“Over priced!!!”

Union Station Grill
Ranked #3 of 47 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Neat old bar. The food is over priced and it isn't very good. I will stop and have a drink again. VERY, VERY loud inside. The patio looks ok.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We were recently visiting the antique stores in Columbia, PA and were going to stop in a different restaurant for lunch, but it was closed that day. A local on the street recommended the Union Station Grill so we thought we'd check it out. The grill is located in the downtown area of Columbia so you can walk to it depending on your schedule. The outside is not much to look at; it sits on the corner of two popular streets. The inside is much more pleasant and has pressed-tin decorations, an old-school bar/bar-back and contemporary bistro tables/chairs. My wife had a Cobb salad and I had one of the recommended sandwiches with fresh-cut shoestring French fries. All very good! Prices are very reasonable considering the food quality.

1  Thank zap2504
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Salads come in these HUGE BOWLS. Apps were great, and then we were too full for our meal. Nice OLD Wooden Bar and the Beer of Draft was really nice. Down home feeling. Lots of tables and room at the Bar.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

We eat there occasionally and allways find the food and service great with good value for the money which is sometimes difficult to find these days .

Reviewed 22 November 2013

A work friend told us of Union Station so we checked it out. We were there two times, one time off peak, and one time on peak. Off peak with maybe 50% full our food took 50 minutes to be served. On peak it took 55 minutes to be served. The side salad came after 45 minutes.
This place is louder than a New York subway, and I know what I'm talking about with that. There was a child's party at the next 2 tables to us with maybe 15 kids. You couldn't even hear 15 children over the noise. Being a recording engineer for 41 years, I'd say the noise level would be about 85 - 90 decibels. I am so glad I had my earplugs with me.
The food is OK, but save your money on the crab cakes and just go to the hardware store and get a salt lick for the same experience. My party of 8 couldn't wait to get out and we left low percentage tips.
The venue itself is very nice. Beautiful decor. They have a lot of good beers on tap and even more in bottles. Excellent on those items.
The place could be really good if they invested in some sound reduction material, and figured out how to get food served in a reasonable amount of time.
My rating on "atmosphere" is terrible because of noise. If quiet, I'd rate atmosphere excellent.
If you can search out my other reviews, you'll see that I am not a complainer. This is my first bad review.

2  Thank Tom A