“Pay the extra $20 for holiday inn”
Review of Just Sleep Motel

Just Sleep Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Conneaut Lake
Just Sleep Motel
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Conneaut Lake
Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

I was passing through conneaut and needed somewhere cheap to stay. I enjoy giving locally owned places my business so I opted for just sleep instead of holiday inn. This was a big mistake. I don't know what the other reviewers' idea of cleanliness is but this place was bad. Perhaps they had a busy weekend and didn't have time to thoroughly clean the room. That is the only explanation I can think of. The carpets were stained, no biggie this didn't phase me I just kept my shoes on. The bathroom was so dirty! There was hair in the sink and all over the floor and shower. I could visibly see the dirt and who knows what else before I entered the bathroom. The beds were even worse. The first bed I took the comforters off of had dirt all over the sheets that was a no go. So I tried the second bed . Same thing but a little better. Thankfully I had blankets and a pillow in my car that I used. Hard to sleep when you know its not clean. Would never go back

• Stayed: June 2013
4  Thank buttercup376

Reviewed 1 July 2013

We really appreciated having a refrigerator in our rooms. Staff was helpful in bringing us our key late in the evening. The beds were comfortable and rooms were clean. Check-in process was easy and accommodating.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank celebrateitall
Reviewed 23 August 2012

This is our thrid time here and we love it ....The rooms are very clean you have a cofee maker a fridge table a nice comfy bed very quiet and peacefull. The owners are very nice and will accommodate you on your arrival.We stay for at least 5dys but this year we stayed for a week.It is very close to everything. The rates are very reasonable and i would recommend the Just Sleep Motel to all my friends and family.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank patty g
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Whoever designed this motel has been either a traveller him/herself, or spent a lot of thought on it. It has all you need (coffeemaker, fridge,microwave, table to sit & write on, phone) yet enough room to move about and place for luggage etc. Clean windows! No frills, yet pleasant interior and the bath compartment spotless and efficient.Very quiet. $60 all included was a reasonable price for a comfortable one night stay. And on top of that: great wifi, real hispeed - which is often advertized but seldomly met. I had room #6.
Tip for the management: a standing light in the corner where the table is situated might add to a nicer light on the table.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank loesje2010
Reviewed 11 November 2011

My daughter and I stayed there a year ago, and I am planning on making another trip, and this is where I plan to stay.Customer service was great. We came down with the flu, and they were very helpful. We were there November 2010.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank Donna M
Reviewed 26 September 2011

We have a group of guys who hunt in the Conneaut Lake area. About 3 to 4 times a year we stay at Just Sleep. The rooms are always clean, the owners accommodate late arrivals, the location is convenient, and the rates are reasonable. We have been staying there for quite a few years now. When we first started going to that area we started staying the chain hotels in Meadville but the 10 mile drive got old real fast. So we decided that we needed to look around in Conneaut Lake and find something closer to the farm we hunt and also closer to the establishments we visited in the evenings. We checked out everyplace around the lake that advertised rooms. Some people didn’t want us, some places the heat didn’t work, and one place really smelled bad. We found Just Sleep and have been really happy with them and will continue to stay there.

Room Tip: They have different types of rooms to fit different needs. Single and two bed rooms as well as effic...
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank Brad H
Reviewed 20 September 2011

My wife and I stayed there in Sept. 2011. What a disaster. Motorcycles coming and going at all times of the night. Oil field workers moving in at out at 11 and 12 in the middle of the night. And the owner lady coming to clean and doing all kinds of stuff to prepare the room while we tried to sleep in the next door unit. We paid for a week and had to leave and go to another motel just to get some sleep. Its amazing to me who some people will rent to just to make a buck yet at the same time drive others away. We ask the owner lady the next day what the trouble was and she got very surley and dismissive of the whole situation. The lady owner got 2 days of my rent becaus we had to leave because of the noise. We would recommend that no one else stay at this motel unless you like noise and an lady with an attitude

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tom A
justsleepmotel, Owner at Just Sleep Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2011

This gentleman called and made a reservation for 5 days. In order to help wkeep his costs down, I offered him a weekly rate as that would give him 2 nights at no charge. I also told him that there would be a motorcycle event occuring during the stay. He made the reservation for 5 nights and I did go ahead and give him the weekly rate instead of the nightly rate which provided him a significant discount even if he stayed only the 5 days (Weeday rate for 5 nites even though he was staying over a special event weekend). They had checked in on a Thursday and at that time informed me they would be staying for the 7 nights. On Sunday morning, there was a guest who checked into the room next door. They were there for a two night stay. According to the gentleman who made the complaint the night they checked out, they packed there car and made noise as they were leaving for work at 10pm. The following morning, he came to the office asking specific question about he guest, it is against our policy to discuss other guests, but I did tell him they would not be back and I did make a note not to re-rent to this person. He did not seem upset at that time and since the guest he had questions about had already checked out I did not think it was necessary to make any other change. He made no other complaint during his stay and so I did not know that he was so upset about this until I received a threatening and abusive email from him demanding a refund for the last two days of their stay.

As soon as I received the e-mail, I contacted him agreed to give him the refund for te two days (even though it is against our policy for discounted rates) and offered him a room upgrade with a discount if they would return at a future time. He was dismissive to my attempts to make any ammends and hung up the phone which ended our communication. As the gentleman is elderly and I did not want to increase his agitation, I did not recontact him. I did send him the refund the same day by Priority Mail so that there would be no delay in his receiving it. I do find it interesting that after he received a discounted rate he extended his stay then left on the original date of departure without making a complaint until he returned home and then demanaded a refund for the days that were really bonus days. PLEASE NOTE I DID MAKE A REFUND. BUT I DID NOT KNOW THERE WAS ANY PROBLEM UNTIL I RECEIVED HIS THREATENING AND INFLAMMATORY E-MAIL!!! We make every attempt to resolve problems during any guests stay! I would ask that you not use this as an indication of our facility or our staff. Thank you!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Conneaut Lake
Quality Inn Meadville
Quality Inn Meadville
#3 of 5 in Meadville
Holiday Inn Express Meadville

Been to Just Sleep Motel? Share your experiences!