“Return Customer”
Review of Spring Mill Cafe

Spring Mill Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Spring Mill Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 82 Restaurants in Conshohocken
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Cuisines: French, International
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: River Rd
Transit: The Spring Mill station is just a few blocks from the restaurant. Just take the R6 Norristown line to the Spring Mill station, follow station road then make a right on Hector St. At the end of Hector make a right on Barren Hill and we are just a few hundred yards up on the right.
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Neat place. Convenient. Good food. A little pricey for what you get. I would recommend if you are loking for something quiet and unique.

There are newer reviews for Spring Mill Cafe

Reviewed 11 November 2013

I began working with the Spring Mill in July for a shower being held in November. My 150.00 deposit was received by the Spring Mill Aug 1. At that time, I shared our budget of 25.00 per guest. They seemed very accommodating with the set budget and were willing to work with me. Correspondence was through email and there was a written record of all that transpired. Be sure to obtain an invoice or contract ahead of time. Otherwise you are at their mercy, even when there are emails as record and there are no extra fees mentioned.
We arrived to set up and were told to wait 5 minutes because they were not ready for us. After about 15 min, we were allowed to set up.
While setting up, I was approached by Aubree who must have noticed we brought cookies, brownies and cupcakes. She mentioned that Ezra told me there would be a plating fee for bringing in our own dessert of 3.50 per guest. I was not aware of any such fee and 30 min prior to the shower start, I was informed of it. While setting up for the shower, I had to go through each email we traded and confirm there was no mention of a fee. There is also no mention of a plate fee on their web site. Our package included an app, entrée and dessert. Dessert was included in the package and there was no supplemental dessert packaged mentioned during the months preceding the shower.
Aubree insisted that she did not want to make this a stressful situation for us. Yet, they cause this stressful situation by not being up front with their fees. Speaking with the curt owner Erzra only added to the stress and truly put a bad taste in my mouth.
I speaking with Ezra about 20 min prior to the Bride’s arrival and he is extremely unprofessional. When I asked why I was not made aware of the 3.50 plate fee prior to the shower day, he rudely repeated “You come to my restaurant to eat my food.” He did not share that information prior and had no other response except “You come to my restaurant to eat my food.” When asked why that was shared with me prior, he could not answer the real question and hid behind his restaurant and food. “You come to my restaurant to eat my food.” Good one Ezra. Oh yeah, and he hung up on me. Real professional. At least admit you were not up front and work on a compromise. Stop hiding behind, you come to eat my food.
A few other things to note, I was not made aware of the 10% set up fee until 12 days before the event. If you are going to charge 10%, at least be ready for us when we arrive. The menu had one entrée switched than what was previously agreed upon via email. And of course the $3.50 plate fee was presented to me the day of the event.
I have never been charged a plate fee for bringing a birthday cake to a restaurant. Actually, for my bridal shower in September, the Corinthian Yacht Club (beautiful) deducted 2.00 per person since we brought our own desserts. Considering we did use the Spring Mill Package desert, what is the harm in supplementing with cookies and brownies?
My advice, get a contract in place and demand an invoice prior to the event. Ezra is not a man of integrity or professional.

2  Thank Juliejones205
Reviewed 9 October 2013

This is one of my favorite spots for brunch in the area. The restaurant is small and quaint. The food tastes amazing and looks great on the plate. The fluffy omelets and flavorful chicken salad sandwiches are my favorites, but there are several fancy French-inspired dishes on menu as well.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

The address is Conshohocken but you will feel transported to France in this delightful BYOB. The menu is creative, eclectic and changes seasonally with many local foods highlighted. It is a beautiful setting with options to eat on the porch or in a charming barn. The owners are wonderful and offer many special culinary events and experiences- check their website for the wide variety of special offerings. Bon Appétit!!

Reviewed 19 June 2013

Our son and his wife gave us a gift certificate for dinner at this wonderful country French restaurant in a place where one would not expect to find such a delightful place. The parking lot was almost full, but a young woman employee came out and guided us into a tight place, saying, "I'll make sure you don't back into the creek." The escargots were fantastic, the pâté trio platter was delicious, and then the special halibut and the grass-fed filet mignon were out of this world. And then the desserts: the chocolate mousse and the clafoutis were delicious. My wife had looked at a recipe for clafoutis and decided it would take too long - so she decided she wanted to these what it was like!