“Courtyard Marriott, Coatesville, PA”

Courtyard Philadelphia Coatesville/Exton
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Coatesville
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Nice and clean hotel, reasonable rates. B/fast served at in house Starbucks. I made a mistake of taking breakfast package by adding $15 to room charge and as it turned out what I was allowed to get in return would be cheaper if bought directly from Starbucks.

Key to the room will not work and had to be programmed third time before getting access to the room.

Room Tip: Do not buy the breakfast package. You will get same stuff for less price when bought from Starbucks...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nasir A
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Philadelphia Coatesville/Exton

Reviewed 14 July 2014

VERY helpful associates, from the front staff, thru the restaurant and housekeeping. No complaints. Good breakfast (a little expensive, but not bad), and the place was clean. We had a standard King room with a pullout sofa and the bathroom was great. Total cost was fine too. if we're in the area again, we wouldn't hesitate to stay here.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KnightOfNiiii
Reviewed 13 July 2014

visited sight unseen and was very pleased. inviting open lobby that had all the little extras including computers to use in the lobby lounge. (not a fan of my own tablet if I don't have to). staff was as friendly as could be from front desk to housekeeping. quiet a/c and great room temperature controls. and even the other guests were too, so you could tell they were enjoying their stay. pool was small but served its purpose. bistro may seem little pricey but you are paying the convenience. assorted stylish seating areas. my son loved the fire pit.

Room Tip: we found the first floor on the pool side nice and even facing front with the window open did not ha...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Excellent service in this new Marriott; great lounge, cozy tables with your own TV; convenient to Phialdelphia places and Lancaster places: one stop and go in all directions for great daytrips.
Easy to get to 1/4 mile from a major road.

Room Tip: All seem good; top ones quieter
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Melody M
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I stayed at this hotel while traveling on business. It's brand new, which is definitely a plus. Had a great stay-loved the room, in particular. The bed was great, the lighting options were convenient, and even the shower was great. Also had dinner in the Bistro-chicken tacos-very good. The woman who was working that night was kind and thoughtful. I wish I remembered her name. Overall, just a really nice hotel.

Room Tip: My room was on the front of the hotel so overlooked the highway and parking lot, but the back view w...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank HotelsGirl
Reviewed 31 March 2014

While on business four of us stayed for five days at the Coatesville, Courtyard. What a great stay! I normally am loyal to another chain, however, is Marriott has made the changes I saw at this hotel, they might have my business. The facility was two years old, so it was reasonably new, yet it was obvious the property was cared for and that was the primary reason it looked so good. I watched as a staff member walked from floor to floor with a clipboard noting anything that need attention. The staff from the clerks checking us in to the cleaning staff to the "bistro" staff, were all extremely nice. Who says only southerns smile and know hospitality?
Great workout facility, clean pool area, wonderful, healthy food in the "Bistro".
Whether business or pleasure I recommend this hotel for your stay. The only caution is for the light sleeper, stay on in one of the back room that don't face the road.

Room Tip: You can hear traffic is you are in one of the rooms in front of the building.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank chip1098
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I stayed at this hotel for one night this past week for business purposes. The hotel was super clean and conveniently located- both real pluses. In addition, my room was a good size and nicely furnished. The fitness room was adequate and the hot tub nice. The pool, while clean, was very small and not big enough for actual swimming. Unfortunately, there were two issues which made me very unhappy with my stay. The first issue was staffing. I had to wait quite a while trying to check in because no one was at the front desk (this was approximately 4:30 PM on a Sunday afternoon). Most of the time during my stay the front desk was similarly unmanned. The same was true of the restaurant- I had to wait quite a while because no one was in the front at the counter. This was prime breakfast time (8:00 AM on Monday), not off hours, and only two other guests were in the dining room. Once I ordered, the service was good and the food tasty. Later that afternoon I wanted to purchase a beverage (this was a little past noon), but again, no one was at either the front desk or restaurant counter, so I eventually gave up. I spent entirely too much time waiting for service at this hotel. I am not sure if the hotel is understaffed or the employees not well supervised. When I did interact with staff, they were polite. Second, the heating system in the room was AWFUL! Setting the room temperature at 68 F resulted in the unit spitting out FRIGID air. In order to feel any warmth at all, I had to turn the temperature up to 76 F and then the room quickly became unbearable. I ended up turning the unit off completely and wearing my coat while watching television. I tried to report the problem, but once again, no one was at the front desk! I would NEVER return to this hotel or recommend it to anyone. This is not what I expect from the Courtyard chain.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
WHGGuestService, Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Coatesville/Exton, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment on Trip Advisor and sharing your experience with the Courtyard Philadelphia Coatesville/Exton. I apologize that your recent stay was not satisfactory and appreciate your feedback.

You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. Please be assured that we are taking immediate corrective steps to avoid such problems in the future.

If you would like to discuss your experience further, please feel free to contact me directly at the phone number listed below. Once again, please accept my apology. We would like to regain your trust and we hope you will allow us an opportunity to provide you with an exceptional guest experience when your travels bring you back to this area.

Paul Jensen
Coatesville Courtyard
610-380-8700

Also consider these accommodations in or near Coatesville
Home2 Suites by Hilton Downingtown Exton Route 30
The Waynebrook Inn
The Waynebrook Inn
#1 of 1 in Honey Brook
Clarion Hotel & Conference Center at Exton

Been to Courtyard Philadelphia Coatesville/Exton? Share your experiences!