with strangers smoking all night, don't count on using it.

Our room was very new and modern as expected, recessed lights, new light fixtures with power plugs abound, etc. The little area with a fridge is a nice touch, some older Courtyards are hit or miss with a fridge, not this one. Our bathroom had a good sized shower only, instead of a typical tub/shower combination. It had great water pressure and a nice glass door that didn't leak. Standard LG Marriott HDTV. The thermostat/HVAC didn't get cold enough though, and the thermostat "VIP" override trick did not work which was disappointing. I think it was using the motion sensor which is extremely annoying when you go to sleep or leave the room.

The staff were fine upon check-in and check-out, we had no issues during our stay. We could hear the group outside around the fire pit a little bit, but that's not really the hotel's fault. Rooms were new and clean and that's what matters, just wished the room got a little colder for sleeping.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back overlook the woods and a stream, although you might hear rowdy groups around the f...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coatesville
Hampton Inn Exton
Fairfield Inn & Suites Kennett Square Brandywine Valley
The Waynebrook Inn
The Waynebrook Inn
#1 of 1 in Honey Brook

Been to Courtyard Philadelphia Coatesville/Exton? Share your experiences!