“Nice Stop on our way to WDC”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Confluence
Stepping Stone Farm Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 10 Confluence B&B and Inns
Gaithersburg, Maryland
“Nice Stop on our way to WDC”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

A group of six bikers, including myself, stopped at the SSF last August. It was a very nice experience. Larry and Vicky are extremely nice and warm. We got there too late after a long bike ride and they helped us to get food from the only place in town. The breakfast next day was fabolous.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Larry and Vicki are the wonderful hosts and owners of the Stepping Stone Farm, just a stone's throw from the beautiful Allegheny Passage Trail near Confluence, Pa. I was fortunate to run into Larry and Vicki as I was riding in. I had not seen anyone for miles, and when I asked directions of this friendly couple I had not met before, imagine my surprise when they said, "You must be Eric!" Talk about a personal touch!
The accomodations were top notch, clean and comfortable. Breakfast was excellent and these kind-hearted folks are excellent conversationalists:) My friend and I were given a memorable tour of the farm afterwards. The price is very reasonable but the experience is invaluable:) Highly recommended!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Fairport, New York
Reviewed 20 April 2014

A cozy spot to rejuvenate after biking along the beautiful GAP. Larry and Vicki provide a warm and homey environment. Their home and farm are meticulously maintained. Added bonuses include walking the grounds accompanied by dear sweet Harvey, eating s'mores around the campfire, petting the baby goats, and eating one of Larry's fabulous omelets.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Larry and Vicky are the most amazing, most hospitable people.
We were a very large group of people, but everybody had a great time, and was well taken care for. The breakfast was perfect.
I would go back in a heart beat.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank lmd1133
Derry, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 9 July 2013

My husband and I stayed here while biking the GAP. It is a short distance from the bike trail. It was not hard to find, however when you get close to the farm you do have to push your bikes up a steep wooded trail that is covered with large gravel and over a railroad crossing. The next day we decided to get back on the trail using the road instead. - especially because it was downhill :)
We stayed in the get-away suite which had a lot of room and was very comfortable. It reminded me of a cabin you might have.
We enjoyed walking around their place and Larry and Vicki even drove us into town to eat. The breakfast was nice. They were both very friendly. We were able to keep our bikes in their shed since it was forecasted to rain in the morning.
We were happy to find this place and would recommend staying here!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Reviewed 7 July 2013

It was a delight to spend time at the farm with Larry and Vicki and Harvey. Lovely grounds, cute goats, great breakfast, fabulous bonfire with smores, good company. Felt extremely well cared for and could easily imagine having a perfect day without going far from the farm. I would go back in a heartbeat.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I organized a multi- family weekend in Ohio Pyle and rented out the Stepping Stone. We do a lot of traveling with our children around the world and sometimes its hard to impress them but the Stepping Stone was all I needed to remind them that I'm truly the best travel guide they will ever have. The house is welcoming, comfortable and relaxing. Larry and Vicki make you feel like you're part of the family. I never knew goats could have so much personality and they were so gentle with our touches and hugs. Newly laid eggs will spoil you for life and strawberries off the bush were the sweetest that I found all summer. Please make sure you have Larry prepare the campfire for you and indulge in a s'more because Ohio Pyle rafting will have you burn off every delicious calorie. Our group included children from 8 to 15. They loved every minute of our weekend.

Room Tip: Ask Larry to choose for you.