“Great service but no frills” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Inn Lancaster County

Comfort Inn Lancaster County
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Columbia
“Great service but no frills”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2013

The customer service at check-in and breakfast was top of the line. The hotel room itself was impressive and had a separate seating area with a comfy couch. The biggest negative was that the curtains didn't close to block out the street light that was right outside of our window. Still worth the stay as it was located in the middle of all the shops and close to everything!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Soccercat

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Montrose, MI
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2013

We booked on line and stayed for three nights. Staff was friendly and morning breakfast was hot and good with lots of selections. It was quite warm out when we were there but the hallways and elevator were extremely hot - guess they didn't want to turn on the air conditioning. The room itself was OK but certainly could have been cleaned better. We were not crazy about the layout of the 2 queen bed room because the bathroom sink is not in the bathroom.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank KRootMontrose
Raul P, General Manager at Comfort Inn Lancaster County, responded to this review, 28 May 2013
Thank You for staying with us. I would like to personally apologize for the public areas being hot. Clearly, we didn't have proper air conditioning in the common areas during your stay. We will also strive to improve room condition as that is always our #1 priority. While some guests enjoy the vanity area outside of the restroom; it definitely has it's disadvantages. We are looking into installing pocket doors for a more closed off restroom area. Please contact me at gm.pa526@choicehotels.com for more assistance. I will be happy to address any issues with your stay.
philadelphia, pa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2013

Dark lobby that is not inviting. Service was ok - would like the front desk person to at least stand up when I come in. Room was alright - it wasn't dirty or dingy or anything wrong but was not wowwed in the least. I was up and gone before breakfast was served and was glad that I was. It served its purpose.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Ridgewood, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

We stayed at the hotel for 2 nights. The free breakfast in the morning was nice and we found the front desk staff to be very helpful. The bathrooms were very small, and I would prefer to stay in larger hotel rooms. There were only 2 of us, but if you have kids, you would want to stay at a place with larger rooms.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank pab427
Montgomeryville, Pennsylvania, USA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2013

My friend and I went for a little weekend trip to just get away for the weekend. When we arrived the property looked pretty new so I figured this is going to be nice. Front desk staff was wearing street clothes and I wouldn't have know they worked there unless they were sitting behind the desk. Lobby was pretty dark. Check in was fast. Stayed on the second floor and once we got off the elevator and hit the hallway carpets, it didn't look like it had been vacuumed for quite sometime. Finally make it to the room and I know the first thing I check is the sheets. Well my friends bed had quite a few hairs in it so she was pretty grossed out and then I turned mine down and it looked like they we never changed, literally looked as if the person just got out of the bed and their child took a pen and scribbled all over them. Also on the pillows looked to be eye make which I know comes right out when you actually wash them. As to why where ever I travel I bring my own pillows. Asked front desk for new sheets which actually smelt nice and fresh unlike the other ones that were on the bed, front desk was very nice and helpful. Asked if I wanted a new room but was just to late at night to change rooms. Carpet was grossly stained, happy I had slippers. Breakfast was ok waffle maker not so good. Went in the whirlpool/pool and could only stay in for maybe ten mins and that ended up being to much. The chlorine was UNBEARABLE felt like my eyes were going to burn out of my head. Which was the reason I picked the hotel in the first place so it was quite disappointing. On the plus side internet worked great, tvs were nice and the place was pleasantly quiet. Needless to say don't let the outside fool you. and there is not much of anything in the area to do/eat. Can't say I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JAMMIN89
NE PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights and I think I would stay again if I brought my own pillows. The mattress was quite hard which gave my husband a backache. The pillows were very mushy and soft and I prefer firm. The room was clean but older. We had a small fridge, microwave, hair dryer, coffee maker and safe.
There was a jacuzzi tub and we had 2 queen beds and this was on the 2nd floor.
The hotel itself was quite small and there was hardly any guests while we were there.
An indoor pool in February was a huge plus especially with my 9 year old daughter. There also was a hottub and the whole pool area was clean and well-lit.
The breakfast each morning was great. Fresh eggs, sausage, toast, bagels, cold cereals, instant oatmeal packs, yogurts, fresh fruit, juices, coffees, milks and make your own waffles gave a selection that was super for us.

The room service was very good, they always cleaned the counters, floors and bath. Fresh towels and linens every day.
The lady at front desk was a tad unfriendly but we didn't really talk much to her, the night staff was good.
We had a wakeup call every morning and did our laundry there as well with no fear of anyone stealing or ruining our wash.

The location was good for us, there was a Kmart 2 blocks away, gas stations, restaurants, other sites closeby.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank MomKat2
Rio Grande, NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2012

We took advantage of a special this hotel was offering for a one-night stay with a complimentary breakfast and two tickets to Sight and Sound on December 15th. The room was very nice (although the bathroom set-up a little awkward). The bed was comfortable and the hotel very clean. The front desk staff (David and Katie) were very accommodating. Sales Manager Aubri who made our initial reservation was exceptionally helpful, courteous, and professional. The hotel is a little ways (about 20 minutes) from the main attractions, but it was not a bad drive. We would stay again.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gracie0412
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbia
Sleep Inn & Suites Lancaster County
Comfort Inn Lancaster - Rockvale Outlets
Heritage Hotel
Heritage Hotel
#20 of 38 in Lancaster

Been to Comfort Inn Lancaster County? Share your experiences!