We've stayed overnight here the last three years for our wedding anniversary and have always had a comfortable, enjoyable stay. The location is good, and the rooms, pool, and breakfast are nice. We've always felt we got good value for the money. We stay in the winter and book a large jacuzzi room at a terrific price. This time was a disappointment. While the soundproofing between rooms and the floors seems to be very good, we've always been able to hear noises out in the hallway. However, that seems to be typical of most hotels we stay in these days. This time, though, the noise level was extreme. There were several people in one party out in the hallway and going back and forth between rooms until late night into early morning. They were yelling, running, and, in general, making a huge racket. We try to be tolerant of other guests and don't complain, but this was so bad and went on for so long we called the front desk to report the disturbance. To be fair, the staff member did come up and speak to this party, and things were quieter after that. But it seems that these large chain hotels should have some way of monitoring this sort of thing. Cameras and video in the hallways? A staff person who does spot checks? Posted notices warning that guests who cause disturbances will be tossed out? Or maybe just room doors that fit tighter to the floor and have better soundproofing. I don't know, but this was so bad we may not return. We realize the fault lies with the inconsiderate guests. But there should be some way for staff to be aware of this type of situation and be pro-active. This hotel is very small and there weren't many guests when we stayed there. It seems it wouldn't have been that hard to "nip this in the bud"! Would still recommend this place, but with this caveat: Ask if there are large groups with more than one room booked and insist on a room as far away as possible!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sleep well in our comfortable beds and enjoy a complimentary hot breakfast in the morning. Located in beautiful Lancaster County and just 7.5 miles from the Downtown Convention Center. We're right off of Prospect Road Exit on Route 30 making all central PA attractions an easy drive. Thanks for traveling and we hope to see you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Comfort Inn Lancaster County reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Lancaster County Hotel Columbia
- Comfort Inn Columbia
- Columbia Comfort Inn
- Comfort Inn Lancaster County Columbia, PA