“columbian bed & breakfast”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Columbia
Columbian, A Bed and Breakfast Inn
Ranked #3 of 3 Columbia B&B and Inns
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
“columbian bed & breakfast”
Reviewed 16 July 2013

I want to start by stating that the price of a night in the Columbian is very low and that my rating reflects the incomparable value of what you get for what you pay for ($96 including tax). Our room was very comfortable and suitably furnished with a mix of antiques and whimsical pieces. The B&B is centrally located. There is a huge wrap around porch and a beautiful front yard garden. Columbia, the town, has seen better times but the B&B is an exception. Karen, the innkeeper, is warm and effusive. It is evident that she puts a lot of time in her business and attends to many details herself. The breakfast consisting of Dutch pancakes, flavored coffee, a watermelon slice and sausage patties was excellent. All in all the Columbian contributed to a lovely weekend.

Room Tip: Go tothe near by Prudhomme's a Cajun restaurant if you like (or would like to try) New Orleans...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Reviewed 8 July 2013

What a wonderful relaxing stay! Karen was so kind and accommodating. The breakfast was a something out of a magazine! My friend and I went to the 150th Gettysburg reenactment and this was the closets opening we could find. It was worth the drive back and forth.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
PA
Reviewed 27 May 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Columbian Bed and Breakfast Inn for an overnight 'getaway'. The bed was so comfortable and the room was clean and beautiful. My favorite part by far was the spa downstairs! My husband treated me to a massage and it was very relaxing. Karen is a wonderful masseuse.

We were within walking distance of several restaurants and shops. The breakfast was simple and tasty, french toast with fresh berries and sausage.

The only thing I would say could use improvement is the bathroom. I would prefer a tub to soak in, and they only had a shower stall (cramped at that) but the water pressure and temp. was great.

All in all a wonderful place to stay.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hguiseppe
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed 17 May 2013

My daughter and I just spent another delightful weekend at the Columbian Bed and Breakfast Inn. Each day Karen made us a terrific breakfast, even the day we had to leave at 7 AM to get to the airport for our flight home. On that day we found a large bag of breakfast foods waiting for us: fruit, and bagels and cheese and peanut butter to name a few. The Inn is so comfortable that family members often stop by for a cup of tea - sitting in the parlor sipping tea and chatting with loved ones is just one special moment that you can have at this warm and friendly inn. Looking forward to our next visit.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Lancaster, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 30 April 2013

I had the most enjoyable massage ever the inn keeper know how to relax you.! The breakfast are great fresh pancake and fruit,it so quiet and comfortable home. What you must understand my wife and I are local people like we live here in Lancaster. this place is

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank Djartmakingmusi... T
Marietta, Ohio
Reviewed 20 April 2013 via mobile

We have stayed here over 15 times over the last13 years. This speaks volumes of how we feel about this B & B. Karen is a most gracious host who prepares great a breakfast. The rooms are very spacious, clean and well decorated. When we come to the York/Lancaster area, this is the only place we stay

• Stayed April 2013
Watertown, Connecticut
Reviewed 16 April 2013

We were in town for a class at the National Clock and Watch museum and were delighted to find this Inn to be a short walk away. It is a goregous property on "Millionaire's Row" with several large guest rooms on the 2nd floor. We had a suite which was quite roomy and were delighted to find that it had a private porch. Spring had just arrived and I can imagine that it would be even more appreciated in the summer. I know the Inn was filled to capacity on our second evening, but the place was so quiet that I could have sworn we were alone the whole time.

Karen is a delightful innkeeper and the breakfasts were both healthy and delicious. She accomodated our early breakfast in order to make it to the class on time.

Columbia is an antiques haven with several large antiques cooperatives within a short walk. We loved Hickel's Drug Store -- an old fashioned place you just don't see anymore and apparently the hub of town. There is also a convenience store (Turkey Hill) a few steps away if you have forgotten anything.

We will definately return to this lovely town and the Columbian again, even if we don't have business there.

Room Tip: We had a chance to "snoop" in all the rooms before other guests arrived and they are all l...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbia
Comfort Inn Lancaster County
#20 of 39 in Lancaster
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#3 of 7 in Manheim

Been to Columbian, A Bed and Breakfast Inn? Share your experiences!