“A bit above average for a Comfort Inn & staff is very helpful.”

Comfort Inn Lancaster County
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed 17 September 2013

This was a newer (or recently re-modeled) Comfort Inn and it was cleaner and less worn than the normal. The desk staff was extremely helpful in both directing us to the hotel (by phone) and after we arrived. The room was amply large and had everything we usually need. Morning breakfast was average.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank exauctioneer

Reviewed 28 August 2013

We stayed for 2 nights while touring the Lancaster area. The rooms were clean, comfortable and reasonably priced. The staff was courteous and attentive. The complimentary breakfast was better than the average "free" hotel breakfast. Coffee is available 24-7 in the lobby. The pool and hot tub were very nice. Conveniently located to all of the Lancaster-area attractions. Would stay here again. 2nd floor (accessible by elevator) rooms overlook the pool.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank j p
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Although we stayed 6 nights here I'm not sure I would come back again. There was ample parking. The front desk service was good but the lobby was not very cool, nor was the one elevator. There was a complimentary breakfast, however the hot breakfast entree of sausage and eggs never changed in six days. The breakfast offerings always stayed the same, no variation unlike other hotels. There was a day where the decaf coffee urn was not refilled so no coffee that morning. One day the 2% milk pitcher was not refilled so no low calorie milk that day. The bananas were over ripe for 4 days. The guest halls and rooms were very cool, however. And the wifi service was excellent for using our iPads in our room. The things that disappointed me most pertained to the room itself. We had a room with a king bed and sofa seating area. The sofa was uncomfortable because when you sat on one end it leaned you towards the center of the sofa.The commode seat slid when it was sat on, the shower curtain smelled sour, which immediately turned me off, and the refrigerator had a huge buildup of ice on the freezer part. I don't think the floor was cleaned at all the entire week because I dropped an almond on the floor close to the sink, which was outside the bathroom, and the almond was still there six days later when we checked out. The floor vacuuming test was negative! The king bed was comfortable though. I was happy with that!

Room Tip: The odd numbered room are on the freeway side so are probably noisier. And if you turn the AC on hi...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Raul P, General Manager at Comfort Inn Lancaster County, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2013

Thank You for providing feedback about your recent stay. I'm glad you were able to take advantage of the comfortable king bed and speedy wifi internet. I'm sorry we were not able to impress you more because we strive to be super! Your comments are spot on about Breakfast. While we have an advantage over most hotels on Route 30 by providing real eggs made fresh every morning; I can see how the lack of variety on a daily basis will take away from a great stay. I will be sure to discuss ideas with the breakfast attendant team to bring more variety into our breakfast for longer staying guests.

I noticed a few maintenance items on your stay, and I'm sorry we didn't take care of it when you were there. Please inform the staff the moment you notice something not to your satisfaction so we may address those things while you are here. If I can be of any further assistance to you, please feel free to email me at gm.pa526@choicehotels.com or call me at 717-285-9100.

Thank You for taking the time to write the review!

Raul Patel

Reviewed 23 July 2013

Recently visited this hotel and had a good experience. The rooms was nice. The pool and fitness area was clean. Breakfast was good with many selections. Staff was friendly and helpful. I would recommend this hotel. Had several restaurants around hotel. A Wendy's and Rita's was very close by.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank lthomas1988
Reviewed 18 July 2013

We stayed here several times when we were interviewing for a change in employment. Each time, we found the place impeccably clean and the beds comfortable. Breakfast included a wide and tasty variety of both hot and cold items. The pool area was well-stocked with towels and was as clean as the rest of the hotel.

The only drawback I would note is that, because of the location, regardless of which side of the hotel your room is on, there is noise from a busy road.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Beffy1167
Reviewed 4 June 2013

We were greeted at the check-in by a very helpful woman who recommended some restaurants in the area and provided directions. The room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was well stocked with fruit, yogurt, sausage, eggs, waffles, dry cereal, and drinks. We were just passing through the area, so I'm not sure how close it is to surrounding attractions. I was thankful for the stay.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alicia328
Reviewed 1 June 2013

The customer service at check-in and breakfast was top of the line. The hotel room itself was impressive and had a separate seating area with a comfy couch. The biggest negative was that the curtains didn't close to block out the street light that was right outside of our window. Still worth the stay as it was located in the middle of all the shops and close to everything!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Soccercat
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbia
Sleep Inn & Suites Lancaster County
#3 of 7 in Manheim
Heritage Hotel
Heritage Hotel
#21 of 40 in Lancaster

Been to Comfort Inn Lancaster County? Share your experiences!