“Not worth it”

Prudhomme's Lost Cajun Kitchen
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Cajun & Creole, Bar, Pub
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Cherry St
Transit: One block from bus stop
“Not worth it”
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

I was really excited about their seafood gumbo but it was tasteless. I had to add salt and hot sauce to make it palatable. And I rarely use salt. The stuffed flounder was okay. My husband got their special which was fried fish, hush puppies over jumbolea. Which wasn't even a good combination. Service was just okay.

4 Thank Kim E

Livingston
“Not A New Orleans Restaurant”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

The staff was very friendly and the magician that tours the tables on Tuesday night was very entertaining. It is a shame that most of the folks that live in Columbia, PA have no idea what real Cajun food tastes like because If this restaurant was in New Orleans, it wouldn’t last a month. The French Onion Soup had a taste of vinegar. The Catfish Prudhomme, which is one of their “signature” dishes was nothing like I expected. This dish was represented as a Crawfish etouffee over rice topped with blackened Carolina catfish. Etouffee is a rich and spicy fresh tomato based roux with fresh garlic, bell peppers, celery and onions mixed with crawfish and/or shrimp. It is not tomato sauce with crawfish sprinkled on top. The plate was served with the tomato sauce spooned over the catfish. My wife ordered the medium-rare tenderloin tips‘n toast. They were so well done as to be tough. She described as steak bits drenched in Worcestershire and A1 sauce. I would not return to this location for the food. The beer was cold.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank retphcs
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Lacking flavour and quality”
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

This being our first taste of Cajun food I'd have to say we were disappointed, appetisers were ok we had the mussels (very small portion) and the crawfish étouffée. The entrees though were over priced and low quality produce. The fried food elements were bland and the catfish tasted dirty. We would not return and felt fairly annoyed with ourselves for wasting $60 on it.

3 Thank Littlewood1977
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Fun Place for something different”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

This was my first time ever eating Cajun food so I cannot tell you if its authentic or not, but my boyfriend who was stationed in Louisiana for a year said they came pretty darn close. We went around 7:30 pm on a Saturday for dinner. We caught the tail end of the dinner rush and we only had to wait about 5 minutes for a table to clear out. There was a guy singing live who was fantastic! Our server was so very friendly and just reading their menu and checking out the atmosphere was so enjoyable. I had the Swampi, it was just OK. Shrimp, Crawfish and Allegator in a garlic rice. But my boyfriends meal was Shrimp and Chicken over rice with a Burbon sauce was THE BOMB! I was jealous! ha ha.....all around fun place to go. Just reminded me of being invided over to a friends house and sitting down to a home cooked meal.

• Visited April 2014
Columbia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cajun Cousine!”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

This place not only has the best Cajun food, it also has other items for those who do not like Cajun food. There is entertainment, a great variety of beer selections. An all around Fun place to go and enjoy!

Visited November 2013