“Night before flight”

Courtyard Pittsburgh Airport
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Coraopolis
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Needed a place close to airport as I had an early morning flight. Considering the proximity to the airport, the hotel was fairly quiet - certainly no road noise. Staff was terrific from the check in, shuttle service and the restaurant / bar.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Manager313, Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

I very much appreciate your feedback and the opportunity to respond. I will be sharing all of your feedback with our staff during our daily standup meeting along with all managers at our hotel. We hope to see you again when in the area.

Kindly,

Pittsburgh Airport Courtyard Management Team

Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

We were in town for one night for a wedding and this was the closest hotel we could find to the venue that wasn't booked and/or a shady motel. We hadn't noted the official check in time, but when we arrived early (around 1:30) the front desk seamlessly found rooms for us immediately- no problems. They also helped us locate nearby quick service restaurants (the closest semi-fast food we could find was a Subway) which was great since we had never been in the area before. Our rooms were what we expected- and close to the lobby and a side entrance, so easy access to the car and lobby cafe. The cafe had much more than we thought they would have- pretty full bar as well as various sandwiches and salads. There is an indoor pool- but no hot tub like we thought. This hotel was very convenient for our needs and if we happen to be in town again, we would gladly stay here.

Stayed: May 2014

WOW! Thank you very much for your feedback!!! I will share all the information with our staff and other managers. Appreciate the time you took to fill out your critique.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

We live over 50 miles from Pittsburgh Interrnational, so we always stay at a nearby hotel that offers a park, sleep and fly program when we travel. This was our first time at this hotel March 2014) and our expectations were met.. This Courtyard was easy to find - just off the expressway. Front desk personnel were quite pleasant and very welcoming (did not get their names - two young ladies). The lobby was spacious and had a small bistro area. Our room on the main floor was as we expected - two comfortable beds and plenty of pillows, television, and desk with a comfortable chair. The bathroom was spotless and stocked well with towels. There was not much noise from air taffic - by late evening ther isn't much flying in and out of this airport . In the wee hours of the morning there was a problem with the fire alarm sounding - no fire but the front desk could not get it to turn off until after the fire department came in to solve the problem. Actually sort of humorous! Our shuttle to the airport was scheduled for 4:30 a.m. having made the arrangements with the front desk when checking in. A very nice lady had complimentary coffee ready for us when we arrived in the lobby - a very nice touch. She even had the van warming up right outside the front door, as it was a very chilly morning. Just a ten minute trip to the airport without incident. Two weeks later when we returned, we called the Courtyard for shuttle service after we claimed our bags and we were picked up within minutes and taken back to our car. So all in all we were extremely pleased with our choice of this hotel and hope to use this for pre-flight purposes in the future. We would very highly recommend this particular Courtyard.

Room Tip: Get a roon on the main floor, just an easy walk to the lobby.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank greeneyes084

Thank you very much for your detailed critique of our hotel. We appreciate it! I will share all information with the staff and other managers at the hotel.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

The Marriott brand covers a fairly wide range of properties. To me, the Courtyard brand is aimed at short-term stays of about 1-3 nights (i.e., people who are living out of a carry-on bag). It could be business (good desk and in-room technology, a small, basic fitness center) or pleasure (this one has a small swimming pool where you can entertain the kids for an hour or so). You may pay a little more than at a "clean bed and a roof" place but you also get a little more. Marriott updated the lobby and rooms a couple of years ago, and upgraded the breakfast choices. There are now a couple of small gathering places in the lobby area to socialize with guests or colleagues. They have one meeting room you can rent just off the lobby (I'm guessing it is good for 15-20 people; call the hotel to check). I've been staying here for about 10 years and have received good, consistent service from the friendly staff. This location is surprisingly quiet, given that it is located a couple of miles from the Pittsburgh International Airport (about a 5-6 minute drive). There are plenty of nearby restaurants within driving distance; most of them are over on University Blvd. Marriott raised the room rates after the most recent remodeling job, and this hotel is no longer as good a bargain, but if you are partial to the Marriott brand and don't need or use the services of the flagship Marriott property a few miles to the south, this hotel can save you a lot of money. If I have a complaint, it is that I occasionally get a room that has a broken phone or balky fixture. Now I try to check for issues right away, and ask for a different room. You can save money by prepaying for your room on the Marriott web site (but please read the cancellation policies before you prepay).

Room Tip: Stay away from the ice machines (an issue that is true in every hotel I've ever stayed in). Othe...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank PaulG1973
Manager313, Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback. We appreciate it!

WOW, the loyalty you have shown our hotel is apparent, even through the renovation process. This is always a difficult time for both guests and staff.

I have been a manager with this hotel for 18 years and appreciate any open discussions, especially with our "long time" guests. I take ALL feedback back to the team. It gives us the opportunity to encourage further training or celebrate the team's success.

Again, I appreciate your detailed review! Have a great weekend!

Reviewed 27 March 2014

I have stayed at several Marriott properties near the airport, that offer shuttle service, however I like the shuttle service at this one the best. The shuttle does not stop elsewhere, so you leave this hotel and go directly to the airport. The shuttle was on time and the driver was really friendly, even at 4:50 AM.
On the return, I called the shuttle line as we were getting our bags, and by the time we walked out the doors the van was already pulling up. The driver drove up right to my vehicle for unloading. I have waited for a long long time for a return pickup at the airport from hotels all across the country, but this service was fantastic.

The property overall is convenient, great location, well maintained, and I parked my vehicle for week for free, which is a huge bonus.

Room Tip: We stayed in the back of the property and brining in luggage from the car seemed far, so if you have...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Thank you very much for the positive review! We appreciate your feedback and the opportunity to share the experience with our staff. Have a great weekend!

Reviewed 24 March 2014

I often travel to pittsburgh for work, and most times we stay at this hotel. However after this experience, we have decided to try out other hotels in the area. The rooms cost almost $200 a night, and I found a room at another hotel for about $130 a night, and everything about that hotel is great! So we cancelled our reservation, and went to this other hotel.

This Marriott is set up very oddly - in order to use the elevator you have to walk halfway around the hotel. After an exhausting day of work, you don't feel like lugging all your bags so far, but at the same time we couldn't carry them up the steps since they were too heavy! I requested a fridge before I got there. (You would think for $200 a night they would give you a fridge!). They said they didn't have that request on file but they would bring one to my room. The fridge was a bust - I put glass juice bottles and protein drinks in there since I was staying at the Marriott for a week - I woke up in the morning to find the glass bottles had exploded! The temperature dial was in the middle, but obviously it was broke since all it did was freeze everything in the fridge including my food. And since there is no microwave in the room, I couldn't defrost any of it to salvage it. What a waste of $50 grocery shopping!
The room once again was dirty, there was hair in the shower drain, but I couldn't change rooms because there was a snow storm and they were all booked up. The last time I was here, there was a dirty washcloth still hanging in the bathroom. I gave this hotel a second chance, but Over all, I would not stay here again and I've made sure all my business associates stay at the other hotel in the area that I found to be much better and cheaper.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Manager313, Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Thank you very much for your feedback and the opportunity to respond.

I have discussed the feedback you have provided with our management team. This is disappointing and I can understand your frustration. Please do not hesitate to contact any management team member if you are unhappy or unsatisfied with your stay. We would never allow you to leave without correcting any issue.

Thank you for bringing your comments to our attention.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

Normally courtyards are quiet, clean, home-like conditions for higher level experience & cost. This one had nice people but it badly needs some TLC and our room on 3rd floor was a long walk. The breakfast quality was also not up to normal courtyard standards. We went here because the Embassy suites next door was full. Will not return but look for something else in the area.

Room Tip: Avoid the 3rd floor as it is a LONG walk from reception.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
twpost, Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

We would like to extend our apologies for the level of disappointment and inconvenience that you experienced at our hotel. We strive for excellence and are disheartened by the feedback that was given. We take comments like this very seriously and use them to focus on areas that may need improvement. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact our hotel and ask for a manager on duty. We would appreciate hearing from you and to be given a chance to regain your loyalty.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Coraopolis
Embassy Suites by Hilton Pittsburgh - International Airport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh Airport
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#5 of 11 in Coraopolis

Been to Courtyard Pittsburgh Airport? Share your experiences!